PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find heatable polysterene vinyl

Thelvar
10-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Hello my fellow cosplayers,
I really need your help... I'm making Ed's automail arm and I want to make the hand part with craft foam but cover it with polysterene vinyl (hopefully it comes in silver). I was thinking about using wonderflex for the finger tips and the whole hand, but I don't want the hand to be bulky. I'm trying to go for a realistic look. The arm is going to be made out of black leather with Aluminum flashing (the stuff you use for roofing) riveted to it. It's going to look pretty bad ass, but I really don't want to try to bend aluminum and risk injuring myself badly when doing the fingers. I'm all for bleeding over one's work but seriously I don't need to go to the hospital you know. What would be best to complete this project? I will take everyone's idea into consideration and then do the project. I really want to get this right the first if not second time...there is ALWAYS a margin of error LOL

Richard

Dragon
10-19-2010, 07:02 AM
I'd be asking this in weapon/armor/props section. Also you might want to mention where you live or if you are looking for online shops, so people can make better suggestions.

Gypsyangelf4i
10-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Hmmm, I've yet to see Polystyrene in silver. Amethyst Angel actually covers her polystyrene in silver vinyl that you can find in some fabric stores. Have you watched her YouTube vids yet? They're very helpful.