I haven't had it. >=D

Woof. >=D

Famira Damaris
10-17-2002, 08:03 PM
Heh, I haven't either. I was as healthy as a horse the whole time. *gloats* XD

FlameSniperRei
10-17-2002, 08:18 PM
Holy mother!

My sister just came from the doctors' and they said that it could be Broncitus (sp?). I think some of you may have Broncitus instead of the Flu. Please go see a doctor ASAP, those of you who got sick after AM!

L to the 3rd
10-17-2002, 09:02 PM
Yes.. by the advisement of Aya Mizu,
I went to the campus clinic to get
an examination and the doctor
said that it looks like I have Broncitus
but he's not really sure. Anyway,
here are my symptoms..if you have the same, please go to the doc, NOW

-Constant cough (for longer than 8 days)
-coughing fits during the night
-A LOT of mucous, a bit watery.
- Severe cough (Deep)
- chest pains
- running nose
- aching throat

If you have most of these, please
go see a doc now to get antibiotics.
Or else Broncitus can lead to pnemonia!!!

Karisu-sama
10-17-2002, 09:23 PM
Hmmm... maybe low-grade bronchitis (that's the spelling) is what we've all been having since AM.... kids took a few days out of school, we've got soreness in the throat, swollen lymph nodes, sniffles, need to sleep much more than we can afford to... my husband was coughing...

JoeBoeing
10-17-2002, 09:33 PM
I don't have it... but then again I never geet sick. I haven't had a flu short since I was 11 and have yet to catch a cold.

*Passes out mint choco chip cookies and sets out a orange juice*

I hope that you guys get better soon.

FRom,
Joe Boeing

Ami Yuy
10-17-2002, 10:17 PM
Heh, well I was sick before I went (and while we were there) with the stomach flu...so I didn't get the AM flu. And no didn't give it to anyone...I hope. ^^;; We were only there for a few hours on Sun.

Now that's gone and I have a cold instead...

K_Valentine
10-18-2002, 12:12 AM
I caught the illness during AM but recovered during my drive home. I also got this really bad pain in my ankle.

Both things kinda put a small dent in my fun.

Iori E
10-18-2002, 01:01 AM
Wow... so many people caught the disease. It almost makes me regret not getting sick at AM. I feel left out... -_-

If bronchitis leads to pneumonia, then yeah, for those of you who are sick, take antibiotics. But I sorta personally distrust taking antibiotics... it's like, then there's almost no point in having an immune system. Not to mention you usually have to take all the medication prescribed, even after you're cured...

Aoshi Shinomori
10-18-2002, 02:29 AM
No i didnt get it . I hope that those who got it gets well soon. It must be something in the air or something.. or something coming from the pool?

tamahomegurl
10-18-2002, 02:35 AM
i didn't catch bronchitis @ am...i had gotten it from baka raves right before am......@___@

::Please note:: i don't rave...i'm forced to work at raves:: x__x

anyhow, my doc gave me some antibiotics (mine was a deep purple color) and it went away after being knocked out quite a few nights in a row.

so gomen...my flu was not directly from am but i just figured since i had it before am, it kinda *sorta* counted...??

yes..like rei-sama and L-sama said, go see a doctor if you've been coughing like mad. Going to the doctor ACTUALLY does help this time!! ^__^ *feels warm and fuzzy inside*

Karisu-sama
10-18-2002, 02:36 AM
Must be that Tidus-virus, I think he came from the pool :p

tamahomegurl
10-18-2002, 02:40 AM
hhehehehehhhehe *giggles*

So that's what it was.....!!!! Now we have identified the source..!!

Aoshi Shinomori
10-18-2002, 02:48 AM
But i never got sick.. and i got thrown in twice.. its not my fault.. they threw me in.. they were asking for it.. heh jk.. *runs and hide*..

FlameSniperRei
10-18-2002, 02:49 AM
LOL, only he was one of the people who didn't get sick! :thumbsup:

Kenshin Ken
10-18-2002, 02:52 AM
^^; weird.... I can count myself as oneo f the few that didn'tget sick ^^;;

I woulde've thougth that it was the food that got everyone. however..^^; hope everyone else gets bettah! * leaves out a box of tissues*

Miaka No Baka
10-18-2002, 03:10 AM
I sick now ;_; I started feeling yucky monday nightish while I was off working in hell. hell likes to freeze over esp at night time so thats why I think I got sick all that transitioning from hot to cold cold to hot X_X heh its not bad like usual. I was going home with fevers every night for a while there when the AC was cranked down to -50 below 0 X_X I guess there now is a metreon cold heh considering I was at the metreon for metreon festival on saturday. Maybe ouikichi's tail picked up something and that's how I caught it. X_X at least that black widow who was using ouikichi for a ride didn't get me *shakes fist angrily* I'd rather be sick then dead though. I dunno if I should see dr or not. I had sore throat then it's now better I'm just all congested and coughing up mucus. but then again is neon yellowish mucus ever good? i never know what are the "bad" colors of mucus.

Miaka no Baka

ZiggyB
10-18-2002, 03:58 AM
I got sick after AM as well. Basically a really bad stuffy nose and a tickle in my throat. Thankfully, it cleared up about 5 days after I got home, which was good.

Eek, don't tell me there was a thing going around at Metreon too! :P

Master Zero
10-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Naw, man. I didnt get sick at all. Sorry for all ya'll who did get sick though. I will pray to Yevon for all of you not to get sick again.

Rey-Rey...you hit on Sara's mom??? Damm boy. (Will not comment on the subject)

Oh yeah, how can I put a picture right before my signature?

Master Zero (WingZero Custom99 for all ya'll who didn't know)

Hungryjack
10-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
Must be that Tidus-virus, I think he came from the pool :p

Hmm, the T-Virus. I've heard some nasty stuff about that thing, especially if the Umbrella Corporation is involved.

diqitaldreams
10-18-2002, 11:40 AM
I think you should all get checked anyway. My friend was a carrier for the virus and didn't know about it. She had the virus in her and she didn't have symptoms. @_@ It spreads easily too.... ::nodnodnod::

Master Zero
10-18-2002, 11:55 AM
T-Virus!!! I prefer "G-Virus"

Cassandra
10-18-2002, 12:02 PM
Just a question, for those of you that went to the doctors, did you tell him/her that multiple people seem to have gotten it?

Mainly because Legionnaire's disease has some forms that are similiar to bronchitis. I know there were some instances of it around Philadelphia over the summer and it can be fatal if not treated correctly. (And doctors don't usually check for Legionnaire's routinely.) Just wanted to make sure you guys are covered :)

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/legionellosis_g.htm

Nova
10-18-2002, 04:26 PM
I as well got a bit ill @@. Scratchy throat, nasal congesting coughing fits. it was that weird weather of lancaster i says >.> My friend got it as well since she gets sick REALLY easily. And we're both still kinda fighting off the congestion from our noses now oO.:bouncer:

FlameSniperRei
10-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Holy Shiznit, I hope to God that I do not have Legionaire's disease. X_X craaaaap....

I am on antibiotics. The Doc's said they aren't sure if we have bronicitus but it was beginning to develop... :(

Iori E
10-18-2002, 07:33 PM
LOL, I could see this as something out of Outbreak. (Get out the E-1101!)
There weren't any monkeys in Ani-Magic, though (except for Nessa... j/k :p ). The only animal at the con was Manda's ferret, and I'm pretty sure the vet checked it and stuff.

Nova
10-18-2002, 08:02 PM
I hope you don't have bronicitus Rei, that would be bad o_o Hope everyone feels better. weeehehehe lookit gooooo -stares at the bouncy thing- :bouncer:

Chas
10-18-2002, 09:27 PM
A Tidus-Virus?! Well, that explains a lot. >< I got sick after AM (Although I was beginning to feel it on Sunday) too! Ugh, I had a respitory infection, and was told it was close to being bronchitis too. Blech! I'll still trying to recover, and I'm on a high dosage of Amoxicillin. T_T

~Chas Tsukishiro

Aya Mizu
10-18-2002, 11:18 PM
Hmm I was rooming with a Rikku at AM. I guess I got sick by association then? :crylaugh: I basically got bronchitis after the con and I think a lot of people did too.

L to the 3rd
10-19-2002, 04:07 AM
Crap..I'm like paranoid now..
but I did tell my doc that I got it from an convention and that a lot of ppl were infected. he said that we could have been exposed to something..

Did everyone eat something and get sick? hmm.. or it was from conaminated
water?

Squall-chan
10-19-2002, 04:14 AM
hmmm....i cant believe so many ppl got sick...i think i got lucky...i haven't got it...i hope that everyone who is sick gets better...

Aoshi Shinomori
10-19-2002, 04:15 AM
I didnt eat any food except for the restaurant.. we mostly went to eat at Carls Jr. I hope u all get well soon.. and i hope its nothing serious.. maybe it could be the free breakfast? cuz i never ate that.

Miaka No Baka
10-19-2002, 04:17 AM
ahh the joys of upper-respiratory infections. I get them like nothing X_X the joys of being born in a smoking household and being subjected to 2nd hand smoke for the 1st 16 years of your life... I stopped going to the Dr for those anymore cause like all they tell me is rest, drink fluids, use my inhailer when needed. Although I'm not sure if it's gotten to upper-respiratory infection yet.. I'll know once it feels like someone's sitting on my chest =( I just hope I dont have that legionere disease thingie cause it says incubation time is 2-10 days. I started getting sick 8 days after ani-magic X_X while probably unlikely since I didn't go in the pool or spa just to be safe... I'll probably go to the dr soon if it doesn't clear up but it looks like it's going away now ^_^

yes I had the joy of rooming with the cause of the tidus-virus lol and no he's NOT sick X_X yet anyways heehhe *goes to his room and coughs on him* muahahah revenge is sweet ne?

Miaka no Baka

Cassandra
10-19-2002, 08:15 AM
Was there anyplace air conditioned at AM? Legionnaire's is commonly from water sitting in an air conditioner then it gets "shot" out the air ducts. That's how a lot of people get infected. (Since it doesn't seem pool related.)

Raider3
10-19-2002, 08:30 AM
Ironically, I had bouts of bronchitis on and off before Ani-Magic, and I was feeling great throughout convention and afterward (Except for some weird feeling in to the left of my lower jaw... ew...) :confused:

(Update: I stand corrected.. one bout for about 5 minutes after showering on 2nd or 3rd day - I think mine is temperature/humidity related - any major change triggers it... Had fun for Anime Central 2000 that way - spend half a day going out and coming back coughing and aacking until my lungs re-acclimated to local air) Valley air sucks, and I think I've lost my resistance after about 30-odd years...

Oh, well... Didn't even notice Aoshi went into the pool until I heard the splash (Too busy putting together Bit-CharG)

Miaka No Baka
10-19-2002, 01:13 PM
well I stand corrected now just when I thought i was getting better I get worse. My throat hurts now again and it's hard for me to talk =( I should go to the dr but I'm flat broke ;_; and I dont have my insurance card cause it got lost/stolen along with my wallet.

Miaka no Baka

L to the 3rd
10-22-2002, 03:29 AM
Get well soon everyone, take care of yourselves so you dont get worse!

Q-Chan
11-08-2002, 08:19 PM
::raises her hand:: I got hella sick saturday night, and had a really high fever the next morning, but being an otaku, I did my civic duty and attended the closing ceremonies... not breathing on any body of course.

Gipsie
11-08-2002, 09:03 PM
OMG!!! I think that's what I had, then.

On Sunday nite, I was so miserable feeling. I thought it was just becuz I danced for hours on Saturday nite, and I figured that it was like when you run, way more than yer supposed to, and it makes you sick, but I was fine all thru Sunday, til nite time.

Anyways....it was probably from all the peoples that were in the Jaccuzzi saturday nite, in the cold.....O.o

Ugh! And, I, now, have the actual Flu....been barfin' me guts up, all day....-.-;