PDA

View Full Version : The Window Decorating Contest!?

Cherry
10-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Who won? Does anyone know? We tried to ask staff like nine times, but no one seemed to know!

Hehe. I had the Yaoi Window. @_@;;;; Forgive me.

FlameSniperRei
10-06-2003, 02:55 PM
LOL I saw that XD

Kira_Yamato
10-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Ah, so you were the one with the disturbing window! I saw it a bunch of times, you were right on our Initial D race course!

Eveil
10-06-2003, 07:11 PM
wahahaha! XD
stopped dead in my tracks seeing a big "YAOI" in rainbow colors. wonderful X)

Rey-Rey
10-06-2003, 07:12 PM
I don't know about all of you.

But my window was the best one.

It said "REY-REY IS HOT!" >=D

Any questions? >=D

Woof. >=D Kitty Litter. >=D

L to the 3rd
10-06-2003, 07:23 PM
lol the yaoi one was awesome

ClutZGurl
10-06-2003, 07:27 PM
I have no idea who won (I thought they said they couldn't judge them since checkout was at 1pm and people took their stuff down early?)...but! I was the girl with the blonde bangs who you were talking to Friday night when your leg was all scary and bleeding. *thumbs up? o_O* Your window was hilarious XD and I hope your leg is in better shape ^^;

Arisugawa Juri
10-06-2003, 07:28 PM
The yaoi one was quite amusing. The Initial D race was hilarious as well.

I think Al had a pretty wacky window, personally.

Iori E
10-06-2003, 07:45 PM
OMG, you're Candice! All this time and I didn't even know! I feel stupid now... ^^;;;

Yeah, the Kingdom of Yaoi (or whatever the title was) was awesome.

positivespace
10-06-2003, 07:50 PM
I thought I heard from someone that there wasn't a competition this year... not really sure, though.

Anyway, Cherry, I was your neighbor and I cracked up every time I passed by your window. =)

Claire
10-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Weeeeell, the winners for the Window Decorating Contest are always announced at Closing Ceremonies - so, uh, I would assume you would have been there? They announced (twice, I think) during closing cer. that they staff was running late that day due to various things, and didn't get to judge everything fairly since a lot of people had taken down their decorations because of the check out time at 1 o'clock.

I have nooooo idea what they were running late because of, but that's what they said. *shrug*

DarkGunner
10-06-2003, 08:39 PM
The Yaoi window was throughly entertaining but I especially liked the attack of the Domo Kun window. Whoever you were that rocked my socks right off. XD

Nova
10-06-2003, 09:21 PM
When I was there it was said there was no competition because they didn't have like..either enough people to vote or just didn't do it at all X.x
Our window was the .hack window.

khiro
10-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Oh! That window was one of the neater ones! Plus it was just like right there for all to see...The yaoi one was kewl too, but it was a bit more hidden ^^;

Nova
10-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Yeah it was! The yaoi was a shocker to me when I saw it but w00t, I luffed it XD.

Sana-chan
10-06-2003, 10:25 PM
Your window owned lol. That one and the .hack ones were my fave XD

Sagara-san
10-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Just to clear things up. Revell said that because the hotel had everyone check out at 1:00pm and everyone took down their window displays that there could be no judging........THAT SUX! :sulk:

Beware_UY7
10-07-2003, 11:36 AM
Cherry, next year our window will be even better! So they'd better judge!!! *Rawr. determination*

That sucks a whole lot that they didn't judge the windows. The Yaoi window did seem to draw people to it. There were random people standing around/ inside the room, and I was confused. It was like, "Who is this? Where'd you come from? Close the door, please."

Next year: YY. Rawr. *plots*

Cherry
10-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Oh my GOD! Thanks to everyone for the comment!!!! @_@ Lol. The Yaoi Window as a five minute idea. Next year is going to be: The YY Chromisome. (Yaoi Yuri). It's gonna be neat x 20.

Wait. Unless there aren't any windows at this new venue thing.. ::Tries not to think about that::

SANA-CHAN! j00 rock

Positive Space, lol. Sorry I scared you by screaming you were my hero every time I saw you. But it amused me greatly, and your costume positivly (pun!) owned me.

Karisu-sama
10-07-2003, 04:35 PM
AFAIK, the new location has no windows to decorate; sorry.

I didn't even plan on having a window display (and I wasn't doing this for any contest), but as I didn't manage to finish my daughter's matching Misao costume for her doll, I just put the doll in the window sewing the thing herself (the cosplayer who didn't finish her costume on time!). We also put all the cosplaying plushies we brought with us (Genma Saotome in Panda form, Himura Kenchu, etc.)

For some reason, people were giving us extra plushies for the window all weekend - I guess those plushies wanted my kid's doll to sew them some costumes too.... o.O

~~~~~~~~~~

Yaoi window! XD Lotsa cool windows....

Crazy Bunta
10-07-2003, 08:28 PM
Well it sounds like if there was a contest, the YAOI window won! Hahaha. That one rocked!

It was nowhere near where I had to be, but I would go over there to check it out, cause there was so much on it.

HitokiriLady
10-23-2003, 05:18 AM
Awww! No windows to decorate next year . . . I had the room with the "Chibi Things That Kill" window (the one with all the plushies). I was looking forward to making another go at it next year. Oh well . . . it was fun while it lasted. Cherry: I LOVED the Yaoi window! he he he

Maryssa
10-23-2003, 11:00 PM
I personally was a fan of Al's SEB window... but thats just retardedly biased i guess (as i was dancing to the videos while waiting backstage for the masq to start)

Eveil
10-23-2003, 11:20 PM
I personally was a fan of Al's SEB window... but thats just retardedly biased i guess (as i was dancing to the videos while waiting backstage for the masq to start)

lol! I got a picture of his window there XD but only one~ and has a bit of a glare.
I wanted to take his remote FC car XD

Cherry
10-24-2003, 06:21 AM
Al's Window rocked!!!

Thanks again to everyone who commented on me and Sammwise's Yaoi Kingdom Window!! <3.

Pip Bernadette
11-13-2003, 03:23 PM
Our window was just..well..random..we had alot of Hellsing..including the guns..we had cowboy bebop..trigun..and sailor moon..we just kept adding stuff^_^