PDA

View Full Version : How is jam gross?!

rockleefangirlX
10-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I was telling my brother how I wanted to cosplay as Beyond Birthday from Death Note: Another Note: BB Murder Case and I was going to cary around jam and stick my hand in it and eat it off my fingers. I think it would be hillarious, but he started to gag... can somebody please tell me how its gross? :confused:

xSYN
10-03-2010, 02:17 PM
you're gonna have sticky fingers all day, even if you carry around tissues to clean up with. that in itself is gross oTZ not to mention tedious if you get stopped every ten minutes for photos.

i know if i saw someone carrying jam around a convention to coat their fingers and eat it off them for photos, i'd stay as far away as i can. especially if i'm wearing white.

sorry man. :c it is gross, and possibly a waste of money since if my sibling did that, nobody else in the family's gonna touch that jar of jam.

Juliapop
10-06-2010, 01:20 AM
I just carry a spoon with me, and if I really want to get a photo where I'm eating the jam with my hands, I find the bathroom and wash my hands right after. It'd be messy and unsanitary to walk around eating jam with your fingers all day.

Celcia
10-06-2010, 02:32 AM
I just carry a spoon with me, and if I really want to get a photo where I'm eating the jam with my hands, I find the bathroom and wash my hands right after. It'd be messy and unsanitary to walk around eating jam with your fingers all day.

Pretty much this. The bacteria could accumulate and you could end up sick after or during the con because of it.

BsWN
10-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Usually I just carry around my jam, and I usually don't eat much of it, unless I'm actuallly hungry, but then I have wet wipes or something. Or if you get stopped for photos, just open the jar, and stick your fingers in your mouth or something to make it look like you're eating the jam.

NeQuittezPas
10-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Also, and this is just a personal thing, I would certainly never be able to choke down a handful of jam. Some people can handle that level of sweets, but I just... can't. It'd be okay for a photo shoot, I guess, but I'd have to spit out the jam afterwards, or I might be sick too... @\\\\@

ELunamoon
11-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Also, and this is just a personal thing, I would certainly never be able to choke down a handful of jam. Some people can handle that level of sweets, but I just... can't. It'd be okay for a photo shoot, I guess, but I'd have to spit out the jam afterwards, or I might be sick too... @\\\\@

Exactly why I'm going to have a problem with cosplaying Mello xD I can't eat that much chocolate without something to go with it so I'm gonna have to fake it ._.

And yeah, please please don't go around at a con with jelly all over your fingers. Like mentioned before, it is a health hazard. And in the dealers room, they wont appriciate you touching their goods with jelly-covered hands. Plus people will be supersuper pissed if you accidentally got any on their costumes. BUT I'd so go for it if its just for a photoshoot. Definitely not at a con though.

rockleefangirlX
11-15-2010, 08:05 PM
thanks guys for the heads up. I can see how it's gross now :3

breenak
11-30-2010, 09:06 PM
It's not just gross because it's unsanitary, but because it looks like blood or looks like it could be mixed with blood. eugh.