PDA

View Full Version : Evangelion ParaPara Group

Eurobeat King
10-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm interested in forming a group of Evangelion cosplayers together to do a ParaPara routine for a con-skit sometime in 2003 (although Nekocon 2002 is a possibility if we get it formed soon) that I'll be at: Ohayocon, Katsucon, A-cen, A-kon, AX, Otakon, San Diego Comic Con, etc. The group should have a minimum of 5 people, and the characters recommended from EVA would be:

Shinji (that would be cosplayed by me)
Rei (school or plugsuit) *there could be 2 Rei's (clones)* ;)
Asuka (school, yellow-dress, or plugsuit)
Misato
Ritsuko
Kaoru
Gendo
Kaji
Maya

The more in the group we have the merrier, but cons may have a maximum to the # of people on stage. The ParaPara song for the skit will be relatively easy, and I'll help teach you the steps to songs like "Boom Boom Fire" or "Night of Fire" at the con with audio (and visual) aid.

Anyone interested? Please reply back here. :D

Chosuke
10-17-2002, 03:17 PM
Omg x.x!!!

I SO wish I lived in America! I know both of those routines off by heart and would of loved to have helped you guys out.. waaah

Sami
10-17-2002, 03:40 PM
PARAPARA!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! *^_^* LOL I so would love to do that, but I'd only be able to attend a few of the cons (Katsu, Otakon, stuff on the east coast mainly).. aa, ParaPara rules.. :D

Eurobeat King
10-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Sami: Katsucon would probably be my first East Coast con in 2003, as I'm unsure right now about Ohayocon, but there's still time to go. ;)

Kaje
10-17-2002, 03:53 PM
*para para freak*

Oh my god! I'd love to volunteer to do Misato, if that's okay... ^_~

I love Para Para... x.x;

But the conventions I could possibly go to do that is Otakon or Katsucon... ^^;

But Katsucon would be so much beter scheduled for me... since Otakon will be kinda hectic for me... ya know? ^^;

Eurobeat King
10-17-2002, 05:10 PM
Sounds like Katsucon 2003 in February would be a good con to get a group together for the skit. :)

Sami: If you are able to attend Katsu, and are interested, which EVA cosplayer would you like to cosplay as?

Kaje: If you would like to be Misato, that would be fine. Welcome aboard! :D

Sami
10-17-2002, 05:32 PM
I would definitely do... Kaworu. ^_^

But I think I'm going to be a part of another skit at Katsu (unsure as of yet), so I'll have to get back to you on that.. however, I might be at Animazement and definitely at Otakon.. I'll let you know!

Nemui Yume
10-17-2002, 05:50 PM
i'm surprise your not aiming for Velfarre.

good job those are good routines

Eurobeat King
10-17-2002, 06:39 PM
The song choice is still up in the air, but "Velfarre 2000" is a good choice, indeed. :) The EVA opening theme would go perfectly for our group, or perhaps also the PP version of "Fly Me to the Moon" would work too. At Otakon this year, I saw Yoko Ishida sing that song twice, and her ParaPara girls did a routine to it.. I wonder if it's available on video d/l, or if anyone videotaped her concert (even though they weren't supposed to..) :thumbsup:

Mei Lan Chang
10-17-2002, 07:02 PM
I got the eva part down pat, but I fear all stages with immense dread. Not to mention I never bothered to learn the Para Para as it was playing nonstop around me at Ani-Magic.

Sami
10-17-2002, 08:36 PM
I know the Eva PPMax routine by heart! :D *proud!* It's available on VCD, but I'm sure just that routine is floating around out there somewhere..

SohjiroX
10-17-2002, 08:41 PM
I know some of the dance moves, not much and I am quick on the game and such to know the movements so if you still need a Kagi I will be glad to do so. Just name the con and practice time or such if there is any.

Eurobeat King
10-17-2002, 10:50 PM
MLChang: You make such a good Ritsuko, and doing a PP routine in that costume wouldn't be hard. I'm sure myself and/or everyone else can teach you to do a routine or ten.. ;)

Sami: I have the PPMax also on vcd/tape, and have been practicing the EVA opening theme a few times myself. :thumbsup: I've seen it done at cons already (it was in an AX 2002 skit) and I personally like the PP "Fly Me to the Moon" song better.

SohjiroX: It looks like Katsucon 2003 would be a good con to get together for it, so as the con draws closer and the group forms, we'll plan a meeting date/time/meeting place.

Kaje
10-18-2002, 10:21 AM
Dude... I like, totally forgot. I'd love to Misato, but I forgot that I was already booked for other costumes. GOMEN NEEE~! ;_;

Maryssa
10-20-2002, 11:38 AM
eeeew al =p dont do a parapara max one. you know they suck! err, i have no idea if i'll even be at any east coast cons this coming year... unless you wanna do it on the wessiiiide =p I still have a half-finished yellow asuka dress in my boxes of costume crap ;D and you know i am the parapara queen even though i cant stand it anymore.

btw.... who's window was THIS ^^;;;; http://www.bishou.org/~cosplay/am2k2/princess/Dsc00632.jpg

Alisa
10-20-2002, 08:03 PM
I would love to learn Para Para and do the skit thing. Though, The only convention out of your list that I can attend is Acen. I wouldn't mind being Rei or Asuka in schoolgirl outfit. Whatever you need most. Both of them I would have to get the appropriate wig anyway.

Maryssa
10-20-2002, 11:25 PM
For a skit, I think it would be best for people who have been dancing for a long time so it looks very synchronized.

Michi
10-20-2002, 11:45 PM
I'd help out if I were going to Katsucon... But I'm going to Ushicon instead 'cause I'm whipped like that. >_>

Ranma Saotome
10-20-2002, 11:59 PM
Eurobeat King, if you were at Otakon 2k2 and saw the Dance Dance EVA skit, you may wanna contact this girl, Celes Maxwell. She may help you out, I sent her a copy of the thread. :)

Maryssa
10-21-2002, 09:02 AM
dear god please no more ddr skits -_-

Ranma Saotome
10-21-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
dear god please no more ddr skits -_-

DDR skits own you for free! :D

Alisa
10-21-2002, 08:46 PM
I used to play a lot of DDR, so I don't know if Para Para is really different that different. I learned DDR pretty quickly, so I might be able to learn Para Para quicky. I could definately learn in time for Acen.

Maryssa
10-21-2002, 09:13 PM
para para dancing has almost nothing to do with ddr... it doesnt sound like the skit he had in mind has anything to do with the videogame

-_- ddr skits will never own me... i'm so sick of them, sorry.

Eurobeat King
10-21-2002, 11:44 PM
Kaje: It's kewl that you already have plans.. ;)

Maryssa: Yeah, I don't really like the PPMax routines that much either, and I've seen the EVA theme done at AX, Ota, SDCC, and even Animagic (by the same people who did it at the other cons too!) But I think it would at least good with EVA cosplayers doing the routine. At AX2k2 there was a pair who did Aya & Saya, and they got the routine down nicely, but Weib Kreuz & Blood the Last Vampire doing an EVA song? :thumbsup: If I got the EVA group together for a con, I think teaching them something easy like "Boom Boom Fire" on the first day (FRIDAY) would be something they could master within a few hours.. ;)

Ranma: I didn't see the Otakon 2k2 cosplay, but I know Carrie and the other EVA cosplayers of that group. I would've liked to see them on stage, but I was busy during the masqy. I myself have seen plenty o' DDR skits throughout the con years.. Using music from DDR for skits (like Aoshi's Animagic skit involving Kenshin yaoi) while NOT doing a dance skit seems more creative, and ParaPara skits look more rhythmic on stage with arm (and feet) movements than just rapid feet-movements with DDR.

SohjiroX
10-30-2002, 12:19 PM
Eurobeat King, if you want I can call my friend Aya, the one you saw at the cons doing all that and ask him to help if he can, and I could join in on this, it sounds like a load of fun.

Boom Boom Fire.......FFFIIIRRREEE!!!! That song is way to cool.