PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Checklist

ACXchan
10-07-2003, 03:20 AM
Just curious about what costumes are going to make an appearance at Yaoi Con this year ^ ^ I've also lost my main companion for Friday and Sunday so I'm going to be a lone wandering cosplayer, boo. Although the con itself is smaller than most we *could* still try to get some gatherings going XD!

Here's my cosplay list:

Friday - Schuldig from Weiss Kreuz
Saturday - Ma-kun from Gravitation
Sunday - still debating between Terazuma from Yami no Matsuei and Dee from FAKE ^ ^;; There was a great YamiMatsu group last year but I don't know if they're going to make another appearance, I would have liked to join them as Terazuma, le sigh.

So how about the rest of you ^ ^?

aonceu
10-09-2003, 06:29 PM
My friends decided not to go so im on my own. Im going as Nikki and Zell. What about you guys?

Michi
10-09-2003, 07:54 PM
Aw Nikki... such memories of YaoiCon '01..

I'll be Yabuki Shingo (blue school uniform with blue gloves and a white headband) from The King of Fighters hopefully, just as hopefully with a Kusanagi Kyo (white jacket with black shirt with cross design) and a generic Kusanagi/Kyo clone in a similar school uniform. :p I dunno though. Dunno what days either, I guess Saturday. Nyanyan.

SohjiroX
10-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Tsuzuki Special for one hour, Tatsumie, and Kusanagi hopefully.

maybe Injured Van if i'm asked, but thats all.

SohjiroX
10-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Just curious about what costumes are going to make an appearance at Yaoi Con this year ^ ^ I've also lost my main companion for Friday and Sunday so I'm going to be a lone wandering cosplayer, boo. Although the con itself is smaller than most we *could* still try to get some gatherings going XD!

Here's my cosplay list:

Sunday - still debating between Terazuma from Yami no Matsuei and Dee from FAKE ^ ^;; There was a great YamiMatsu group last year but I don't know if they're going to make another appearance, I would have liked to join them as Terazuma, le sigh.

Terazuma!!!! the group i'm cosplaying with for YnM is on a maybe with having one so if you join than we have one for sure.

ACXchan
10-09-2003, 09:41 PM
LOL if I see any of you I'll wave XD! I gotta look up some of these chars too as I do not recognize them by name @D@

Ooooooh Sohjiro sounds tempting XD! When does your group plan to attend? That way I know when to meet up ^ ^ And if I have time I could just take the ears and make up off to switch from Terazuma to Dee lol XD

Michi
10-09-2003, 09:54 PM
LOL if I see any of you I'll wave XD! I gotta look up some of these chars too as I do not recognize them by name @D@

I'm gonna be a really silly, girly version of the attached image standing at about 5'5". :p

ACXchan
10-10-2003, 04:29 AM
LOL looks spunky XD! I'm sure you'll take good pictures too akakakaka.

The only costume I'm debuting so to speak is the Terazuma-Dee one. Schu and Ma-kun from YCon'02 are in my gallery, Ma-kun would be the skank on the guitar @D@

Eurobeat King
10-10-2003, 10:46 PM
My costume list is still undecided yet, but here's what I have in mind as to what and when I'm wearing which costume:

Friday night: Tsuzuki (Yami no Matsuei)

Saturday: Shinji Ikari (NGEvangelion)
Trowa Barton (Gundam Wing: regular version)
Trowa Barton (special version (there's a pic of the 5 boys wearing ALL-WHITE suits somewhere, but I forgot where..))
Trowa Barton (GW: Endless Waltz Marymaya uniform)

I'm contemplating to bring Ryosuke WITH the FC3S for Initial D YAOI, else I might bring Saitou again.. :thumbsup: Still deciding, and I have a week to go..

Sipesh
10-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Well, I really want to go, but I'm having surgery on Monday, so I don't know if I'll be up to it, but if you see a Vincent Valentine doubled over in pain or laying on the floor, that will most likely be me! I'll be alone too, no one I know will go! Party poopers...

ElleHazard
10-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Friday: Nothing. I WILL be wearing a shirt that says "I have a lemon addiction" to support one of the authors I know who is on the lemon panel (and slash panel, and 3-4 others). I LOVE that shirt.

Saturday: Wufei from Gundam Wing (I have one of my costume try-on pictures in my gallery. I have since dyed my hair black.)

Saturday night: (at the J-rock thing... MAYBE) Fantour Mana

Sunday: Fantour Mana (for sure)

Oooo, so special.

ACXchan
10-12-2003, 03:07 AM
L.O.L. the return of the car! If I see that I'll *have* to take pictures XD

ElleHazard, where'd you get the lemon addiction shirt? I bought one of the "SEME: it's lonely at the top" shirts from YCon last year @D@

Sipesh, you can always claim that Vincent's taking a nap XD?

Michi
10-12-2003, 06:20 AM
Okay. >_>; My Kyo isn't arriving til Saturday late afternoon sometime, so I have NO idea when/if I'll be cosplaying now.. Ah well. X3;

..it's lonely at the top..? *falls over* No it isn't.. That's where you get to be controlling and in charge! XO (like I'd know)

Sipesh
10-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Eh, being in pain will just help add to Vincent's angst, right? If anyone is on the Central Coast and wants a ride up for Saturday, drop me a line.

ElleHazard
10-13-2003, 03:26 AM
ElleHazard, where'd you get the lemon addiction shirt? I bought one of the "SEME: it's lonely at the top" shirts from YCon last year @D@
^^ When I say I wear it to support the author, I really mean it. I bought it from her CafePress store which has a variety of different designs that refer to her fics. *twidles thumbs* The lemon addiction design/logo was actually made and submitted by me.

http://www.cafeshops.com/jadestuff

... If you're interested in something from her store, but never heard of her, her site is http://www.jade1x2.com
Not EVERY one of her fics is there *cough*realpersonslash*cough* but you'd get the idea upon looking.

Heh. I have a seme shirt too. I was too young last Y-con so I bought it online around Y-con time to feel better. An Uke shirt too. And an Ultra Lemony Yaoi - Now with Extra Bishounen shirt.
Obsessed? Me?

zell_dincht
10-13-2003, 01:26 PM
I see someone dressing up as Yabuki Shingo.

I will be Benimaru the final day of the con! We must find ourselves a Kyo! ^_^

ElleHazard
10-14-2003, 01:56 AM
Craaap!

I found out the Gundam Wing discussion is Friday!
*bumps everything on her schedule down a day*

If anyone is there Thursday, I'll be a girl with short black hair wearing an "I have a lemon addiction" shirt.
X.o

ACXchan
10-14-2003, 01:58 AM
Aww Michi well be on the look out for you anyway XD I love my seme shirt, I wear it out in public, to class, to the mall! It looks all 80s smutty cause it's AC Slater sleeveless.

LOL the lemon addiction shirts look cute, the compromising positions one looks amusing too @D@ Thanks for the links!

I've got that shirt too, the ultra lemony yaoi squirt bottle shirt XDXDXD! I bought three shirts from the con last year LOL x_x;

Psychotic Jei
10-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Sadness. Y-con was killed for me. Parking ticket $130 dollars. Plus I have to take my mom to the doctor on the Friday. =o Next year...spammit. Neeeext year

Michi
10-14-2003, 01:17 PM
zell_dincht ~ Yeah, I had a Shingo/Kyo pair planned.. ^^; Neither of us can get our costumes done now, though. Well. He has the shirt done, and I COULD finish it... ehh.. I dunno. *^^*;;

So um yeah. I'm probably not cosplaying, I guess. Unless I think of something in four days. If you look closely at my gallery (specifically costumes where I have my normal hair..) you'll be able to recognize me. PLEASE don't be afraid to say hi. I'm far too shy to go up to anyone 90% of the time even when I recognize them from this board. ;_;

*is determined to see ElleHazard after missing her at AX* ;_; <3 <3 Ivy~~

avagoyle
10-14-2003, 09:00 PM
I'll be there, but I am working so no cosplay. ;.;

SohjiroX
10-16-2003, 02:56 PM
well all i have now since no Kusanagi will be Tatsumi and special Tsuzuki from yami no matsuei, maybe Van if i find some esca. people possibly.

KimikoChan
10-16-2003, 10:55 PM
Hey, I'll be there, but I am also working. I'm working on a Ken Hidaka from Weiss Kreuz cosplay, but it's doubtful it will be done by Saturday as it's a lot of painting that I have to do O_o, It's also my first crossplay, so I hope I can get it completed.

If not, I'll just be in normal clothes :) Most people don't recognize me out of costume, but please try :)

ACXchan
10-17-2003, 01:54 AM
Well tomorrow's the big day. I hope I can catch some of you there XD!! Too bad the dealer's room doesn't open till Saturday. I want to raid it @_@!

Michi
10-17-2003, 08:20 AM
o.o;; It doesn't open til Saturday? Wow, I missed that. ^^; That's.. different.

Eveil
10-21-2003, 01:29 AM
I'm contemplating to bring Ryosuke WITH the FC3S for Initial D YAOI, else I might bring Saitou again.. :thumbsup: Still deciding, and I have a week to go..

And Kyouichi was alone in his seme-ness~ :blubber:
but it was still tons of fun hangin' out with ya! :D <3

drbombai
10-21-2003, 02:21 AM
Friday I started with my Aoki...with my regular glasses, not my big frames.
Then Roger Smith...only I forgot my eyebrow pencil...plus, I had my goatee, so both costumes were a flop.
Saturday it was Snape from Harry Potter, only still had the goatee...and glasses...and wrong wig.
Then Saturday night I was Princess Zelda's stunt double. The only costume besides my Starwars Imperial Officer on Sunday that actually worked, and was recognized.
I picked up an Uke shirt, and a kinky Gundam boys t-shirt...still, the con was fun...all things concidered.

Nekogami
06-07-2004, 12:45 PM
I see that some people like KOF ( as me ^_^ that is good)
I would like to make a cospa of Iori Yagami , who wants to be my Kyo Kusanagi ???>:)

XD

-no-
06-07-2004, 09:44 PM
This I may very well go to. Maybe dressed as Kiriyama from BR. That'd be fun.

ame-chan
06-09-2004, 01:46 PM
This'll be my first Yaoi-con this year and while I plan on keeping myself busy with an artist alley table for all of E&J's plushies, I will be bringing something to wear. I'll probably drag my Youji and my wonderful Crashers Yuushi with me.

hanazuke
06-10-2004, 12:51 AM
I'll be there, most likely with Eiji from Prince of Tennis, and Edward from Full Metal Alchemist (But sadly I'm like 90% sure my Roy can't come *cries*)

BlackDelo
06-13-2004, 06:18 PM
I plan on debuting my Iori Yagami costume. A good friend of mine is making it for me. The thing is she wants to make the pants vinyl. Red...vinyl....pants. She says she wants shiny. Sure, its not the skin tight type of vinyl, but still it's red vinyl on my ass. My ass isn't an as that should have red vinyl on it. o well.

As for a Kyo Kusanagi, a friend of mine is gonna try to cosplay him. Looks like it should be done way before October.

SohjiroX
06-14-2004, 11:12 PM
I'll be there, most likely with Eiji from Prince of Tennis, and Edward from Full Metal Alchemist (But sadly I'm like 90% sure my Roy can't come *cries*)

How much does a Edward outfit cost to make or get made?

Oh and its for now Unknown, but i'm going and cosplaying just dont know what yet.

Schuldig
06-26-2004, 11:25 PM
yaoi con yaoi con.... I can't wait for it!

Costume list (so far, so tentitive)

Remus Lupin from Harry Potter (young, Mauraders era) to compliment my wife's Sirius Black

Schuldig (OVA--remade, worshipping the hotness lol for my *possible* Weiss panel) also mirroring my wife's Youji

Malik... rare hunter.....love the cloak.... *pats Millenium rod* love my rod... heh heh.

Probably get stuck bringing Crashers Queen since she'll have her Yuushi there. I dont know what else...

hanazuke
07-03-2004, 09:16 AM
How much does a Edward outfit cost to make or get made?

Oh and its for now Unknown, but i'm going and cosplaying just dont know what yet.

If you're not wanting the automail, I'd personally charge about $80 for the black jacket, red cloak and the belt. (since that's all I've done so far, and I bought the pants.) but that's just me. you'd have to ask around for other opinions.

ACXchan
07-12-2004, 10:50 PM
LOL Schuldig, I did OVA Schu cosplay back in 2002 and nobody recognized me. Then I switched to green peacoat Schu the next day and everyone knew who I was @D@

So far Ryo (Randy Maclean XD) is on my list since we're going to have a FAKE group organized by then. Not sure who else yet.

Schuldig
07-14-2004, 02:04 AM
LOL Schuldig, I did OVA Schu cosplay back in 2002 and nobody recognized me. Then I switched to green peacoat Schu the next day and everyone knew who I was @D@

Heh, I've always been recognized.. OVA when I wore it two years ago got me a pair of pics and a couple of "whoa, it's Schu.."

The one I was really shocked I got recognized in was my manga outfit (the cargos and the vest) Someone knew who I was! LOL

Psychotic Jei
07-17-2004, 12:42 AM
A friend is somehow forcing me to be Dee. It wasnt much to do it. Lesse...and I think I'm bringing Kaiba and Ryuichi... I dunno what else though.

Widow
07-17-2004, 07:49 PM
I promised and swore up and down that I'd cosplay Luva from Angelique this year. Maybe I'll bring my male priest from Ragnarok Online costume...and everything else that I'm working on won't be done in time.

Eurobeat King
07-21-2004, 10:24 PM
UPDATE: I'm going to bring a few costumes to Yaoicon this year, as the con doesn't get as hectic as other cons, so I can relax a little, and have fun cosplaying a bunch o' bishie-costumes for the 3 days. Here's what I have planned:

-Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
-Trowa Barton : Turtleneck-version (Gundam Wing)
-Trowa Barton : Mariemaya-uniform (Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz)
-Wu Fei : Mariemaya-uniform (Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz)
-Ryosuke Takahashi w/ RX-7 FC3S (Initial D)

Any changes, I'll let you know. Hibiki is tentative right now, and most likely I won't wear Saitou this year..

Fatwetdog
07-27-2004, 11:09 PM
I'll be taking Sanzo, and hopefully I'll have my "friend" back in his Hakkai, though he might not be willing. He's a big grump about cosplaying.

Saiyuki Goku might make a reappearance, possibly the "Great Sage Equal to Heaven" version, if I get inspired by a crazy flurry of activity.

Now that I found a zipper supplier, Rosiel will probably be there, but if my "friend" finishes the automail he started for my birthday then I'll be Edward from FMA instead.

T-Chan
07-28-2004, 01:27 AM
meow~
i'm still only 75% certain of going to Yaoi con, but i havent' decided dates on costumes yet. however, i have A Yuki (gravitation), Yohji (Weiss), an in-progress Hijikata (peacemaker kurogane), and in progress Dealer Fuu (Samurai Champloo). anyone know of groups going on?

jetspectacular
07-28-2004, 02:15 AM
Tchan! do Hijikata! i'll be there as Suzu XD (well at least i'm praying i will, even for one day and if I do it'll be Suzu <3) I'll serve you tea and everything! Like, hopefully without spilling and stuff.. we can find a nice backdrop in Nihonmachi for the perfect picture!!!

this finalizes it!! My list is narrowed down to the "samurai/junkie" list
Kitamura Suzu (from the PMK anime/pre-whore version, ohohoho)
Ranmaru Mori (Samurai Warriors, regular outfit)
Rion Steiner (Gale:Ash, complete with mass assortment of pills. yum)

(psst..If you're not sure about going to ycon because of rooming i'll split one with ya and other cosplay.com peeps, i'm hell bent on going but I dont know anyone from my college/friends who will help me..!)

Hey Shu, where are your pics as Ze German? do you have a manga one, i'd love to see! by OAV did ya mean the short 2ep "lets fight the US army" one? or the new Gluhen series?? x.X??

ACXchan
07-28-2004, 02:19 AM
Hey Jei do you need a Ryo XD? I was hoping we could get JJ and Drake but maybe that's too ambitious. I'm hardly close to finalizing my list... I haven't even registered for YCon yet @D@

jetspectacular
07-28-2004, 04:39 AM
ooh, i'd do JJ he's my fav of the series and I have a wig anyway (isn't his hair purple in the anime x.X?) i'd need a sign that says "JJ NEEDS SOME HAWT LOVIN" though..

offtopic but seriously, that twit needs to get laid >__>

ACXchan
07-28-2004, 12:43 PM
JJ's hair color in both manga and anime is this pale lavender-gray shade, I like his hair color >.< And haha yes he needs to get laid.... by Drake XD! If our FAKE group is a go would you like to join as a JJ?

jetspectacular
07-28-2004, 01:22 PM
right.. I remember in the anime since he wore that funky tan suit with shorts (!!).. he reminded me an aweful lot like Trunks in DBGT... such a pretty hair color XD I'd love to sign up as JJ (and save Ranmori for AX05 since my friends want to do a group then) It'd be great to take some pics around the city dontcha think? or some nice downtown cafe. i'mma go search the volumes i have for JJ's outfits.. were you guys going to do a group from the manga? the OAV? i think it's rare to find a color pic of JJ?? x.X?

ohoho, does it help that i'm a bit short also? (5'6" it says on my liscence..)

ACXchan
07-29-2004, 09:15 PM
LOL yes your height totally works for JJ XD Our costumes will be based on various color sources, it helps that I have the Sanami Matoh artbook so if you want a particular colored pic of JJ let me know. My Ryo will be the one on the cover of manga vol. 5 @D@

Maiyu.C
08-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Tchan! do Hijikata! i'll be there as Suzu XD (well at least i'm praying i will, even for one day and if I do it'll be Suzu <3) I'll serve you tea and everything! Like, hopefully without spilling and stuff.. we can find a nice backdrop in Nihonmachi for the perfect picture!!!

I'll be cosplaying as Okita (Men's Kimono version)! I am happy that there are going to be PMK cosplayers at Yaoi-con.

jetspectacular
08-10-2004, 04:39 PM
yay!!! PMK WUV!!! Maiyu, do you also wanna take pictures with us?? I want to find perfect areas for it.. like a koi pond somewhere...!

I bought a nice katana yesterday >:3 I love it so muuuuch (I have to buy a tea cup and tray now though, hahahaha.)

I also learned that 3 days doesn't mean only 3 costumes...!! So i'm going to take up Suzu, JJ, Rion, my Deathnote Stuff >:3 and Guys from Enzai...! (gah... 3 wigs...)

Widow: If i come across you in your RO Priest outfit, I'mma ask for a pic okay?

ACXchan
08-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Enzai XD;;;? I'd cosplay the blond militaristic looking dude if I had the time to throw him together LOL. I already have a bunch of costumes on my plate though @D@ Jet, what happened to Claus XD?

jetspectacular
08-10-2004, 11:27 PM
I rewatched certain eps and saw I'd have to do it from scratch anyway... The dress blacks that I have are the pierfect size and all, but the cut of the collar is different, plus i'm sure the real color is charcoal and not jet-black... Also the pants have a stripe down the side.. not too hard but..

i have to buy enough wigs as it is....!

ACXchan
08-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Boo! Oh well, I still love you anyway XD Although charcoal vs. jet black's not that big a deal LOL.

jetspectacular
08-11-2004, 05:47 AM
if you find a cute blond model, I'll make it and expect no payment... just .. lots and lots of photos >:3

ACXchan
08-11-2004, 03:35 PM
A blond model....? Or do you mean a blond wig XD? If you need help making the little cord clasp thing let me know! I'm a photowhore so you know... ::coughcough::

jetspectacular
08-11-2004, 06:34 PM
are... are we spamming up the thread?!?! goodness grecious, but ah well.

..this is the sailor top I was talking about.. The collar is a bit different than Silvana's and it is BLACK as my hair...but it's an acutal cadet Dress Blues (*cough* blacks, whatever) and so I have black pants of that match it and it wouldn't be hard adding a stripe down the side or modifying this top (i just dont want to make it short sleeves)

the thing is it's got one extra strips across the collar..! (omg i'm nitpicky) and two stars in the back, you can see in the corner ghetto photo i took. Also it's meant to be a winter uniform so it's heavy and very hot to wear. It's not really a "work uniform" like i'm sure Murata meant the Silvana one be, but it's a *working uniform* hahaha (literally a complete replica of the adult dress blues, just a much.. much smaller size...!)

and if you wanna make the necktie thing... go for it?? The neckline is LOW compared to the Silvana one..! ;_; that's the only *real* mis match.

(why am I wearing a pirate hat and eyepatch?? why.. because they were right there on my dresser... x.X)

Maiyu.C
08-11-2004, 10:38 PM
yay!!! PMK WUV!!! Maiyu, do you also wanna take pictures with us?? I want to find perfect areas for it.. like a koi pond somewhere...!

I also learned that 3 days doesn't mean only 3 costumes...!! So i'm going to take up Suzu, JJ, Rion, my Deathnote Stuff >:3 and Guys from Enzai...! (gah... 3 wigs...)

Oh yes! I'd like to take photos with you all!

Anyway you're cosplaying Deathnote? <3 I really like that manga, Raito's so smart and evil............ @_@

I'll also be cosplaying Yuzuriha from X and Haku from Naruto. Maybe a Gothic Lolita outfit too.

jetspectacular
08-12-2004, 01:18 AM
yes. yes you DO love raito, hottest evil schoolboy on the planet..

Maiyu.C
08-12-2004, 06:07 AM
yes. yes you DO love raito, hottest evil schoolboy on the planet..

Raito fangirls unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KYAAA!!!!!

Anyway who are you cosplaying from Deathnote? <3

ACXchan
08-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Hmm... I think your top would work actually, besides the two stars and the sleeves LOL. Really if you want to cosplay Claus that's your choice because I'm too big to be CLaus myself ^ ^;; I can help you with a wig and the necktie but that's based on the decision that you *do* want to do Claus. I won't hold it against you if you don't since you're still our JJ ne XD?

liddo-chan
08-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Hmm, I've arranged for my first commission, Cardcaptor Sakura, and had planned on wearing it for Halloween. I'm not sure Sakura's the best cosplay for Yaoi Con, but if I can find a Toya and Yukito pairing to hang with... or if anyone wants to be my Tomoyo...

Marychan
08-31-2004, 11:35 PM
Ellehazard: Oh I worship Jade, she's definitly one of my favorite yaoi authors. I must purchase a lemon addiction t-shirt.

ACXchan: Cries, tears of happiness, FAKE cosplayer. YAY. You must take plently of pictures at yaoi-con, pm or post it in my tread when you upload them. Yay for FAKE.

Now can someone also get me a really cool GW yaoi cosplayer shot. Hopefully a nice HeeroxDuo. HEHE.

Well have fun peps, I'll be able to attend in two years. Curst my late birthday. Sobs. :blubber:

jetspectacular
09-01-2004, 02:44 AM
Anyway who are you cosplaying from Deathnote? <3

ohoho, I'll bring Raito for sure, just so i can be pimping. If you're bringing a gothic lolita one, is there a way you can do a Misa?? she's got plenty of that going on. Also, T-chan, I realized what a dork i was getting Hijikata and Toshida mixed up (though they are similar hawtness) I'm going to be post-ikeda incident Suzu, so i'mma whore it up with whoever's doing PMK stuff. It's be grand if there's a Tetsu or Toshida for me, not sure who else Suzu is pimped too.. ^.^''

Vampire_Deer
09-08-2004, 03:16 AM

Here's my cosplay list:

Kool! Your going to be Tera-chan? That would be great! I was/am Watari from the Yami group that was there last year. I believe most of us (if not all) will be there again this year. Im not sure which day we're doing it for, most likely Saturday for the contest.

The other days I think we're doing random costumes. Some from Apocripha/0 and a few others. ^.^

Viko seems to lurk around everywhere. o.O;

Eurobeat King
09-21-2004, 08:09 PM
I've finalized my list & schedule of costumes for Yaoi-con 2004:

Friday, October 29th:

1. Shinji Ikari w/Pen-Pen (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
2. Wu Fei (Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz ~ Mariemaya uniform)

Saturday, October 30th:

3. Prince of Tennis character (forgot the name) for the POT gathering
4. Trowa Barton (Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz ~ Mariemaya uniform)
5. Ryosuke Takahashi w/ RX-7 FC3S (Initial D)

Sunday, October 31st (Halloween) :

5a. Shinji Ikari - Jason :devil:

Nadeshiko
09-22-2004, 01:35 AM
If Tom and I are still thinking about stopping by Yaoi Con on Sunday (Halloween for us is already some ballroom masquerade event in Oakland the day before), I might be EGL-ing it. I don't really crossplay (much), but I'm pretty sure that no one won't mind a bishoujo around...(less I should crossplay as Seishirou and have Tom go as Subaru...*ponder*)

jetspectacular
09-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Nadeshiko, Tokyo Babylon is a higher form of love. do it. :3

Schuldig
10-01-2004, 10:37 AM
I have an updated cosplay list (sorta)

Lucius Malfoy (to go with my GF's Snape)

Hogwarts Remus Lupin (to go with my GF's Sirius)

Remus's social Dressrobes (to go with my GF's dressrobes for Sirius)

'Professor' Lupin (to go with my GF's post-Azkaban Sirius)

Tokyo Babylon Subaru (his shikifuku)

OVA Schuldig (to go with our OVA group. I remade the costume with a nice trenchcoat pattern this time ^^)

Rare hunter Malik (for my friends' Kaiba and Mokuba)

This is no particular order or day....I signed up for a Weiss panel (Happy Hour with Schuldig) so if I do it, I'll wear Schu on that day. I might not bring my professor lupin, I haven't decided yet.

Daitenshi
10-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Let's see, I'm bringing:

Sesshoumaru - Inuyasha
Eagle Vision - MKR
Ayame (highschool version) - Fruits Basket

I might bring more, but I'm not sure of what right now. ^_^

ACXchan
10-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Vampire Deer: omg I haven't checked this thread in a while ^ ^; Yeah I was Terazuma at AX, but I was going to bring Watari to YCon this year. I saw your group from last year though, with Byakko and Hakushaku? I LOVED that group.

My list for this year goes in no particular order:

Schuldig from WK
Watari from YnM
Ryo from FAKE~<3
Axl from Guilty Gear

Some possible randoms:

Damien from South Park
Evan from Enzai XD

videogamefanboy
10-07-2004, 06:36 PM
I plan to go as Chipp Zanuff, Joe Higashi, and Kensou. Have not decided what day will be who though.

jetspectacular
10-07-2004, 07:40 PM
vgfanboy- ok that's it, this is insanely hilarious... With you as Kensou, SoujiX as Chris and moi as Bao... really now.. x.x is this *not* an appropriate time to say "zomgsaigado" ??!?! (Jet's head is now spinning x.x)

and now, Jet's ever changing ycon costume list... I finalized it during class today.

For sure:
Raito (Death Note. brand new wig = <3 Completed.)
Guys (Enzai, just for reaction's sake. Completed.)
JJ (Fake, w/ACX's group. completed.)
Bao (KoF99, because i must. I really, _really_ must x.x, completed)
Hisoka (YnM as ACX puts it, "flaming gay version" also for her group, completed)
Ikki, (Air Gear, 90%)
Nagi (Weiss Kreuz, black uniform, also for ACX's group, 90%)
Shiba (Mr.Fullswing, with the other sports manga cos'ers, 90%)
Rock Howard-- KoF01/child version (because i'm aching to do it, 80%)
Emril (Count Cain/God Child, 70%)

Possibilities
Touya Akira (Hikaru no Go, UBERSLUT version. because i just finished my okappa wig x.x, completed)
Tatsuya (Gilgamesh, damnit why do I only like obscure titles >.< 50%)

I've dropped my Kitamura Suzu-whore cosplay all together because I haven't made one stitch yet in it's development, my Katana wont fit in my suitcase (though it can fit in a guitar case.. ho hum) and I realize there wouldn't even be a Tetsu from PMK ;_; maybe have to wait till it gets more known. Fact being that Airgear, PMK, Gilgamesh are so unknown.... uwa, maybe sometime later on.... they're just really easy for me to put together, now that I have the wigs from other costumes I can reuse..

zell_dincht
10-08-2004, 01:02 AM
My Costumes for Sure:
Zell Dincht (FFVIII - both Fighter and Pop Star)
Seifer Almasy (FFVIII)
Wakato Hiroshi (PoT, Jousei Shounan)

Maybes:
Irvine Kinneas (FFVIII)
Benimaru (KoF)
Wakka (KH)

jetspectacular
10-08-2004, 01:07 AM
yay, Zell, i'm a fan of your FF8 cosutumes..(esp. your Seifer pimp coat....) but BENIMARU IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!! do it do it do it do it XD (jet scrambles to pull more people for KoF and NOT GG >__>)

zell_dincht
10-08-2004, 03:11 AM
yay, Zell, i'm a fan of your FF8 cosutumes..(esp. your Seifer pimp coat....) but BENIMARU IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!! do it do it do it do it XD (jet scrambles to pull more people for KoF and NOT GG >__>)
Hehe thanks! ^_^ I'm definitely doing those two for Yaoi Con.

Hmm... I'll try to do a Benimaru there!!! I failed doing it last year so I'll make up for it and do it again! ^_^

Chas
10-09-2004, 02:12 AM
So far, this is what I've got...

Haku - Naruto
Kikumaru Eiji - Prince of Tennis
Okayasu Kiley - Peach Girl
Shindou Shuichi - Gravitation
Sakuraba Haruto - Eyeshield 21

BlackDelo
10-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Hehe thanks! ^_^ I'm definitely doing those two for Yaoi Con.

Hmm... I'll try to do a Benimaru there!!! I failed doing it last year so I'll make up for it and do it again! ^_^

damn straight you're gonna do the Benimaru outfit. ^___^

Suiel
10-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Since jetspectacular was wondering why I hadn't posted in here, I'll do so now. My costume list varies all the time, but I'm planning on dragging these costumes all the way from Florida, not all of them will be worn at the convention:

Watanuki from XXXHolic
Tsuzuki from Yami no Matsuei
Hiro from Gravitation
Enki from Juuni Kokki
Ken from Weiss Kreuz OVAs
Agito/Akito from Air Gear
Subaru - X
Nathaniel - Anita Blake Novels
Tsukasa - Juvenile Orion (Maybe)
Raenef - Demon Diary (Maybe)
Hifumi - Cafe Kichijoji (Maybe)
Kazahaya - Gouhou Drug (Maybe)

Unfortunately, Tsukasa might be a bit big to go since it's his Eraser outfit and I'm not sure the wings would fit in my suitcases without me doing them over. And I really want Raenef to go, but I'd need to get my hair dyed again -- so it depends some on that.

Schuldig
10-13-2004, 11:28 AM
*Huggles Amber* our OVA group will rock

jetspectacular
10-13-2004, 11:54 AM
*Huggles Amber* our OVA group will rock

omg you guys mean the uber *hey everyone, let's fight the US army!! yah! zomgwediedpsyche* OAV? if so that @#$%ign RAWKS!!!!! XD

Our schwarz group will be in all black, should we like, pick up a few red flowers and head our asses over for a gathering?? :3

Suiel
About Tsukasa-- that's pretty crazy, a friend and I were just commenting on how there should be JuviOrion cosplay XD I hope to see it someday, if not at Ycon, it must be really impressive to have the Eraser uniform (I was thining of someday doing Naoya because.. shazz man, he's like a nother Nagi, but happier :3 and I like his long coat from the same sketches.)

and CafeKichi rocks my socks also :3

I'm impressed you're trying the full-out Kogasumaru outfit for Akito/Agito That will be quite the awesome to see also. I just recently got into/obsessed with Air Gear cuz of the scanlations, but they're so sloow sometimes..! need more XD What day were you planning on Doing Agito? Lets take pictures, ne?? If you do Agito I could do Akito since all I have is the school uniform (and the way my wig is cut..) Or if I come across a pair of sexy goggles I could do Ikki from Vol.2 in a flash (though tha'ts kinda out of time-context x.x? yesno?) with blades on I'd be a bit taller than you, hopefully XD which would you prefer?

good luck with Agi's sexy bondage straps and the jacket XD

Schuldig
10-13-2004, 01:16 PM
jetspectacular - yeah, Weiss OVA. We have all of Weiss and Brad and Schu from schwarz.. so..LOL.. I guess we have everyone. LOL

ACXchan
10-13-2004, 01:59 PM
If Tenjou Tenge were more Yaoi Oriented I'd totally show up as Shin Natsume X3

I think we should totally have a Weiss gathering! I was planning to show up as Schu on Friday but if the majority wishes to have the gathering on another day that's cool, except on Saturday afternoon, that time is reserved for FAKE XD

Suiel, what version of Tsuzuki are you planning to do? My group's working on versions from a Matsushita illustration and right now we're missing Tsuzuki and Muraki of all people @D@

Suiel
10-13-2004, 03:19 PM
If Tenjou Tenge were more Yaoi Oriented I'd totally show up as Shin Natsume X3

I think we should totally have a Weiss gathering! I was planning to show up as Schu on Friday but if the majority wishes to have the gathering on another day that's cool, except on Saturday afternoon, that time is reserved for FAKE XD

Suiel, what version of Tsuzuki are you planning to do? My group's working on versions from a Matsushita illustration and right now we're missing Tsuzuki and Muraki of all people @D@

I'm just doing his normal black suit/trench combo to bum around in since it's sooo relaxing. ^^ I originally wanted to have Byakko for this convention, but that fell through... ;_;

Suiel
10-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Suiel
About Tsukasa-- that's pretty crazy, a friend and I were just commenting on how there should be JuviOrion cosplay XD I hope to see it someday, if not at Ycon, it must be really impressive to have the Eraser uniform (I was thining of someday doing Naoya because.. shazz man, he's like a nother Nagi, but happier :3 and I like his long coat from the same sketches.)

and CafeKichi rocks my socks also :3

I'm impressed you're trying the full-out Kogasumaru outfit for Akito/Agito That will be quite the awesome to see also. I just recently got into/obsessed with Air Gear cuz of the scanlations, but they're so sloow sometimes..! need more XD What day were you planning on Doing Agito? Lets take pictures, ne?? If you do Agito I could do Akito since all I have is the school uniform (and the way my wig is cut..) Or if I come across a pair of sexy goggles I could do Ikki from Vol.2 in a flash (though tha'ts kinda out of time-context x.x? yesno?) with blades on I'd be a bit taller than you, hopefully XD which would you prefer?

good luck with Agi's sexy bondage straps and the jacket XD

I'm not sure which day I'm doing everything yet since my list isn't completely solid, but Agito's jacket is nearly done (the sleeve zippers were a PAINNNNNN!!!) I'm finishing that up and the pants today. I have to work on the design some before putting that on.. and grab a few things as well as sculpt out the hooks and I should be good.

I have a small problem.. I could either fix Tsukasa's wings and such and bring the eraser outfit.. or get Hifumi done. >.> Urge to be cute.. or urge to be scary.... God I'm torn. I want to bring both! Why do I have so many costumes on my list!!!???

Suiel
10-13-2004, 03:26 PM
jetspectacular - yeah, Weiss OVA. We have all of Weiss and Brad and Schu from schwarz.. so..LOL.. I guess we have everyone. LOL

In case you hadn't heard, Kevin said he'd probably finish my gloves by this weekend. If that happens, I'll take pictures and post them to my gallery.

zell_dincht
10-13-2004, 03:43 PM
So.... my almost final costumes are...

Zell Dincht - Final Fantasy VIII
Seifer Almasy - Final Fantasy VIII
Irvine Kinneas - Final Fantasy VIII
K' - King Of Fighters
Shindou Shuuichi - Gravitation

ACXchan
10-15-2004, 02:04 AM
I'm just doing his normal black suit/trench combo to bum around in since it's sooo relaxing. ^^ I originally wanted to have Byakko for this convention, but that fell through... ;_;

Aww that's still cool ^ ^ Was hoping I could rope someone into doing whitesuit Tsuzuki with the tulips XD Wai Byakko! I've always wanted to cosplay Suzaku or Touda @D@

Psychotic Jei
10-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Meh. So final list

Irvine Kinneas- FFVIII
Yashiro- KoF
Kaiba Seto- Yugioh
Sakuma Ryuichi- Gravitation
Zabuza- Naruto

Whee. I wasnt even planning on bringing that many. >.< But, someone mentioned certain costumes and I have no spine.

Suiel
10-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Aww that's still cool ^ ^ Was hoping I could rope someone into doing whitesuit Tsuzuki with the tulips XD Wai Byakko! I've always wanted to cosplay Suzaku or Touda @D@

Do you mean this one ( http://static-crush.net/ynm/tsuzuki03.jpg ) or another one? It's too bad it's so last minute ~ I would have if I wasn't working on 5 other costumes at the same time. ^^

ACXchan
10-16-2004, 11:26 PM
Ahh, no another one ^ ^ I know how you feel, I'm still working on getting my Watari jacket to the right color XD The Tsuzuki I'm referring to is this version. Matsushita drew Tsuzuki (tulips), Hisoka (I forgot what these are called x_x), Tatsumi (tiger lily), Watari (sunflower), and Muraki (red roses) for this particular series. So far we have Hisoka, Tatsumi, and Watari @D@

Suiel
10-17-2004, 01:25 AM
Ahh, no another one ^ ^ I know how you feel, I'm still working on getting my Watari jacket to the right color XD The Tsuzuki I'm referring to is this version. Matsushita drew Tsuzuki (tulips), Hisoka (I forgot what these are called x_x), Tatsumi (tiger lily), Watari (sunflower), and Muraki (red roses) for this particular series. So far we have Hisoka, Tatsumi, and Watari @D@

Oh that. God, yeah... too bad I didn't know way ahead of time. I'd tried to have made it if I had the time or material. My Hisoka might have had to kill me though.. ^^

ACXchan
10-17-2004, 03:00 AM
Aww it would have been cool to have the whole team dressed in that series of illustrations but it's all good X3 What do you say to a Yami no Matsuei gathering? It seems you have a group too ne, Suiel?

Eurobeat King
10-17-2004, 03:16 AM
ACXChan: I COULD bust out my Tsuzuki costume this year again, since I've worn him for the past 2 years, but my schedule this year might be tough.. Perhaps on Friday I could wear him for a little bit, like once I get there in the afternoon. Saturday is booked for me, as is Sunday, so Friday would be best. I know that last year the Viko Arts group did a great YnM group, so maybe they'll be bringing them again this year! :)

Suiel
10-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Aww it would have been cool to have the whole team dressed in that series of illustrations but it's all good X3 What do you say to a Yami no Matsuei gathering? It seems you have a group too ne, Suiel?

Just my Hisoka and me. Not a clue when we're wearing them though. We're kind of just like.. .. *wake up.. put on costume* for this con.

3pheMeraLmiX
10-19-2004, 02:24 AM
Not entirely sure... I have a few ideas bouncing around in my head, but I really don't know. Deadline is getting close! ^_^

Eurobeat King
10-19-2004, 03:00 AM
Since I decided not to do the Swap-Meet at Yaoicon Friday, I'll just be taking pictures and wearing a couple of costumes until it's time to go home and u/l the day's pics. Here's a look at my revised costume schedule:

Friday, October 29th:

1. Shinji Ikari w/Pen-Pen
2. Wu-Fei (Endless Waltz Mariemaya version)

Saturday, October 30th:

3. Trowa Barton (Endless Waltz Mariemaya version)
4. Inui-Sempai (for Prince of Tennis gathering)
5. Ryosuke Takahashi w/ FC3S

Sunday, October 31st:

5A. Jason-Shinji

Nadeshiko
10-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Okies...it looks like on Sunday, Traveling Valentine can hit South City. Unfortunately, we cannot do the whole weekend. I'm thinking about going to a Rex Navarette show on Friday, Great America and Gaskell Masquerade is set on Saturday, so that leaves Sunday open for Yaoi Con. What a way to celebrate Halloween. ^^

I don't know what Tom will go as, but if con attendees don't mind, I am going as a straight guy (he's far far far away from gay) character from a series that I'm currently in love with (since AM that is). I just have to recheck the weapons policy again, but I'm sure a toy gun from Chinatown won't be that bad (and it kinda is essential to the costume and the classic scene).