PDA

View Full Version : How to go about getting a photo shoot at a school

Lavru Ravit
10-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Hello :) I would appreciate any help. Im doing a Katkeyo Hitman Reborn shoot soon. Im in NYC but Im not sure if thats relevant to my question. In general I want to know of people who have done photo shoots in a school? How do you go about doing that? See I cant ask my school to do a photoshoot because me being in New York im currently taking online classes for a school thats in California. So if anyone has experience with this id appreciate you sharing or if anyone knows information that be great too. I think being a Reborn shoot the cosplays wont be soooo out there as to frak anyone out too ^^' idk a plus? haha

artisticpsyco
10-27-2010, 02:44 AM
I've never asked at a college campus, but I asked one of the teachers at my highschool if I could use their room for a shoot after school ended (we got out at 2pm but the teachers would usually stay until 4pm) and they said it was fine as long as we didn't ruin anything haha c:

Yanilia
10-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Find a friend that goes to a local campus and do the shoot with them there. most campuses dont like people that dont have school ids being there but if youre with someone that is enrolled you should be fine. i figue they see plenty of odd stuff and just nod and ignore, as long as your not disturbing anyone.

koi-ishly
10-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Schools also have a website that you can go to. I don't suggest emailing the principle directly, they are bombarded with emails daily. You can always email the secretary to the principle and get a faster response. Normally the website will list all the emails of those with in the building. You could also email the general manager, too.

kenshin-chan64
11-07-2010, 08:44 PM
I would also try to do shoots at times or days when student traffic is low or down to zero. Go to the school on a Sunday or a holiday and there should be almost no people for you to harrass :)
But dont forget to be polite. If you start a shoot and some administration shows up asking you to leave, apologize with a smile and quickly go.

wafflefrolic
03-25-2011, 10:34 PM
You could also try looking for schools with a photography class. I know that my photography teacher would be really into getting her students models they could use... even in strange costumes. So, if you're willing to share your models and your models are willing to be shot by a bunch of high schoolers, then that might be the way to go.

(And if you were in upstate new york I would just help you get into my school.)