PDA

View Full Version : Firebending for fun and profit!

Indy Tarquinson
10-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Does anybody have any ideas for fake firebending, and what have you used before? I've used a simple conglomeration of a single yellow and red felt sheet (each) with the bottoms tied together and it's fine for me in pictures in a cartoony way, but I'm curious of other methods as well. (I didn't get my Zuko swords done in time and grabbed some felt last minute at Walmart. XD)

Also the Ember Island Players' method of throwing ribbons is FTW! 8D

harmonyisarine
10-14-2010, 11:24 PM
It depends. Do you mean indoors/public areas, or is this for a private photoshoot? Go check out Altrus's profile (or HarmonicCosplay on deviantart) for some awesome "firebending" we did for a photoshoot with a cotton t-shirt, lighter fluid, and wire (he has a full description on how in the comments of one photo). He's holding live fire in his hands, but he was never in too much danger (wouldn't know it from his protests ^_~) and never hurt himself, and the wire is practically invisible.

For more less-actual-fire kinds of firebending, I made some pretty neat fire daggers out of polyester resin. I forgot to get pics, but they were flat with a yellow core, then a wide orange part, and then a thin red border with clear handles. Hopefully he'll get pics soon...

Indy Tarquinson
11-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Wow, that's scary and cool at the same time! 8D I saw those pics: AMAZING. Great job with that!

I actually found a toy that helped me with my firebending LOL! I'm a little afraid of resin (even though I want to try to make some eventually, cuz I want a bigger 'fire' prop). There's this set of dragon toys I found at the toystore with fire eggs and they're clear and fit in your hand just right. I bought one and put a light in it to make it light up, but the sun actually does a better job of making it glow. LOL.

Check it out: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2763765/

SvK
11-09-2010, 08:56 PM
You could do something like this. (http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs475.ash2/74810_463087368849_782288849_5488192_3372812_n.jpg )

harmonyisarine
11-12-2010, 09:26 PM
That fire egg looks pretty awesome. I have some sub-par pics of his fire daggers now, but they're not quite up. The way I discovered to work with resin is actually pretty easy. I'm working on getting a tutorial up, but if you decide to try it before, just PM me.