PDA

View Full Version : AT Last, It Can Be Told! New Venue!

AM Chair
10-06-2003, 07:09 PM
It gives me great pleasure to announce that Ani-Magic is moving to new digs in 2004. Our new venue is Hyatt Valencia/Santa Clarita Convention Center, at the corner of Magic Mountian Pkwy and Mc Bean. This location will have the same feel you've come to know and love with a more upscale hotel and facilities. We'll have pics up on our site and here soon. Room rates: 1-3 $99.00 4 people $109.00. In future, you'll be able to make reservations from on-line from web site and the Hyatt. Ani-Magic will take place Oct 1-3 2004

This news I'm sure makes Annie and Blue Lady very happy!

FlameSniperRei
10-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Weee! Ani-Magic at Magic Mountain I like the sound of that!

Rey-Rey
10-06-2003, 07:13 PM
*grunts* I'll definitely be there to break in the new facility.

Get into it.

JoeBoeing
10-06-2003, 07:27 PM
I called yesterday and the following days are already booked:

September 30th - thursday
October - 3rd -Sunday
October 4th - Monday

Only the 1st and 2nd are available.

Get rooms today before they are gone.

There are 3 large groups that accumilated most the rooms.

From,
Joe

AM Chair
10-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Are you sure? we've got a block of 140 rooms. I wonder if con goers snagged them already.

khamryn
10-06-2003, 07:33 PM
Joe- o_O Already?

DarkGunner
10-06-2003, 07:34 PM
What the heck?! The rooms are already booked? That cannot be. O_o

Taisou
10-06-2003, 07:40 PM
I doubt that, I think he was misinformed. Unless people are calling off the hook 9literally) I don't see how thats possible but I could be wrong. I'm assuming this will be looked into though.

Claire
10-06-2003, 07:47 PM
You probably have to ask for the Ani-magic block.

sercius
10-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Whoo! Anime Con in my hometown! I wasn't able to go to this year, but having it here will make it so much simpler to attend.

Michi
10-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Wheee from how you described it, I can't wait to see. ^_^ I can't wait to see pictures!

Mmmm must book hotel early.. >_>

Iori E
10-06-2003, 08:35 PM
From what he said, Thursday night, Sunday night, and Monday night are booked. That leaves Friday and Saturday night, which are supposed to be the reserved days, right? Or did I misread?

http://valencia.hyatt.com
Is this the place?

Eliza
10-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Perhaps one would have to ask for the Ani-Magic block... what days are those rooms reserved for anyway? I come from farther away and typically need a four-night stay :\

are there, perhaps, any other events going on at the same time over there? that seems so weird.

JoeBoeing
10-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Revell,

I mentioned that I want the room for AM and gave them the dates and the cost is $99.00 a night. I called about 7PM last night.

Iori E - That's the place that I called.

I actually have a few rooms under my name and a friend's name... if you can't get a room let me know.

I did this so other cos-players can get a room because I thought it would fill up so fast.

If interested let me know and give me your contact info and I'll switch a room to your name.

From,
Joe

AM Chair
10-06-2003, 08:48 PM
From what he said, Thursday night, Sunday night, and Monday night are booked. That leaves Friday and Saturday night, which are supposed to be the reserved days, right? Or did I misread?

http://valencia.hyatt.com
Is this the place?
Yup that's the place, cool huh?
Well, when I called, they knew about the block, but it was based on people arriving on friday night and leaving sunday morning. We'll have this adjusted so that early types can arrive thursday night and the late types leave monday morning.
Revell

Iori E
10-06-2003, 08:52 PM
When I said "reserved," I meant those are the days that can only be booked by con goers. So maybe it's already booked on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday, because it's a popular hotel or something, but it's still available on Friday and Saturday, because of the Ani-Magic block. Make sense?

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe Thursday, Sunday, and Monday are apparently "booked" because it's a year from now and they probably can't have rooms booked so far in advance... but Friday and Saturday are free just because of the block and the event. At least that's my theory...

Wow... after looking at the slide show in the Valencia Hyatt web site, I must say that the hotel looks awesome. They even have a pool! A POOL!!!

AM Chair
10-06-2003, 09:08 PM
One that no one can be sacrificed to.....

Sagara-san
10-06-2003, 09:16 PM
WOW! Andy make sure you get the price for the rooms per night. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! :mfg:

It's 7:12pm on Sunday and I just saw a commercial for a van that had the opening score for BATTLE ROYALE as the background......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :angry:

My dad changed the channel before I saw what type of van was being featured in the commercial *THANKS DAD!* :miffed:

Eliza
10-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Amusing as the pool was, probably a different method of sacrificing people would be prudent ^.^; lol

So I guess maybe either tonight or tomorrow I should go ahead and book for next year? 0_x actually I'm wondering, do they charge you a deposit? Because if so, I think I should wait until I get paid again.

Psychotic Jei
10-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Are there going to be any other hotels in the area. Because, I know some of my group aren't sure they can make it next year. And I dont want to book too many rooms and such. :: will be booking rooms tommorow as well ::

mizura
10-06-2003, 10:00 PM
OMG o.0 No way! That's less than 10 minutes away from moi house, yippy ^.^; *Uber sparkleyness*

Mandy Mitchell
10-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Hooray! I'm thrilled to hear about the new location. Mabye next year we'll definitely break the 1000 mark!

BlueLady
10-07-2003, 03:32 AM
mwa ha ha this cursed town needs it!!! You know you have my support Revell !!! Bah I havent even recovered from this con and Im plotting next year..so sad XD

Usagi Mylene
10-07-2003, 03:37 AM
Wu-hoo!!! After you showed me the tape I was ready to give you my money right then and there for next year!!!!

I am so there!!!

=)

L to the 3rd
10-07-2003, 03:34 PM
wow the hotel looks wonderful..its perfect for
a con. it has a fridge to boot..that's vital
for us con goers..hehe.

i wonder if we can go we can use the
golf course for photoshoots?

AM Chair
10-07-2003, 05:05 PM
L to 3- Probably not unless you want to get beaned by a duffer! They are separate facilities.

ALL- The hotel rooms are available and they can be booked for thursday night and sunday night. Suites are available too at a discount rate, three diffrent levels of them.

Joe- You need to reserve only what you need. It isn't fair to tie up rooms in this fashion, and messes up our block. If you have more than one room, please release them to others who want those rooms.

JoeBoeing
10-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Okay, I released 2 rooms but I need 3 rooms for friends who want to go.

The other 2 would have been filled by other friends most likely. I was talking to people in my old anime club and they want to go.

From,
Joe

BlueLady
10-08-2003, 11:55 AM
L to the 3rd.. Not unless you want the snobby club peeps to call the cops on you. On the plus side I know some of those snobs, maybe I can talk to them about it and see if there is a down time that they will let us on ( we used to sneak on at night an ice block haha )

Iori E
10-08-2003, 12:36 PM
It's just too bad we're moving out of the AVI. No window decorating contest, no opening ceremonies by the pool, no 7-Eleven next door to get some Smirnoff Ice, etc.

AM Chair
10-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Man, we really had a culture going on there, didn't we?

FlameSniperRei
10-08-2003, 06:43 PM
AM just got too big for the AVI ^^

Sagara-san
10-08-2003, 09:25 PM
Man, we really had a culture going on there, didn't we?

Sure we did! It was our own Cosplay cauldesak*or however its spelled* but I'm sure since the next place is more bigger AND next to Magic Mountain it will be a great success just like this year.

Dreamer81382
10-08-2003, 09:26 PM
It's ok. We can form ALL NEW Traditions!!

Perhaps..say.. Renting out Magic Mountian for a night?

Or.. we could just all commandere the pool one day and have a giant anime pool party

Cherry
10-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Mwaha! Already got two rooms! One for two people, and one for four! :( Wait, does this mean no Window Decorating? SAD x 20!!!

Manami
10-09-2003, 02:01 AM
Yay! It's like, 10 min. away from my house! YAAAAY! (And the Hyatt's so nice too....)

Mikei
10-09-2003, 02:14 AM
10 mins away from my house too! :D w00t! the hour drive was really tiring last day.. valenica is cool because theres an arcade there and my home arcade is only 10 mins away from con

:bigtu: x 20!

Iori E
10-09-2003, 02:33 AM
It's 60 minutes away from my house. Yay...

But we've got Arcade Infinity here, so I win in the end. :P

Usagi Mylene
10-09-2003, 02:57 AM
Ahhhh people are already booking rooms?!

*runs off to book a room*

LiL QoH
10-09-2003, 03:01 AM
OOOOOOooooooooooo! This looks promising! OOOOO AI and boooba :d~~~~~~

Mikei
10-09-2003, 03:06 AM
It's 60 minutes away from my house. Yay...

But we've got Arcade Infinity here, so I win in the end. :P

only thing AI has going for them is their IIDX machine and the F-zero cabs.. :p

mochihead
10-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Heya Revell! I just tried to reserve a room from Thurs-Sunday, and they said that the Ani-Magic block is STILL only for Fri & Sat nites, and that they have NO rooms available for Thurs & Sun. HELP! Thought you had mentioned they were available! ACK!

AM Chair
10-09-2003, 09:17 AM
Heya Revell! I just tried to reserve a room from Thurs-Sunday, and they said that the Ani-Magic block is STILL only for Fri & Sat nites, and that they have NO rooms available for Thurs & Sun. HELP! Thought you had mentioned they were available! ACK!

That's odd, because I was told by sales that the block can be reserved for two days ahead and after the event. There may still be some un-informed resevervationists telling you that. I'll talk to them again. and find out what's going on.

AM Chair
10-09-2003, 09:20 AM
It's ok. We can form ALL NEW Traditions!!

Perhaps..say.. Renting out Magic Mountian for a night?

Or.. we could just all commandere the pool one day and have a giant anime pool party

With those guys, anything is possible. I can see it now: "COSPLAY DAY AT MAGIC MOUNTAIN" Hey Blue Lady, could you investigate that possiblity?

Cherry
10-09-2003, 11:45 AM
@_@

That is SO weird, mochihead, I just called, and reserved my rooms just fine!

BlueLady
10-09-2003, 11:53 AM
mochi my parents live less then a quarter mile away ..if worse comes to worse we can suck it up and crash here those two days!!

mochihead
10-09-2003, 12:39 PM
*dances monkey dance of joy* Finally got the nites we needed! Thanks to you all!

*makes mental note NOT to call at odd hours of the morning again for reservations*

piroko
10-09-2003, 12:44 PM
AI! Wah!
<< is a Drummania freak

Beware_UY7
10-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Rawr. I love Vellencia (not eneough to spell it properly). I've had too much fun at music competitions out there. (*going from one competition to another in 5 minutes and having to change uniforms in the back of my step-mom's van*)
Its a good area... but... *weep* no windows. And now that it's not in teh middle of nowhere (I consider Lancaster the middle of nowhere) the con's size is gonna' grow very quickly, I hope it still keeps the qualities that have always made it a good con, even if the size in increasing.