PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay: DDR's Alice. Help?

Kelvena
10-17-2002, 05:00 PM
Oha everyone. I'm kinda new so please don't bite me. ^_^ That said, I'm going to be cosplaying DDR 5th Mix Alice at an upcoming con and while that seems simple as heck, I cannot for the life of me figure out what it says on her shirt. I've seen two cosplayers, one had a small symbol on her shirt, and one had nothing, but after much playing DDR and staring at her... well... her shirt, my boyfriend and I have come to the conclusion that there's something written on there, and we can't figure out what it is. She just won't move close enough to the screen for us to read it! I have two pictures of her in her 5th Mix costume, and in both the front of her shirt is obscured. (Grr.) I'm scouring the internet looking for additional pics but so far I'm coming up empty handed. My boyfriend thinks the shirt says "Dance," and while that makes sense, for some reason my gut isn't buying it. Does anyone know what it might be?

Any help would be much appreciated. Feel free to email me at kelvena at aol dot com with any info. Thanks!!

Celine
10-17-2002, 08:56 PM
Hmm... I never thought there were actual letters/characters on Alice's shirt. For some reason, I thought she had circles or squares on her shirt. Three squares, I think? Here's a page of tons of DDR cosplayers, maybe you could see what they did... http://www.dr4b.org/ddrcosplay/

Kelvena
10-18-2002, 01:06 AM
Oh my gosh! There's like, four different variations. XD There's one with squares, one with, like, different shapes, one with Alice's name in katakana, one with A L I C E in boxes, and... oh my gosh! I think I'll just pick something and go with it. XD Thank you so much for the link, though!

tamahomegurl
10-18-2002, 05:17 AM
yeah..i think they're a bunch of squares or something...i can't really tell by the official pics in the game but lots of cosplayers usually just use squares.

i actually did an alice outfit for my friend to crossplay and he wanted words written on there. it worked out great!

i think there's no right or wrong way to cosplay - it's all about how you percieve the outfit!

Nine
10-18-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Hmm... I never thought there were actual letters/characters on Alice's shirt. For some reason, I thought she had circles or squares on her shirt. Three squares, I think? Here's a page of tons of DDR cosplayers, maybe you could see what they did... http://www.dr4b.org/ddrcosplay/

my god, MY picture is up on that site!! XD *is the guy in the A-Team Alice costume...* XDXDXD

Celine
10-19-2002, 01:13 AM
That's the most thorough DDR cosplay site (and probably one of the only) I've found, run by my friend Deanna. I really should make a DDR costume some day... but... ah, too many choices. ^^

Hope that helps you, Kelvena!

Kelvena
10-19-2002, 01:53 AM
Thanks for all the help, guys! I think I'll leave it blank. I kinda like it that way. Well, we'll see how it goes! I got my wig today. ::Wearing it now:: Woo my first cosplay! Go me!

Thanks again, everyone!

Mandy Mitchell
10-21-2002, 01:00 AM
I'm in the website too!

Yup! DDR cosplay rocks!

StXBomber
10-26-2002, 12:02 PM
I'm working on a Rage costume right now! When I get my costume done I'm gonna enter a DDR tourney and play as Rage!!!

SuthrnBelleChan
12-06-2002, 06:45 AM
I'm the one with the A L I C E in boxes. I think her shirt said circle square triange in boxes. To do this outline all three shapes, then make a box around them and color(with the paint ~_^) the space outside the side but inside the box. I have an Alice CG i found that's very useful if you would like it. Just PM me for it. The only reason I did her naem instead was becase my friend was Emi and the white shirt underneath her jacket said Emi *goes to hunt down the picture* try checking out my user gallery to see my alice.

and there's a New Look pattern (there's like 3 bucks) for the pants that i highly recommend!

Maryssa
12-06-2002, 09:38 AM
Hm... just wondering for any of you on that page, did this person get permission to use your photos? They certainly did not ask me nor let me know they were even doing a page like this. THe first time I somehow found it I asked them to remove my pictures, which was -several- months ago. They are still there.

In general, I think it is rude and not right for people to make pages like this, where they just collect any pictures they find on the web without contacting those in the photos. Images on the web are NOT PUBLIC DOMAIN.

< /rant>

Celine
12-06-2002, 10:54 AM
I don't know if she requested permission from other people, Maryssa, but, since I know her personally, I can ask her about taking down your pic. I don't know why she wouldn't have responded to your email in the first place... In general, I agree that it is best to try and find out who is in the picture and get permission whenever possible. However, it's impossible to monitor where all your pictures end up. ^^ Also, as I'm helping to make a themed website like this one, I'm taking every effort to contact the people in the pictures I collected. Sometimes, though, it's just not possible to find them, so I leave a disclaimer saying "If this is you, and you don't want your picture up here, please contact me." It seems like a fair compromise.

Maryssa
12-06-2002, 10:56 AM
thats a good idea. I know there isnt a way to keep track of all of your photos, but that is a big reason why i am trying to get rid of pictures of some of my older (and skimpier) costumes.

but i think if anyone was planning to make a page such as this one, it would be wise to collect permission before going ahead with it, as you are doing.

Celine
12-06-2002, 11:04 AM
Actually, she does have this disclaimer on the top of the page:

If you know any corrections to this page, such as who these people are, or if you are mad at me for putting your picture up here, or if you know of more good DDR Cosplay pictures, PLEASE let me know!

Disclaimer: I don't really know most of these people. I have not asked for permission to use many of these pictures. I have tried to link to the original source whenever possible. Some people have given me permission in email, and I'd like to thank those people and everyone who has sent me pictures. You guys rock. Thanks for all of your support.

I don't know if that message has been there since she put up the page or not. I'll drop her a personal message regardless... ^^ You want them all down- Charmy and Miki?

SuthrnBelleChan
12-10-2002, 06:57 AM
They did not ask me or let me know they were gonna use my pics, but i really dun care