PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Workout

Ailovelove
10-14-2010, 09:49 PM
I've decided to take my school's guy's soccer team workout and modify it a little bit.
What they do is this: Run/jog a mile, 100 push ups, run/jog a mile, 100 squats, run/jog a mile, 100 crunches, run/jog a mile, 100 pull-ups.
All in all, they run four miles and do 100 push ups, crunches, pull-ups and squats each every day, as well as general soccer practice.

All I'm doing is cutting this in half, and doing the running on the weekends.
I'm not trying to lose any weight, just tone up and get in better shape for soccer season. If I keep up this workout and do it every day with Wednesday being my resting day, how long do you think it would take me to start seeing results and what kind would they be ? I'm not looking for large muscles, just defined ones, haha.
I also have some light weights (I think 3 or 5 pounds) so is there any way I could incorporate those as well ? I really need to tone my arms. >____@

ShaolinWolf
10-15-2010, 01:32 AM
wow, thats quite a brutal workout.. your schools soccer team must be full of a bunch of Navy seals. lol. I know bodybuilders, fighters, and personal fitness experts who can't go that hard. the only way I can see them doing it is if they do the strength exercises really fast, and cheat a little bit by not doing the full repetition, and going halfway or less on some of those pull ups, squats, pushups.

but anyway, if you're able to pull off half of that you'll be in shape fast, no problem. I'd say in one month you'll already feel and look different, and in about 2 months the full results will show up. as for the muscles, they'll get defined, count on it, if you're doing 50 pushups/50 pull ups every other day. those exercises were made to define muscles. 3/5 lb dumbbells are weak though. try to work your way up to at least 20.

Ghai
10-15-2010, 02:36 AM
I felt a bit of disbelief in the 100 pull ups. Everything else I've done in wrestling warm ups (in the listed sequence above), but I doubt i could get that many in a day @_@

Kasinator
10-15-2010, 10:07 AM
While I find your dedication and determination admirable, I would suggest at the very least not to do this every day. Your body needs to recover from these exercises and more than 24 hours time to perform said recovery. Here is what I suggest:
Day 1:
Run/jog a mile, 4 supersets of 25 pushups along with 15 pullups (expecting 100 pullups is pretty ambitious and unnecessary. You are trying to gain muscle not over-train :p ). In between sets start jogging.

Day 2:
Run/jog a mile, 4 supersets of 25 squats along with 25 crunches. In between sets, start jogging again.

breaking it up a bit will not only give more recovery time, but more positive results.