PDA

View Full Version : Matantei Loki group, anyone?

Nene
10-06-2003, 09:26 AM
I have yet to see any cosplay of this manga/anime, and since it's my current obsession, me and my friends decided to try to get together a MaLoRa group! -^ ^- So far we only have a Mayura (me) and Verdandi (my friend Shanpyuu). We *may* have a Child Loki, but we dunno if he can go yet or not... So, anyone think they can join? Repeats are welcome!

Lyn
10-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Mawr, damn you Nene, for making another group that I would want to join but can't. XP lol I just saw the first 8 episodes this weekend in fact. lol If I had a green wig, I would be tempted to make a very quick uh...whats-his-name, Loki's servant dude that's actually a snake. I forgot his name. ^^; Yamino or something like that?

Ah well. I'll definently take pictures of you guys. ^_^ There's so many great cosplay groups being formed already. Katsu is going to be really awesome this time around.

Nene
10-06-2003, 10:46 AM
Hehe, yea~ Yamino! -^ ^- That would be so cool if you could, -* *-

Yea, I just finished MaLoRa this weekend, and buying the manga now, because I need more! Mwaa.. It's so good...-x x-

Waitaminute...You're cosplaying Noin!?!? ok, in that cosplay you better watch out for me, Noin is one of my fav KKJ charries..-* *- I was actually tempted to cosplay his lil dragon slave boy from the manga for a while.... but never did..-x x-

Yea, and Mayura is so stupid! I love her! Now if I can only find a better outfit than her school uniform.. The Police outfit or detective/safari outfit is cute, but I dun think anyone would recognize me in those..XD;;

Lyn
10-06-2003, 11:11 AM
Fwah! Mou, I would have loved to have a Silk to go with my Noin cosplay. Ah well. You've already got like a ton of costumes planned from what I can see. ^^; Eep, I will make sure to beware of the rabid fangirl. o_o; Noin rocks.

Aw, the poliec outfit is so cute! But yeah, I agree that going with her regular outfit would be a bit more recognizable.

Nene
10-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Silk! Yes, that's his name... forgot it since it's been a LONG time since I read the manga..-x_x- I may do him someday, though, who knows!

See, with her school uniform, I declared that I would try to advoid seifuku at all costs a few years ago... First cause some seifuku look a lot a like, second cause when me and my friends did a GALS! group, some random fandom boys stalked us and our short skirts (we were only around 13, then, too! -x_x;;; ), and because Seifuku can be used in so many hentai contexts...-=_=-

I dunno, I think I'll hafta stick to Mayura's, though... at least it's a cute seifuku! -^ ^;

Lyn
10-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Beware, now that you've said that, I might have to hunt you down until you finally cosplay him, lol. XP

Yeah, that is the problem about those outfits. They all look similar and the skirts are so short. o_o; But I think if you're with other Loki cosplayers, it shouldn't be too hard to tell who you're supposed to be. ^^

Nene
10-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Whee, and to add on, now we got a Heimdall! -^ ^- I'm still trying to see if one of my friends can cosplay child Loki, but I dunno if either of the people I'm getting to can... If all come to worse, I'll just cosplay him myself, fufufu...

Dio Maxwelle
11-16-2003, 01:24 PM
Well, newbie, but I'm a child Loki cosplayer! I kinda don't have ANYone in a group to cosplay w/ me....T_T I kinda went "unprotected" to Yaoi-con and a Heimdall caught me..... On that note, I'm forcing my gf to do a Reiya costume. If anyone needs us as a pair, we're available.... Height-wise, she's shorter than me....and I'm about 5'1". If this helps, I look forward to meeting up w/ you at the next available con!

Nene
11-16-2003, 04:12 PM
That'd be awesome if we could meet up! -^ ^- Hehe, tought ol' Mayura would protect cha from any rabid Heimdalls! Ou! ::punches fist in air:: XO

We may have two Reiya's, though. Not a problem for me, I hope not for you all. She's someone I met offa the hemuloki livejournal comm. Yea... -. .- ->>-

OH! I need to update the list! So it's...um...

Child!Loki: Dio Maxwelle
Kakusei!Loki: Addy-kun (Maybe?)
Mayura: Me! =D
Hel: Shanpyuu
Heimdall: Pip
Reiya: Hemuloki comm. girl, will update her name later; Dio's g/f.

(Wow...two Reiya cosplayers. -o o- I wanna Freya! XO)

Ayaka
11-16-2003, 06:35 PM
AUGH~! x_X I really want to cosplay Freyr. Ah, I am so tempted. But I'm doing other groups for Katsu, I really can't guarantee I could do it. :( Well, regardless, I'll want to track you down to take pictures. ^^ Do you have any idea what day you're doing it?

I'd actually very much like to see someone do one of Mayura's other outfits, since they're cute and a bit more interesting than another girl in a seifuku. I think anyone who recognizes anyone besides Loki himself will be someone who knows the series though, so they'd get one of Mayura's other outfits!

Dio Maxwelle
11-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Oh, goody, a protective neechan! Just refrain from speaking the M-word and I think we'll get along swimmingly. BTW, are any of you going to make it to Fanime 04? Or Yaoi-con 04? Y-con especially cuz then the possiblities are endless....XD

And the reason I made my gf Reiya is because since Reiya's the only other chara on that show prettier than ChildLoki, my gf should be just as cute....XD Plus it gives me a good excuse of having her hang off me for the whole con, rather than beating the smack out of me like in the other costumes we do (Fake, Gundam Wing, Yami no Matsuei).....XD And she's short. I'd make her do Freya but she's shorter than me and I don't need her carrying bladed weapons with which to hurt me with.

ArgentD
11-19-2003, 12:20 AM
And the reason I made my gf Reiya is because since Reiya's the only other chara on that show prettier than ChildLoki, my gf should be just as cute....XD Plus it gives me a good excuse of having her hang off me for the whole con, rather than beating the smack out of me like in the other costumes we do (Fake, Gundam Wing, Yami no Matsuei).....XD And she's short. I'd make her do Freya but she's shorter than me and I don't need her carrying bladed weapons with which to hurt me with.

That's good reasoning. My reasoning for picking Reiya is thus: I can probably make her costume, and I have the hair about right naturally, so I don't have to do anything for it. Me and my avoidance of wig wearing.

My name's Argent, by the way.

Dio Maxwelle
11-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Bah, you and your natural hair. XD XD I have about mid-back length dark brown hair akin to the consistency of a Klingon's. Thus trying to do straight haired charas or charas with short hair is hell, because my hair doesn't fit under the wig/wigcap and I end up in stuffing my hair down my shirt. Very uncomfortable. That and my complexion doesn't fit half the charas I do.....T_T Wish I was short and cute, so I can pull off Loki better.

BTW, my ChildLoki wig is bright orange, and I justify the color by saying its orange in the manga, but it's substancially darker in the anime. So someone please set me straight: is his hair a light brown in the anime, or is that just the lighting, given that a lot of the scenes I've seen happen at night? Please say its orange, I have $10 riding on my reasoning. XD

Hello Argent. XD XD

digikoomi
11-23-2003, 04:13 PM
I been seeing picture of this anime for while but what's the story about? is it good? well info info ^_^ thank you~

and yeah I will look for you guys' at katsu

Nene
11-23-2003, 07:35 PM
He actually appears to have dark hair in the anime...

In the manga it's light brown-dirty blonde as a child. -^ ^-

Dio Maxwelle
11-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Darn. Then that screencap from ep 7 must have been lightened or something. Whelp, I'm out $10.... XD I suppose making wild bets makes me a pretty good Loki, at least according to mythology.... XD XD

digikoomi: There's a thread for the anime on here....um, its somewhere....I just have it bookmarked:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=16464

But its your basic run-of-the-mill Norse God anime, w/ a few liberties taken. XD Mayura, a mystery freak in the vein of charas like Conan, meets Loki, a child-like detective and his butler/servant person Yamino, and forces herself into his life in search of more mysteries. Odin banished Loki to earth/Midgard and has sent ppl to kill him, only they're not the most capable at first: Freyr's a crackhead, Heimdall's a creepy one-eyed little boy bend on Loki's pain and destruction, Thor's poor, and Freya's a psychopath. That's the story I know up to episode 8. ^^;;;; Hope that helps???

ArgentD
11-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Bah, you and your natural hair. XD XD I have about mid-back length dark brown hair akin to the consistency of a Klingon's. Thus trying to do straight haired charas or charas with short hair is hell, because my hair doesn't fit under the wig/wigcap and I end up in stuffing my hair down my shirt. Very uncomfortable.

Does it say anything that I made a point of having things to hide my ponytail under when I cosplayed Omi from Weiss Kreuz? There was his bandanna thing...and the baseball cap that oh-so-conveniently is worn backwards...

Dio Maxwelle
12-02-2003, 04:56 PM
I concede. You feel my pain. Gomensai!

Any tips on how to keep knee-high socks up? My Reiya's having problems. Other than a split personality and being neurotic I mean....XD XD

Ayaka
12-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Try some double-sided tape, perhaps? I haven't been able to find the sticky rubber stuff they use on the inside of garterless hose in stores, unfortunately . . . I need some for an upcoming costume myself.

Dio Maxwelle
12-03-2003, 06:09 PM
You mean "lingere tape", like the kind Kylie Minogue used in her "Can't Get You Outta My Mind" video? XD I suggested hot glue and was rewarded w/ "You wanna live to see puberty, Loki?" from my gf. She's so loving....-_-

Ayaka
12-04-2003, 02:24 AM
I think lingerie tape is more high-class than what I'm talking, lol. Just normal double-sided craft tape from Walmart. The other stuff I meant is like ribbed rubber . . .

Hahah, personally I have a cosplay rule of "no intentional hot gluing things to myself".

BTW, I'm pretty sure now that I will have Frey(r) for Katsu. I just really want to do it, time or no! lol. I wish I had a Heimdall, though . . . ;_;

Dio Maxwelle
12-04-2003, 04:40 PM
That's simple. You snag an otaku who's open-minded to cosplay, grab a purple wig and a pair of gardnening gloves and roll w/ it. Heimdall's lucky cuz he has more or less "normal" looking clothing. XD, j/k
Oh, and for Frey, it might be best to bring Taiyaki, as it seems like a good prop and I like Taiyaki. XD No, kids, do not feed the Loki...../")o,..,o("\ rawr.

ArgentD
12-05-2003, 05:03 PM
No, kids, do not feed the Loki...../")o,..,o("\ rawr.

So you're saying that if we feed the Loki Taiyaki, he'll eat ALL the Taiyaki? *grins*

Ayaka
12-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Hahah, kidnapping random congoers, isn't that a crime in Maryland? XD (Heck, seems everything else is . . .)

I don't know how I'll get taiyaki there in one piece; but I shall certainly try. How did you know I was thinking of doing that, lol!

Dio Maxwelle
12-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Its not technically kidnapping.... Remember: its not illegal until you get caught. ^^;;;

And if you feed the Loki taiyaki, he just might eat the kids. XD ...Oh wait....

ArgentD
12-10-2003, 03:48 PM
And if you feed the Loki taiyaki, he just might eat the kids. XD ...Oh wait....

I think rethinking that might be a good plan...

Nene
12-12-2003, 11:02 PM
I'll prolly bring up some back-up taiyaki! And takoyaki...and onigiri...-. .- I always bring random foods to cons. Lyn saw it at AnimeUSA. XD;

Also, I'll be bringing a Heimdall~. -^ ^-

Dio Maxwelle
12-14-2003, 07:20 PM
I'll prolly bring up some back-up taiyaki! And takoyaki...and onigiri...-. .- I always bring random foods to cons. Lyn saw it at AnimeUSA. XD

You're speaking my language! Marry me Masaki!!!!! XD ^,..,^

Dio Maxwelle
12-31-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm sorry to inform you that because of my schedule for Spring 2003 at SJSU, I'm not going to make it to Katsucon. T_T Believe me, I'm upset too, but my father stands firm on this, and the only cons I'm going to be making it to are ones closer to home, Fanime and Yaoi-con. Sorry to be so much trouble.....but I hope you guys have a blast this year without us. Gomenai sai!

ArgentD
01-28-2004, 02:06 AM
Out of curiousity, is there a planned day for MaLoRa cosplay (so we all get a group shot or something)? I'm trying to plan out my Katsucon costumes now so I know what order to pack them in later.

And for the record, this Reiya will be missing her pink jacket. I'm going to have fun thinking like Reiya to cover that one.

Nene
01-28-2004, 02:27 AM
Oh, thank you for reminding me!

I'll probably be wearing the Mayura outfit on Friday, as well (I finally decided on just doing the school uniform), but would it be best to meet on Sunday? There's barely any groups doing so, so... How about around noon?

ArgentD
01-28-2004, 06:42 AM
Oh, thank you for reminding me!

I'll probably be wearing the Mayura outfit on Friday, as well (I finally decided on just doing the school uniform), but would it be best to meet on Sunday? There's barely any groups doing so, so... How about around noon?

Since I don't yet know when my ride back from Katsucon is leaving, that sounds like an okay plan to me.

Nene
01-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Alright, can't wait to see you there! -^-^-

ArgentD
02-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Alright, can't wait to see you there! -^-^-

Agreed. And I'll try to find you Friday, so I catch you at least once in case I can't make the noon Sunday group shot.