PDA

View Full Version : Weight Issue? D:

Keiko Mai
10-14-2010, 09:16 PM
So I haven't been eating right lately. heh. And I gained a lot of weight. (and yes, I know WHY, xD) in my stomach, mostly. But the weird thing is, I just started going to a new school, and I have to walk SO FAR for every class. And my calves have gotten, like, HUUUGEEEE. :blubber: How can I fix this, and how can I make my stomach flat again (other than changing how I eat, I'm working on this) ?? Also under my arms is getting kind of.. ew. :\

Rjr3412
10-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Well, first things first read the stickies, they are great and helpful and wonderful and super special awesome chocolate-fudge coated and everything.

On a more serious note - 90% of any changes you can make will be based off of what you eat. If you don't fix that, any hard work, effort and sweat you put into exercise is likely to leave you disappointed.

Nonetheless exercise is very important. Distantarray has made a point several times on this board, which I agree with, that it is better to first build the habit of exercising than to drastically change your eating patterns. Take it step by step and pretty soon, when you realize how much time on the treadmill each and every soda represents (probably about ~20-30 minutes at a slower pace) then you will more naturally realize the benefits of eating better.

And on an even better note, when you start eating right, exercising and just being healthier - magically you will be happier, more energetic, sleep better and likely even be more friendly, lol. Sounds a little over the top, but its pretty much true. Exercise will help you feel more energetic, and make your rest more resting. And better nutrition can totally make you happier, because frankly bad food can make you feel lousy. And if you are unhappy with yourself, how friendly are you gonna be?

So take a look over at the stickies, and take a step at a time to making some changes.

someonewhodied
10-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Easy. Eat Regularly, and healthily. No more than 2600 Calories a day and make sure no more than 20% of that is from fatty foods. Take a good 10 minutes out of each day to do regular simple workouts like sit-ups or 1/2 mile jogs. (I don't know why people don't do this. Its like... a 144th of a day)

WolfCC
10-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Should I make super cosplay bootcamp training videos?!
ahaha

ShaolinWolf
10-15-2010, 01:51 AM
and to think, i workout all the time, am a big anime nerd and have never cosplayed. what a waste.

...that'll change in a few weeks though.