PDA

View Full Version : Review: lunaladyoflight

D-holla-J
10-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm copying this over from the commissioner review thread because this girl has a lot of good reviews- and I wanted to warn people that it might be best not to go by those. It seems I've been a victim of a commissioner who gets too much on her plate.

Name of Commissioner: lunaladyoflight

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.lunaladyoflight.net/shop.html

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): A Draenei mage wig from World of Warcraft. This is the reference picture I sent: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/DakotaJones/Draenei___finished_by_sweetcivic.jpg
The changes I requested were that the wig itself be white, the horns black, and the tentacles blue. (Though she claims I said white, I still have every email ever sent between us- including the ones in which I said blue.)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/DakotaJones/PART_1287164597262.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/DakotaJones/PART_1287164723293.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/DakotaJones/PART_1287164660918.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I contacted her on May 26th of this year. She accepted the commission on the same day, and we set a due date of early October. There were no progress pictures sent, and no communication until I emailed her in mid August asking about progress. She replied quite rudely that she had other projects due much sooner than mine, and mine was still in progress. Still no pictures. I checked in again in September, it was still being worked on, no progress pictures sent.

On September 30th, she sent a message saying that my wig was being finished that day and asking how I would like it shipped. Communication once again went dead until I emailed her this past Monday, concerned because nothing had been shipped- she hadn't even told me the shipping price. I had to email her each day- turns out my wig was NOT done, and she worked on it up until Thursday, when she finally overnighted it to me, courtesy of my Fed-ex account. Obviously my shipping costs were more than they should have been, considering it had to be overnighted to make it in time- I HAD to have it before Monday.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Pros: There...really aren't any pros.

Cons: Communication was abysmal, and in all but one case was initiated by me. The wig itself is a mess.

It was shipped in a plastic bag in a small box. When asked why she didn't ship it on a wig head in a proper container, she replied that that's how she ships because "most of her customers are cheap on shipping". Obviously, I would have paid more so it didn't arrive in a tangled mess.

The horns are entirely the wrong shape, and they're lumpy and uneven. The velcro they're attached to is glued to the HAIR. The wig hair. Not the base. I don't know where in the world that kind of application is acceptable, but certainly not with me. The horns, since they were attached to the wig hair and not the base, are unsteady and move with the wig. They do not look like they're growing out of the skull- they, obviously, look like they're stuck on the hair. Because they are. The horns have no texture to them besides the uneven bumps and lumps that resulted from poor execution.

The tentacles attached to the wig are white, when in my instructions is clearly said they were supposed to be blue.

The bangs of the wig are much too long, and come all the way down to my nose, and are in no way thick enough compared to the reference.

She says that she does not do refunds, but that in no way excuses her for giving me a shoddy, obviously rushed, half-hearted wig when I paid over $200 for a quality product. Her other work looks great, and her other reviews are why I picked her over other commissioners; I'm not sure why she felt the need to send out this substandard, last minute rushed job.

No pictures were sent until the day she shipped the wig, yesterday. Since I have no time, I'm going to be spending the weekend trying to repair this mess and make all new horns myself for it- and buying a back-up wig in case what she's sent me is unsalvageable.

Final Grade: F

Axelai
10-15-2010, 02:57 PM
It honestly looks to me like she bought a random white wig, glued model magic lumps on it, and just...

...yeah. Its sucks that happened to you :\

angelbabycakes
10-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Ewww, that's horrible.

FluffyCoatIzaya
10-15-2010, 03:34 PM
i agree it looks a mess, it looks like its spilt in two. and the horns and tenicles look nothing like the picture you gave her.

im sorry happended to you . :(

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Yea well 95% of my other clients are happy. Sorry you had to be the unhappy one.

Also recent deaths in the family, illnesses, and other things, while are not excuses, are reasons why things have been behind. But you wouldn't care about those would you?

I certainly wasn't rude then, but I'm definitely being rude now. Just because I don't give out refunds you figured you'd try to scare me into doing it? Sorry. One bad review in the light of the other great ones, frankly doesn't frighten me.

angelbabycakes
10-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Wow. You should probably not react that way to a poor review. Many potential clients will be turned off.

Excuses or not, you chose to take on a commission. Life happens and you have to deal with it the best you can. It still isn't an excuse for a shoddy job. I can't imagine someone paid so much for that wig and got what you sent. I am sure many commissioners would redo the project at their expense if it turned out to be something they are less than proud of.

You seem very proud of this work, which is not even average work. You do not seem to even want to try to work anything out with this customer. From just seeing how you post, I would not commission from you.

I would advise to take matters like these to messages if you are going to come across so abrasive. You will lose business.

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I would redo it if both she and I had the time. But sadly that's not the case. I wasn't even asked if that was an option. But to try to scare me into giving a refund by posting this? That's just silly.

And I'll admit I'm not very proud of that wig. But the horns weren't dropping at all when I mailed it. The images I took at home don't look like the droopy thing she's got.

Whatever. I'm not doing a combination wig and sculpting project for anyone ever again. I'm just not good enough in the sculpting area.

angelbabycakes
10-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Agreed on if that is why she posted a review to get a refund. Of course, I do not know the case at all, just what I have read. You seem very upset, and maybe rightly so. True, you cannot please every customer, I would not expect any commissioner to. I'm quite shocked a redo wasn't the case...just seems odd to me. I've had a commissioner redo something for me when I was not happy and footed the reshipping cost. I feel it gives the commissioner time to redeem themselves.

I always think it better to get the redone product late than to foot a bill for a product you are unhappy with. With such good reviews, it should be evident you are capable of quality work. I guess there are more sour grapes about working this out than have been brought to the forums.

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Of course there are. If you make out one person to be the villain and one to be the victim to garner favor you always hide part of the argument. Let the world be a witness. I WOULD GLADLY REDO THIS WIG FOR YOU FOR FREE. Just ship the darn white wig back.

I would like to be able to please everyone, but sadly it wasn't the case in this transaction. But almost every other one has been more than happy. Like I said, 95%.

cutekawaii
10-15-2010, 04:03 PM
The point of this thread is what? Why shouldn't people go by her other good reviews? Because you happened to get a bad item? That's like saying people shouldn't eat at a well-rated restaurant because you didn't like the food. You clearly are upset about your bad transaction but this thread is just silly.

angelbabycakes
10-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Sounds fair to me. I retract my earlier statement about not commissioning from you then. ^_^ As long as you are willing to work out something when a customer is not happy, that's all any customer can ask. Customers have to understand that refunds are not always the answer, but compromise and second chances can be. Of course, it depends on the circumstance. In this case, it seems appropriate.

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Thank you, I appreciate that. I'd already apologized profusely to her only to receive a very lightly veiled threatening email about how she was posting this because I don't give refunds. I do not give refunds because almost everyone else has been entirely happy. I am more than reasonable when it comes to redoing things too, but the client has to be willing for that to work out.

So my fortune cookie told me a second ago: You should let go of negative things today. Good cookie. :)

angelbabycakes
10-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Haha! That's pretty awesome. I always get the mess up ones. This is what my last fortune cookie said, "Fortune cook says, you be in good fortune today soon." What? Lol. Fortune cookie now speaks in first person and not grammatically well. So weird.

I guess it is a cookie though...

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 04:35 PM
No no no fortune cookie speaks in lolspeak XD

Angelbabycakes can haz gud day tuday.

angelbabycakes
10-15-2010, 04:45 PM
L-O-L. That's awesome. What a crazy cookie. So tasty though. :P

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 04:56 PM
They taste like ice cream cones ^.^

D-holla-J
10-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Okay. I didn't threaten, I simply said that since you DON'T give refunds, I would be posting this so people know what they're getting into when they go into a commission with you- that they might get a mess at the last minute and have no recourse for their upcoming convention.

And since I got this wig four days before my departure, there's no possible way to get a re-do. I'm going to work with what I've got, and in fact just got back from a shopping trip to get all the supplies to make horns and paint the tentacles. I asked if a PARTIAL refund would be administered since I had to go through extra expenses at the last minute, when I have my own work to do on this costume and wasn't expecting to have to re-do the wig.

And why did I post this? Because while she may have good reviews, this is obviously not her strong suit, something she failed to mention to me when I made the commission. I would have rather she told me she wasn't comfortable with doing the sculpting than end up in this situation. Is my bad experience less valid because others have had good experiences?

I would think that a commissioner that has done as well as Lady Luna in her past work would care more about a customer she put into tears over this. This whole thing is an utter mess, and I just want it over, and want no one else to go through the same thing.

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Just FYI I've already apologized profusely. And the review thread is good enough. People can click in there and see my name.

Starting an extra thread is overkill and frankly pointless. It makes you look bad, not me.

95% of my clients are happy, sorry you're not. But you do not need to "warn" anyone simply because they're smiling and you're not. Pulling the crying card isn't going to make me feel bad. Some like what I make them and some don't. Such is life. I can't please everyone even though I try to.

And hopefully family members won't die and I won't have out of state funerals to attend when other people commission me. Which was right after the email where I was planning on finishing your product. I didn't want to bother you with my sorrows.

Yea you're disappointed, but this was just unnecessary.

ALSO if you wanted it to be over you wouldn't have replied to this thread again seeing as three people have already told you it was unnecessary.

D-holla-J
10-15-2010, 07:41 PM
You never said ANYTHING to me about family deaths. If the commission got to be too much for you, I would have accepted that and either handled it on my own or found a different commissioner. You didn't give me that chance. And since I had no progress pictures, I didn't KNOW I would be so unhappy with the final product.

I laid out the facts, I said what was done, I showed the pictures, and you're in here name calling and bashing me for being unhappy. I haven't called you any names, I graded the work you did, because as a commissioner your work is representative of your business, and this was obviously a bad representation.

I'm glad you're happy with 95%. I'm certain, though, if I was running a business, I would strive for making 100% happen, and if I made a customer unhappy I would offer more than a "sorry". In your email response, that was all I got. "Sorry you're unhappy, no refunds, see ya."

All of this could've been solved with a little more communication along the way. I had no idea you were having any troubles with my order or anything else.

Can we stop the name calling now? It's not very professional. I posted a business review, and I get bashed for it.

Edit: I see you took the whole line about me being "infantile" out of your post. That was what I was referring to in the name-calling.

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 07:45 PM
I said above, if you'd read it, that I do strive to please 100% of the people. But I have a strict no refunds policy. I did that once and got terribly burned, therefore I do not do it anymore.

As for the name calling. Your passive-aggressive remarks about being a bad business person could be construed as such.

I'm completely aware that miscommunication really killed this transaction but would you kindly move on with your life, enjoy your con, and leave me and my happy clients alone?

And you're not being bashed. Your extra thread is irrelevant and useless. Your review in the official thread was enough. Like CuteKawaii said, this thread has no point because everyone else was super happy and you happen to be that one person who wasn't.

D-holla-J
10-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I posted this where I knew people would see it because I'm appalled at how this went down, and it shocked me, after seeing your stellar reviews and prior work. And as this is a commissioner review board, no, it's not irrelevant. And I think seeing your excuses and-well, edited name calling will speak for me when this thread is read by potential customers. If a customer isn't happy and they decide to tell people about their experience, they don't deserve to be raked over the coals for receiving a bad product and making sure people know about it.

And if I say that you handled this transaction poorly as a business, that's not passive aggressive. That's telling the truth.

And as I said before, just because everyone else was "super happy" does not negate my experience or make it less bad. After all, I am far, far from "super happy".

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Yes but your review in the thread was enough. This did not require a separate thread. That is what three people have already told you. Not raking you over the coals. Seriously go have fun at your con and leave me alone.

The point of this thread is what? Why shouldn't people go by her other good reviews? Because you happened to get a bad item? That's like saying people shouldn't eat at a well-rated restaurant because you didn't like the food. You clearly are upset about your bad transaction but this thread is just silly.

Sounds fair to me. I retract my earlier statement about not commissioning from you then. ^_^ As long as you are willing to work out something when a customer is not happy, that's all any customer can ask. Customers have to understand that refunds are not always the answer, but compromise and second chances can be. Of course, it depends on the circumstance. In this case, it seems appropriate.

D-holla-J
10-15-2010, 08:01 PM
I wanted to make sure it got seen. Seems I achieved that. If it makes me look horrible, so be it, I suppose- at least someone searching for a commissioner on these boards will be more likely to see this thread now. I've just never had a commission go so wrong so late in the game, and it's incredibly upsetting- especially since, as there's not time for a re-do, it seems I'm up the creek without a paddle.

Edit: And as for your quotes, when one person gets food poisoning at a five satr restaurant, should they ignore it because 'everyone but them is happy'? And as for the second quote, refunds are not always the answer, but when you send a product four days before the convention with no progress pictures having been sent, there's not time for a second chance and not much to compromise, is there?

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes well I hope you're happy. Because the first thing you do when you're miserable is make sure you upset other people too. Because that's totally the cool thing to do. Because your experience totally dictates what everyone else's will be like in the future. Can I borrow your crystal ball and see if I die of cancer too?

Now kindly get on with your life and enjoy your con.

D-holla-J
10-15-2010, 08:06 PM
...the cancer comment was REALLY not necessary. I'm done here; I'm not going to see how much lower you stoop.

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Well my family has a history of it, maybe you can tell me since you know the future.

Asking if I can borrow your future-seeing crystal ball is not stooping low. Your presuming to know how every transaction after yours is going to go is just insane.

Lady Lore
10-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Okay, this is getting really out of hand. DJ came to a review board and posted a review. Other people have posted in the Commissioner Review Thread as well as doing a separate thread here. But, I have to admit, I've never seen a commissioner freak out quite like this.

She has a legitimate complaint. You, yourself, admitted that you're not proud of the wig. Why would you send out a product you're not proud of? Yes, I understand there was a death in your family. That really sucks and I know how it can throw everything out of whack. But since you are running a business, you should have been up front with your client about scheduling problems. $200 is a lot of money invested in what she assumed was going to be a high quality product, like your previous works.

It doesn't appear that she's trying to make others miserable with this thread. Again, it was posted in a review thread, where posters are encouraged to share their experiences. She did so and has been ripped apart for doing it. This wasn't an attack against you as a person, Luna. It was a review that has very quickly deteriorated into...well, the mess that it is right now.

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 08:19 PM
My point is that there was absolutely no need to post it in it's own thread when it goes in the review thread.

angelbabycakes
10-15-2010, 09:28 PM
I wanted to make sure it got seen. Seems I achieved that. If it makes me look horrible, so be it, I suppose- at least someone searching for a commissioner on these boards will be more likely to see this thread now. I've just never had a commission go so wrong so late in the game, and it's incredibly upsetting- especially since, as there's not time for a re-do, it seems I'm up the creek without a paddle.

Edit: And as for your quotes, when one person gets food poisoning at a five satr restaurant, should they ignore it because 'everyone but them is happy'? And as for the second quote, refunds are not always the answer, but when you send a product four days before the convention with no progress pictures having been sent, there's not time for a second chance and not much to compromise, is there?

I"ll respond about the second quote, since it was mine. There's always time for a re-do. It might not be when you want it...mine never was, but better late and used at the next con than to pay for a horrible product and just bite the bullet. I've had a similar experience and the commissioner had to re-do my products. I'm still waiting on them, but I am trusting the person will at least send it b/c the person sent them in the first place. It has been a challenge as life does happen -- this person is getting married. I am fine with waiting to get a quality product. Was I upset when I got the product and felt it was unusable? YOU BET. I spent more money to repaint and try to fix them. I completely understand and empathize. The fact was, I had to deal with what I had, just like you are doing. The person didn't offer a refund, but they offered to redo the products. Great! That's what I wanted anyways, the product. I don't see what the issue is of getting it later than you wanted when you already know you won't be able to have the one you payed for and hoped would turn out perfect the way you want anyways. Seems logical and rational to take the late product and work with the one you have to make it, hopefully usable for your upcoming con. There's always time for compromise, as long as both parties are willing. You seem very stuck on not wanting to do that. That's your choice and nothing wrong with that, but I find it odd that since you spent so much money you wouldn't try to even opt for a re-do, even if it was late. I'm not saying there's any excuse for a poor quality product at all. I do agree that if a commissioner is not comfortable with a certain aspect of the commission, something should be said. Also, not to have progress photos is a valid complaint b/c you don't have room to ask questions and point things out.

As for your review, I agree, you are more than welcome to post a review, as you rightly should. I have nothing wrong with your review and I think it is valid to other clients. You asked for something specific and you didn't get what you wanted and it wasn't up to your standards. Rightly so. You posted your review and even made this thread...I don't really have an issue with reviews being posted at all. I'd have posted a review too. Your experience is valid, just as valid as the other clients this commissioner has had, whether theirs was far different from yours or not.

There's three sides to every story...yours, the other person's, and the truth. I firmly believe this. I hate that your experience was such a bad one. I'd feel shafted too, but I would at least accept the re-do, even if I couldn't use it at the con I wanted. That was my point.

D-holla-J
10-15-2010, 10:20 PM
I"ll respond about the second quote, since it was mine. There's always time for a re-do. It might not be when you want it...mine never was, but better late and used at the next con than to pay for a horrible product and just bite the bullet. I've had a similar experience and the commissioner had to re-do my products. I'm still waiting on them, but I am trusting the person will at least send it b/c the person sent them in the first place. It has been a challenge as life does happen -- this person is getting married. I am fine with waiting to get a quality product. Was I upset when I got the product and felt it was unusable? YOU BET. I spent more money to repaint and try to fix them. I completely understand and empathize. The fact was, I had to deal with what I had, just like you are doing. The person didn't offer a refund, but they offered to redo the products. Great! That's what I wanted anyways, the product. I don't see what the issue is of getting it later than you wanted when you already know you won't be able to have the one you payed for and hoped would turn out perfect the way you want anyways. Seems logical and rational to take the late product and work with the one you have to make it, hopefully usable for your upcoming con. There's always time for compromise, as long as both parties are willing. You seem very stuck on not wanting to do that. That's your choice and nothing wrong with that, but I find it odd that since you spent so much money you wouldn't try to even opt for a re-do, even if it was late. I'm not saying there's any excuse for a poor quality product at all. I do agree that if a commissioner is not comfortable with a certain aspect of the commission, something should be said. Also, not to have progress photos is a valid complaint b/c you don't have room to ask questions and point things out.

As for your review, I agree, you are more than welcome to post a review, as you rightly should. I have nothing wrong with your review and I think it is valid to other clients. You asked for something specific and you didn't get what you wanted and it wasn't up to your standards. Rightly so. You posted your review and even made this thread...I don't really have an issue with reviews being posted at all. I'd have posted a review too. Your experience is valid, just as valid as the other clients this commissioner has had, whether theirs was far different from yours or not.

There's three sides to every story...yours, the other person's, and the truth. I firmly believe this. I hate that your experience was such a bad one. I'd feel shafted too, but I would at least accept the re-do, even if I couldn't use it at the con I wanted. That was my point.

There's a very good reason that it isn't acceptable to go with a re-do- this convention is not like other conventions. It's extremely high profile, broadcast on live TV, and the tickets to get in are $150 each and very hard to obtain. Couple that with the fact that it's in Anaheim, California, and I live in Indiana, and it gets extremely expensive. This may be the only time I ever go. The costume is specifically for this convention, and this convention is specifically for World of Warcraft- it's not a costume that can be recycled anytime, especially given that it's a physically draining costume with welded stilts to wear. It's such a difficult costume that I may never wear it again- I might retire it right after its debut.

It was extremely important to me that this was done right the first time. Extremely.

So, I see what you're saying, but second chances and redos cannot be depended upon. Sometimes, it just has to be done right the first time, because there's no point in doing it over when it may be for nothing.

So, I mean, that's my side of the story. And I'm not going to be answering the commissioner in this thread or in emails any longer, I don't even care about the refund or the wig or whatever. The second she started dragging cancer into this and rubbing it all over this thread without knowing ANYTHING about my own family experiences with it, I was done. I AM done. I just wanted to explain why a re-do would be pretty worthless at this point- it's VERY likely this costume will be only worn once, and for a VERY important event.

lunaladyoflight
10-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Sooo now I'm supposed to be psychic and know everything about you?

angelbabycakes
10-15-2010, 10:47 PM
There's a very good reason that it isn't acceptable to go with a re-do- this convention is not like other conventions. It's extremely high profile, broadcast on live TV, and the tickets to get in are $150 each and very hard to obtain. Couple that with the fact that it's in Anaheim, California, and I live in Indiana, and it gets extremely expensive. This may be the only time I ever go. The costume is specifically for this convention, and this convention is specifically for World of Warcraft- it's not a costume that can be recycled anytime, especially given that it's a physically draining costume with welded stilts to wear. It's such a difficult costume that I may never wear it again- I might retire it right after its debut.

It was extremely important to me that this was done right the first time. Extremely.

So, I see what you're saying, but second chances and redos cannot be depended upon. Sometimes, it just has to be done right the first time, because there's no point in doing it over when it may be for nothing.

So, I mean, that's my side of the story. And I'm not going to be answering the commissioner in this thread or in emails any longer, I don't even care about the refund or the wig or whatever. The second she started dragging cancer into this and rubbing it all over this thread without knowing ANYTHING about my own family experiences with it, I was done. I AM done. I just wanted to explain why a re-do would be pretty worthless at this point- it's VERY likely this costume will be only worn once, and for a VERY important event.

Understandable. I guess I'd still take a redo in hopes I got a quality wig to resell to someone else. I see your point and I understand. It's always wanted and really expected that things with commissioners are done right the first time, or else customers wouldn't go to them. I understand. I'd hate to throw that money down the drain though, so from my view, I would take it, resell it or try to use it for something else, even though it is specifically made for this cosplay. I understand and empathize, I do.

cutekawaii
10-15-2010, 11:48 PM
I posted this where I knew people would see it because I'm appalled at how this went down, and it shocked me, after seeing your stellar reviews and prior work.
Uh, you're not special, and not the first person to have a bad transaction from someone who normally does good work. There are ton of negative reviews in the review thread....you know, where they belong. If everyone who gave a neg review made their own thread this board would be a mess.

addendum: I think it *is* appropriate to make threads for outright scammers. But in this case it's just whining.

Axelai
10-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Yea well 95% of my other clients are happy. Sorry you had to be the unhappy one.

Also recent deaths in the family, illnesses, and other things, while are not excuses, are reasons why things have been behind. But you wouldn't care about those would you?

I certainly wasn't rude then, but I'm definitely being rude now. Just because I don't give out refunds you figured you'd try to scare me into doing it? Sorry. One bad review in the light of the other great ones, frankly doesn't frighten me.

This rude response is exactly why i wouldn't buy from this commissioner. I don't care if you're having a bad time in life. YOU took on the commission. If i ever have bad things happening in my life, i tell the commissioned person right then and there as soon as it happens, and tell them that it might not turn out well, and then offer a refund. All of which you did not do.

There are circumstances when a refund is the only thing you can do. Even if its not in your policy, this is one of those events when it was your fault you did crap work, and you should either refund her, or accept that you deserve a negative review.

EDIT: And after reading the other things you've said in this thread: You're just not a very professional person.

lunaladyoflight
10-16-2010, 09:47 PM
This rude response is exactly why i wouldn't buy from this commissioner. I don't care if you're having a bad time in life. YOU took on the commission. If i ever have bad things happening in my life, i tell the commissioned person right then and there as soon as it happens, and tell them that it might not turn out well, and then offer a refund. All of which you did not do.

There are circumstances when a refund is the only thing you can do. Even if its not in your policy, this is one of those events when it was your fault you did crap work, and you should either refund her, or accept that you deserve a negative review.

EDIT: And after reading the other things you've said in this thread: You're just not a very professional person.

Nowhere did I say I wouldn't accept a negative review. I more than deserve one for this fiasco. But what I WAS SAYING IS IT DOES NOT DESERVE IT'S OWN THREAD. For Lord's sakes. READ woman. READ!!

Feel free to think whatever you want. One or two people who think that won't ruin my business. And frankly it's not my problem. I'm a professional business woman and I work in an office. IRL I'm pretty professional and diplomatic. But if you get me pissed beyond belief with relentless whining, then yes I will react accordingly. You aren't even INVOLVED in this transaction. Frankly you have no place forming any opinion whatsoever. You only know what you read. For all you know it could be a clever publicity stunt!

Uh, you're not special, and not the first person to have a bad transaction from someone who normally does good work. There are ton of negative reviews in the review thread....you know, where they belong. If everyone who gave a neg review made their own thread this board would be a mess.

addendum: I think it *is* appropriate to make threads for outright scammers. But in this case it's just whining.

THIS SOOO THIS.

Axelai
10-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Oh wow. That was extremely rude. I was stating my opinion (as this is on a public forum specifically for these sorts of things). So honestly, i have every right to respond.

You're just hurting yourself, lady. By being so rude, people are going to shy away from business with you.

lunaladyoflight
10-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Like I said, think what you want. It doesn't bother me. I'll repeat it again 95% of my clients are happy all the time. Some so much that they have commissioned me two even three times. You just can't argue with that.

I also don't see anything rude about my answer. I was directly answering you. I don't beat around the bush and I answered you. If you didn't want to be answered you should have kept your mouse away from the post button.

MissDarkRose
10-17-2010, 12:49 AM
not to be mean but we should end this thread. maybe buyer and commisoner can talk it over themselves in a pm and think of a solution but if not oh well. i'm sorry u got scammed but lets not keep going in circles. If it was me, i would have the wig redoed but that is my opinion or i would talk the horns off if possible and just use the wig. Now lets stop arguing and try to find some peace. thank u

lunaladyoflight
10-17-2010, 12:51 AM
not to be mean but we should end this thread. maybe buyer and commisoner can talk it over themselves in a pm and think of a solution but if not oh well. i'm sorry u got scammed but lets not keep going in circles. If it was me, i would have the wig redoed but that is my opinion or i would talk the horns off if possible and just use the wig. Now lets stop arguing and try to find some peace. thank u

She wasn't scammed. She received the wig and was simply unhappy. Instead of posting JUST the review, she felt it was necessary to be a martyr so people would take pity on her.

Being unhappy with a product is FAR from not receiving one and someone stealing your money. How about that distinction be made.

angelbabycakes
10-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Agreed. She wasn't scammed at all, unless the commissioner showed her a replica of the product she was to receive (which is what happened in one case with me -- review is coming as my bank just got my money back), but in this case, it just wasn't created the way the customer wanted. Scamming is usually reserved for not receiving a product at all. Scamming is to trick someone purposefully or to scheme someone out of money. I don't think this was the case. It was just a review on a product that left the customer unsatisfied.

MissDarkRose
10-17-2010, 12:58 AM
yeah ur right i just used the wrong word. I wasn't trying to be mean, sorry. Though i do agree the wig was alot to ask for. Having those horns stay in place is kind of difficult :/

lunaladyoflight
10-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Needless to say I don't have a ton of these laying around my basement. There was a bunch of miscommunication that led to the failure of this particular transaction, but coming in here and vilifying me was a poor choice. The entire situation was not completely explained, and others jumped in and drew conclusions without being involved OR informed (it appears they don't wish to be either). It's just a mess to do things like this where people can reply and be all OMG SHE IS SO EVIL GARR without knowing the half of it. This is why we have a review thread, and not a million OMFG I HATE HER/HIM/THEY threads.

People are human and they make mistakes. I'm not the all-knowing Wig Goddess and I just happen to poop out perfect wigs. (I certainly don't think so either).

Yui
10-17-2010, 12:32 PM

Actually, now that we have a whole Commissioner Review sub-forum, members are more than welcome to start new threads on single persons, for either high or low reviews. People do not *have* to use the huge mega-thread anymore since there is this option. Additionally, you may repost your review from there as a separate thread, since this Review Forum is a new feature. This way, additional comments can be discussed on one individual &/or other customers may also leave their reviews here instead of in the middle of reviews for other people.

...That being said: please remember that everyone grades quality and communication differently, so the letter grade is not a standard convention. Please take all of the first person accounts and evidence, including behavior in comment replies, in consideration to judge on your own.

Additionally, please try to stay on topic to the business transaction & received product itself rather than bantering about a person's assumed personality. Review threads are not moderated like the rest of the site, so your posts now will remain visible for the future. Please just consider your words before posting.

Thanks. :heart: Keep it frosty, guys.

Axelai
10-19-2010, 05:00 PM
On topic! :D

My entire point here is that people would want someone professional doing their work, or at least willing to work with them to fix problems. Not someone who capslocks and bolds at someone who is simply making an observation XD;; I'm not saying those other people weren't satisfied, i'm just saying that you can't expect love and care in a commission from this person.

lunaladyoflight
10-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Like I said, I was the one who was willing to work with her. I told her I could redo it and ship it to the hotel. But no dice. I was most certainly not the unwilling person.

Haha can't expect love and care? I do care until someone takes it too far. And you have absolutely no idea because you've A.) never done business with me B.) never bothered to see how nice I actually am when I'm not reacting to too much whining. Even angelbabycakes can attest to the fact that I'm actually a really nice and caring person. Until I'm rubbed the wrong way and facts are falsified.

I only reacted that way because I offered to fix it and was yelled at for offering that. So before you completely vilify me I suggest you get the details.

Axelai
10-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Like i said. Only going off of the info in this thread. And from the looks of it, bitching someone out with capslocks and bold only makes you out to be an internet tough guy, and just extremely unprofessional.

Regardless of whats happened before, your attitude in this thread only shows that you're very unprofessional. Thats all i'm saying.

lunaladyoflight
10-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Because capslock and bold totally don't express anything other than OMG RAWR.

Axelai
10-19-2010, 08:06 PM
All it did was make you look like you were trying to internet shout and internet "sternly speak". If only i knew a better way to put it.

But alas, we are going off topic. I'm just stating my own opinion on the matter, really. This IS a public forum, after all.

I'm pretty much going to leave the topic now. I've made my point.

EDIT: *points to post below me* LOL last word

lunaladyoflight
10-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I was trying to stress those points.

Because giving an explanation is totally having to have the last word. I think you're a bit confused on who is the rude one here.

Oniigiri_Basket
10-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Okay, it's pretty unnecessary to go posting this after you've already posted a review in the Commissioners Review Thread. You're obviously pissed off, but no need to go posting something twice, when someone who is considering commissioning from her can just go to the review thread.

I'm not gonna go saying who's wrong or right, but this thread was obviously just an attempt to get some revenge.

kiratsukai
10-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Okay, it's pretty unnecessary to go posting this after you've already posted a review in the Commissioners Review Thread.

Uh... actually, that's how the reviews forum is supposed to work.

It's reversed now.

We've been given the forum so that we'd no longer need to put everything in a single thread and could instead isolate reviews and comments about reviews in single posts. That's why it's been broken up into sections and has a little post on the top telling you to keep requests for reviews in the thread on the top (something no one is doing).

I double post all of my new reviews - once in the commissioner's thread and once in the core forum.

I have no idea why so many people are angry at this girl for using the forum the way it's supposed to be used O-o;;

Axelai
10-21-2010, 09:15 PM

It's reversed now.

We've been given the forum so that we'd no longer need to put everything in a single thread and could instead isolate reviews and comments about reviews in single posts. That's why it's been broken up into sections and has a little post on the top telling you to keep requests for reviews in the thread on the top (something no one is doing).

I double post all of my new reviews - once in the commissioner's thread and once in the core forum.

I have no idea why so many people are angry at this girl for using the forum the way it's supposed to be used O-o;;

I was about to say the same thing. All she did was what anyone else should do

-Kitsu
10-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Hello everyone,

I am responding to this as someone who has had DJ-holla as a customer in the past. The Zexion wig in her icon was the wig commissioned. Since then she has come to me one other time for a wig but for what ever reason (I believing timing was the issue though I can't remember) she ended up going with someone else for the styling.

That being said, she has to be one of my better clients to date. When she contacted me she knew exactly what she wanted and was great about discussing with me in depth what color/images she wanted referenced exactly. There were even issues of the wig I ordered on a small gamble turned out to be odd as far as the wefts were done and by the time I was done styling it would be difficult to style into anything else. I was honestly surprised with the fact that she was fine so long as I could make it work for what she wanted.

Throughout the process she did contact me a number of times with a couple delays on my end (one was a family matter) but none of them were rude or demanding. It was an inquiry as to how the commission was coming along.

The reason I'm responding is I've experienced how she is during a commission process and it really bothers me to see her being dragged over the coals for voicing her unhappiness with a commission. Thats $200 she spent for a product to get there in time for her event and now her options are to just make it work or send it back to be reworked, who would be happy about that?

Also as someone who also take commissions I know what LunaLadyofLight is going through as well when personal life problems delay things. There's been a handful of times in the 100+ commissions I've done where I've ended up missing a deadline due to family situations/other personal life problems being dumped in my lap(hell one customer didn't get his in time because it was delayed in transit by that damn volcano in Europe). I still find it difficult to blame the customer for being upset that they're being attacked for something they could have been warned about. This even includes the difficult ones who seem to get off on making commissioners lives a living hell.

DJ Matt
10-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Now, I'm not one who commissions regularly, but after reading this thread, with all this negativity from herself, it really doesn't help the commissioner's image. She had a problem with something that was supposed to be up to good standards. Family problems do come first, I agree, but I'm sure she would have been more than understanding if you would have told her outright instead of keeping her in the dark, and instead, making something that you knew wasn't the best. I don't think it's professional to insult people, and "yell" at them via the internet. It's not going to help anybody, it's just going to hurt yourself in the end.

Another thing too, playing the "Everybody else was fine but you aren't because such and such" card is very cheap. Just because your other customers were "happy", you think you can overshadow her honest review? That's a horrible way to go about doing anything.

Chii Motosuwa
10-26-2010, 01:04 AM
I don't find the commissioner's behaviour in this professional at all. She has used the forum for its intended purpose - and it was even agreed that the wig was not up to her usual standards. It was kind of LunaLadyofLight to offer to redo the wig, but it really seems as though the communications between the two were severely lacking, even after the transaction.

Keeping the customer in the dark about family issues that may prevent the wig from being normal quality isn't the best option - If you don't feel like discussing it in detail, which is certainly understandable, a message that "personal matters" have arisen would have done the trick and given the customer more options before it got to crunch time for the convention.

The sarcasm and comments about seeing the future and being psychic were over the top, and don't lend well to a professional image. And honestly being "tired" or "pissed off" isn't an excuse - Professionalism is being able to put your personal opinions aside and deal with problems with an unbiased mindset. If you behaved that way in an office or a store, and gave the excuse that you were fed up with the customer, it's likely you'd be fired.

As redoing the wig doesn't appear to be an option, I only hope that you are able to salvage the wig you got and enjoy your convention.

evaunit01berser
10-27-2010, 12:02 AM
This thread:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u87/V46N3R/Jackson_popcorn.gif

OP's post is valid and should not have even been treated the way she is being treated.

D-holla-J
10-27-2010, 08:23 AM
I just wanted to step in and thank the people who are being kind about this. For those of you who wanted an update, we pulled off making the wig work, with some creative use of dinosaur butts- no, seriously, we cut the tails off of a couple huge toy T-Rexes and painted them and attached them securely. It lasted long enough for the convention, thank goodness.

And now, I'm bowing out of this thread for good. :) And thank you specifically to my prior commissioners who have lended support.

Cecily_unseen
10-27-2010, 03:30 PM
I know I'm a little late to the party but I'm going to open your minds as to another fail on Luneladyoflight, ready?

She claims to have 95% but that's not even mathematically accurate. She's got one bad review out of six, so that's 83%--which is really terrible. A seller on eBay with 83% is sketchy, a goalie with a save percentage of 83% is terrible, and a commissioner with 83% is unreliable.

See that? If someone is going to not tell their actually costumer satisfying percentage then maybe that in itself is a big sign that maybe you shouldn't do bussiness with them.

edit: let's not forget the little jewel I attached that someone showed me. You're going to blame ripping somone off because of a death of someone that you don't really know enought to care about? Nice try. The moral? Don't lie because someone is always watching and will expose you.

angelbabycakes
10-27-2010, 04:28 PM
I know I'm a little late to the party but I'm going to open your minds as to another fail on Luneladyoflight, ready?

She claims to have 95% but that's not even mathematically accurate. She's got one bad review out of six, so that's 83%--which is really terrible. A seller on eBay with 83% is sketchy, a goalie with a save percentage of 83% is terrible, and a commissioner with 83% is unreliable.

See that? If someone is going to not tell their actually costumer satisfying percentage then maybe that in itself is a big sign that maybe you shouldn't do bussiness with them.

edit: let's not forget the little jewel I attached that someone showed me. You're going to blame ripping somone off because of a death of someone that you don't really know enought to care about? Nice try. The moral? Don't lie because someone is always watching and will expose you.

I don't get your point as far as the funeral thing goes. She didn't lie about having to go to a funeral. She went to one...out of state, which that says and which she says in a previous post here. She never said the family member was someone super close to her. Just b/c you don't know a family member all that well doesn't mean you don't go to their funeral and pay them respect. She might have only met her a couple of times, but this person was still family -- someone in her family could have known the family member really well, like her mom. Her mom could be really upset and asked her to go with her for support. This is very common. I think your supposed "proof" is useless in this case. If she had stated that this person was close to her and she cared very deeply for her, etc. etc, then yes, this would be valid. I don't see that claim anywhere in here though.

However, your percentages are valid -- if you only count the people that posted reviews. Some people don't post reviews and come from different sites and other places. You have to take that into account as well. It is highly unlikely that every customer writes a review. If she has only commissioned six people, ever, and those six are the only ones that have posted, you would be correct in your percentages, but there isn't really a way to know that.

Just observing.

Cecily_unseen
10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
My main point was that she was wording the fact the the order was delayed as "Oh, I was to torn up to work!" Based on the screen cap; She's really torn up gaiz! (Give me a break.)

And if you read back on what I said I am only counting those who reveiwed, those who didn't review could either make the percent go down or up, but she's obviously only counting those who have reviewed as well, where else would she have gotten the bogus number? If she wasn't she would probably have claimed that everyone is happy except OP. Also from what I've seen she doesn't really put effort into her work, to me it seems she's just after money. Below I've attached an image of one of her "A+" reviews: Look closely and you can see what a sloppy job she did pulling up the ponytails on a wig that was already pre-parted. The odango are awkwardly far apart and her "signature poofy bangs" are too blunt-cut and just look amateur. Oh, and it's yellow. Just observing.

feytacos
10-27-2010, 05:21 PM
However, your percentages are valid -- if you only count the people that posted reviews. Some people don't post reviews and come from different sites and other places. You have to take that into account as well. It is highly unlikely that every customer writes a review. If she has only commissioned six people, ever, and those six are the only ones that have posted, you would be correct in your percentages, but there isn't really a way to know that.

People who also got bad wigs/costumes may not have written a review either. The point is her own numbers as quoted are off.

This behavior really speaks for itself. There is no WAY I would ever commission, or recommend someone to anyone who reacts this way to one bad review. I don't care what kind of reasoning or excuses they give, outright whining and attacking the customer instead of calmly explaining what they did to rectify the situation is unacceptable. If indeed a family emergency DID come up, there are ways to say that and emails can be exchanged with the customer before things get this bad. Anyone defending this childish babble of hers is out of their minds in my book.

I just wanted to step in and thank the people who are being kind about this. For those of you who wanted an update, we pulled off making the wig work, with some creative use of dinosaur butts- no, seriously, we cut the tails off of a couple huge toy T-Rexes and painted them and attached them securely. It lasted long enough for the convention, thank goodness.

Good for you--seems you learned new skills and can do more on your own than you previously thought. So perhaps some good came out of this, though you're still out $200 with a crap wig, which I consider a scam. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

4ng31
10-27-2010, 06:32 PM
snip

snip

Those are some pretty cool /cgl/ images there...why don't you stick to your anonymous shit talking rather than trying to be the internet super hero on another board.

And as much as I either agree or disagree with the review system here, or her personal reviews, or the quality of her products, unless you're received one of her products, you have no right to say shit.

Cecily_unseen
10-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Those are some pretty cool /cgl/ images there...why don't you stick to your anonymous shit talking rather than trying to be the internet super hero on another board.

And as much as I either agree or disagree with the review system here, or her personal reviews, or the quality of her products, unless you're received one of her products, you have no right to say shit.

Not trying to be internet super hero, trying to point out that she's a rip off for the people who haven't seen those images. Truth be told I'm only here arguing because I'm bored.

4ng31
10-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Not trying to be internet super hero, trying to point out that she's a rip off for the people who haven't seen those images. Truth be told I'm only here arguing because I'm bored.

No shit...you already quoted a post word for word from cgl, and then dumped 2 images without changing the file names...

A pathetic little troll if I don't say so myself.

And again, you have no stance to argue on. The only information you have is that OP got a shitty wig for $200 bucks...you have no idea how much her other wigs cost. For all you know, they were done on the cheap for someone.

Also, what are you, like 16? A Vocaloid cosplayer at that? What do you know about "quality" work...

Cecily_unseen
10-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Okay, I'll accept all what you said, but I will say one thing, that picture was taken 2 years ago when I was 16.

kiratsukai
10-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Also, what are you, like 16? A Vocaloid cosplayer at that? What do you know about "quality" work...

What the hell, man? >.>

Someone is being an immature dick... so the natural response is to one-up them on assholishness?

Since when does one series or age equal quality and another equal crap?

I've seen a few 16 year olds and plenty of Vocaloid costumes that would make you eat those words. I know firsthand half a dozen Vocaloid cosplayers who have spent weeks molding acrylic over stove burners, hand-beading corsets, and attatching three layered wigs to plunger-stands for gradiant dying to make pretty dramatic and amazing costumes happen. I sincerely hope you meet get to meet some of them ... maybe you have and didn't realize they were Vocaloid costumes at all.

Cecily may not have a foot to stand on ~ but kindly decline from swiping off the heads of strangers in your retaliations.

Back on topic:

The op seems satisfied having left the review.
The commissioner seems to have left the thread.
It is what it is... and most of the people still arguing this have no involvement in the transaction at all.

Can we all move on to something else? Halloween is coming ~ so pop a toffee and get ready to party.

4ng31
10-27-2010, 09:24 PM
What the hell, man? >.>

Someone is being an immature dick... so the natural response is to one-up them on assholishness?

Since when does one series or age equal quality and another equal crap?

I've seen a few 16 year olds and plenty of Vocaloid costumes that would make you eat those words. I know firsthand half a dozen Vocaloid cosplayers who have spent weeks molding acrylic over stove burners, hand-beading corsets, and attatching three layered wigs to plunger-stands for gradiant dying to make pretty dramatic and amazing costumes happen. I sincerely hope you meet get to meet some of them ... maybe you have and didn't realize they were Vocaloid costumes at all.

Cecily may not have a foot to stand on ~ but kindly decline from swiping off the heads of strangers in your retaliations.

Vocaloid costumes are a dime a dozen...and most of them come from ebay...hence the quality comment...deal with it.

And it's also a common known fact that being older generally means more experience (in terms of, well, everything). Have you been to a convention in the past year...from your statements, I would assume not.

Also, you're going to take a handful of people to counter a statement I made, that consists of hundreds of people...really? That's as absurd as the girl in here claiming to know the quality of something she's never seen before. If you're taking weeks to shape acrylic, you're doing it wrong (it's called a vacuum table). Hand beading is not in any way impressive or difficult...it's time consuming.

Feel free to call me an asshole, but tell me this...did the trolling stop? Yeah, you're welcome.

ThatBlackCat
10-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Um... is there any way to close this thread? Please? The issue has been resolved, and I see no reason for people to keep arguing.

4ng31, if you want to pick a fight, then please go make your own thread. It's really disappointing to see you being rude and demeaning other cosplayers and their efforts, especially considering what an accomplished cosplayer you are yourself. Don't forget that you were in their shoes at one point as well.

As Kiratsukai said- pop a toffee and get ready to party. :)

Oniigiri_Basket
10-27-2010, 09:52 PM

It's reversed now.

Oh, really? My bad. D: I just assumed the commissioners review thread was there so we didn't have to make separate threads, but I didn't really think it through, I guess. Sorry. D:

4ng31
10-27-2010, 10:03 PM
4ng31, if you want to pick a fight, then please go make your own thread. It's really disappointing to see you being rude and demeaning other cosplayers and their efforts, especially considering what an accomplished cosplayer you are yourself.

Actually, I was here to stop the fighting, but it seems that this kiratsukai girl has a problem with everything I say here (yes, she's done this exact same thing multiple times in the past). And I express myself as is...I don't like seeing people given/receiving bad advice or seeing people from another forum raid this one, getting away with anything (like the personal names that were posted in here, that, surprise, are still up.).

angelbabycakes
10-27-2010, 10:10 PM
My main point was that she was wording the fact the the order was delayed as "Oh, I was to torn up to work!" Based on the screen cap; She's really torn up gaiz! (Give me a break.)

And if you read back on what I said I am only counting those who reveiwed, those who didn't review could either make the percent go down or up, but she's obviously only counting those who have reviewed as well, where else would she have gotten the bogus number? If she wasn't she would probably have claimed that everyone is happy except OP. Also from what I've seen she doesn't really put effort into her work, to me it seems she's just after money. Below I've attached an image of one of her "A+" reviews: Look closely and you can see what a sloppy job she did pulling up the ponytails on a wig that was already pre-parted. The odango are awkwardly far apart and her "signature poofy bangs" are too blunt-cut and just look amateur. Oh, and it's yellow. Just observing.

That's fine. I meant it could go either way -- up or down on percentage. You seem quite rude yourself. There's no need to be to others that are sharing their opinion. The review and forum is meant to help people, not to be rude to others, which is what this whole thread has turned into.

angelbabycakes
10-27-2010, 10:22 PM
People who also got bad wigs/costumes may not have written a review either. The point is her own numbers as quoted are off.

This behavior really speaks for itself. There is no WAY I would ever commission, or recommend someone to anyone who reacts this way to one bad review. I don't care what kind of reasoning or excuses they give, outright whining and attacking the customer instead of calmly explaining what they did to rectify the situation is unacceptable. If indeed a family emergency DID come up, there are ways to say that and emails can be exchanged with the customer before things get this bad. Anyone defending this childish babble of hers is out of their minds in my book.

Good for you--seems you learned new skills and can do more on your own than you previously thought. So perhaps some good came out of this, though you're still out $200 with a crap wig, which I consider a scam. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Seems you are arguing just to argue. I was stating that the percentage of 83% is only accurate if you take the reviews that have been posted into consideration. You, nor I, nor anyone else knows if there are other customers to add to the more or less percentage factor. My point was the percentage was most likely skewed, be it up or down -- I never stated which. Maybe her "as stated" percentage is correct. You don't know the other commissions that don't have reviews though. She never stated, "Taken from all my reviews on cosplay.com, this is the percentage I gather."

I do agree with you on the second part of your post though. It is hard to commission from someone that appears to be hard to work with. That being said, some people are good with all types of personalities -- others, not so much.

I like toffee! They don't really have that as Halloween candy around here though, lol. Super excited about Halloween to see all the cute kids in their costumes! :D

feytacos
10-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Seems you are arguing just to argue.

Um, not really arguing. You seemed like you wanted to point out that it could be positive reviews waiting in the wings, just wanted to point out that it could be negatives. Though giving the general gist of this thread, and my strong negative reaction to her behavior, it could be taken that way. Eh. Internetz.

Um... is there any way to close this thread? Please? The issue has been resolved, and I see no reason for people to keep arguing.

Yeah, it's gone waaaaaaaaay off topic, probably since the second post. I can understand a few people with good intentions wanting to say they thought that making a new thread was a mistake, a mature response from the commissioner, and such, but this has turned into a whole ball of wth. Does coscom even have a report thread button, or do you need to ask a moderator?

EDIT: Derp, yeah, report POST...

Eurobeat King
10-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Does coscom even have a report thread button, or do you need to ask a moderator?

I've already PMed the mods, asking them to close it.

angelbabycakes
10-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Um, not really arguing. You seemed like you wanted to point out that it could be positive reviews waiting in the wings, just wanted to point out that it could be negatives. Though giving the general gist of this thread, and my strong negative reaction to her behavior, it could be taken that way. Eh. Internetz.

Yeah, it's gone waaaaaaaaay off topic, probably since the second post. I can understand a few people with good intentions wanting to say they thought that making a new thread was a mistake, a mature response from the commissioner, and such, but this has turned into a whole ball of wth. Does coscom even have a report thread button, or do you need to ask a moderator?

EDIT: Derp, yeah, report POST...

Lol, I meant both positive or negative in the different percentiles. ^_^ I don't think I stated either way when I was posting, but perhaps it came across that way. I'm neutral on the situation since I've not dealt with the commissioner on a business level, but I do think the work was less than fabulous, which I've stated before.

I'm surprised a mod hasn't entered in here to close it before now, lol.

EDIT: Whoa...almost accidentally double posted somehow.

Joterike
10-28-2010, 12:42 AM
I guess at this point its safe to say that her '95%' approval rating won't stay there for long. I didn't know if it was hard to realize that rudeness and immaturity to one commissioner can, in reality, pretty much crash your reputation.
I am completely shocked at the way Luna handled this, Even if a commissioner 'threatened' you that gives you no excuse to bash them on a public forum over a review.
Not to mention bash the people only giving their two cents.
Needless to say I would never do business with her just from this. Your work quality needs to be beyond perfect for someone to put up with a bad attitude.
She claims to be a professional business woman, but can't handle this situation with that experience.
Whilst saying that the death of her family member isn't an excuse, shes insisted on bringing it up several times in this thread.
Its appalling. A commissioner paid you over two hundred dollars yet you couldn't have done better with the time given. Didn't you get around Five months to do this?
In a personal opinion it seems like a scam as the materials you used look cheap. A no-refund policy should not excuse a product that looks like you slapped it together in about two hours.
I would think a partial refund would be due since you failed to put up a product with quality, if you truly strive to please your customers, then show some of that professional business woman and stop taking this like a teenage girl.

kiratsukai
10-28-2010, 03:32 AM
Sometimes the most effective bad review is to just sit back and let people make themselves look like jerks....

I third... (forth?) the closing of this pit of negativity.

Hime no Toki
10-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Since everyone has said their piece and because this looks like it will be a long-running argument on either side I'm going to close this thread.