PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Final Fantasy 10 (or any FF) cosplayers for Anime Boston

Gothic_Lulu
10-17-2002, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to know if that if anyone is here that is going to Anime Boston this April and a Final Fantasy character. This is my first time cosplaying and I just wanted to know if anyone wants to form a group (for maybe a skit or something. I am going as Lulu and I hope that I can find out about more people before the convention.

Jess aka Gothic Lulu

kitty_neko
10-17-2002, 10:09 PM
i MIGHT have my lulu costume done by then.....but i highly doubt it.... and if u dont want doubles then im not any help at all XP

i'll just have to wait an c how things work out....

Koumori
10-17-2002, 11:08 PM
Well, I'm planning to have Wedding Yuna done for then. I was just going to do a catwalk entry in the contest, since I have no talent for skits at all, but if somebody wants to come up with a skit that could use me, I'd be happy to participate. Heck, I'd even make a different/additional outfit if you needed somebody else.

But not Rikku. I don't wear hot pants and you can thank me for that.

Sami
10-17-2002, 11:23 PM
I might bring Red XIII but it's not entirely certain yet. ^^;

TyJILDown
10-18-2002, 01:01 AM
I highly doubt I will bring my Lulu costume to this con but if you want a whole herd of them, I'm avaliable.

Meiotika
10-18-2002, 01:33 AM
Is the con in Boston a nice one? You might say that I have family down there, and I was wondering if it would be worth it to pay them a visit in April. I'll have an Aeris costume by then, and if you need a Quistis, I could cosplay as her easily. Although I don't really like Quistis, I bear some semblance to her, in my opinion. I'll even include a photo -- I just took it on my webcam. :D

Koumori
10-18-2002, 07:40 AM
We don't know. It's the first time they've ever done it. Check them out at www.animeboston.com.

Oshi
10-18-2002, 02:59 PM
*raises hand* I'll be Seifer up there.

Gothic_Lulu
10-18-2002, 03:45 PM
Um.....I signed up for a catwalk but I just wanted to see if anyone was interested in a skit.... or something I am a bit shy I admit but I think I would be able to do it with other people. Maybe just a big Final Fantasy group......(i have not really though of any ideas yet)....

I am trying to convince my friends to come but most of them are not into anime and if I do get some of them to come the won't cosplay. *cries*

Anyway I look forward to meeting you all! Wow.....I can't believe that you would wear a costume with my situation in mind. You are all very nice!

Also I don't do hotpants either.....they are evil ........

-Gothic Lulu:devil:

rainydaylulu
10-18-2002, 10:13 PM
hmmm...i am thinking of maybe going, if i can work up the guts and a costume. i'm making a lulu costume, but i don't plan on wearing that. there are too many lulus running around...i just like the dress and have places to wear it. :)

i could do yuna, or another FF character like rinoa or something.

i've never actually been to a con...and i do make costumes, but this whole cosplaying thing is new. i'm a little nervous about going to a con for the first time, so it would be cool to have people to hang with - and not make fun of me for doing an FF character.

jilly-cat.

Gothic_Lulu
10-19-2002, 02:39 PM
Hi!:p

Hey, you should come :bouncer:. It is going to be alot of fun. It is going to be my first con and first time cosplaying too and it is sort of imtimidating :eek: but you have to remeber to have fun. I don't think anyone will make fun of you for wearing a Final Fantasy costume......if they do I will *ahem* have a word with them (never cross a girl playing a sorceress *evil laugh*)....:devil:

I hope to meet ya at the con!

Sami
10-19-2002, 02:47 PM
I will probably wear Red XIII on Sunday, and if you need me to be in a skit or something, I'd be more than happy to oblige. ^_^ I could also play the part of Kingdom Hearts Squall if that'd fit in the skit better. ^_^ (Hey, just another excuse to re-try my gunblade!)

I'll be there Saturday too, as Katan from Angel Sanctuary, so I'll look for you all! :) :) Very excited about this con!

Studmaster
10-19-2002, 02:54 PM
Would a Generic, over the Counter Knight suffice if I was able to get it done?

Gothic_Lulu
10-19-2002, 03:27 PM
Wow...Sami....You have a Red XIII costume....I have never seen one before......how cool :skidude2: ! (I admire your talent.......:o )

Sure generic over the counter knights are accepted (lets try to get as many people as possible!)....the more the merrier......after we get as many people as posible we have to come up with an actual script.

So if anyone wants to attempt to be in a skit just tell me.....I am sure collectively we can think of some interesting ideas :D .

Sami
10-19-2002, 05:27 PM
>Wow...Sami....You have a Red XIII costume....I have never seen one before......how cool ! (I admire your talent....... )

Aa, thankyou! ^^; It's really just a lot of creative liberties in putting together the "human form" I guess.. there are parts of it I would definitely like to do over if I were to wear it in a skit, but the costume itself was actually very easy to do so it'd take no time! ^_^ (That and it's VERY fun to wear!)

I'd definitely love to help; keep us posted on ideas and stuff!

Gothic_Lulu
10-19-2002, 10:54 PM
I definetly will....I think we should try to get as many people as possible than maybe we could brainstorm something.;)

Something Lulu
10-23-2002, 12:30 PM
It seems like there's a large quantity of Lulus who could make it to Anime Boston. :D My costume has been through two cons on the east coast and needs some serious maintenance done before AX '03, but I could have it fixed up by April. If you were thinking of doing a skit, maybe having tons of Lulus can be incorporated into it. (just a thought!)

Gothic_Lulu
10-23-2002, 01:42 PM
*in Mr. Burns tone* Excellent....

Yeah! That is a spiffy idea!:p Also though.....I wanted to see if there are also people not dressed like Lulu so maybe we can work it in.....

We have some time to think about it too! A lot actually!

I went on the www.animeboston.com forums and posted and there seems to be one group (different final fantasy character though) that are going......i replyed but they already had a Lulu and I doubt that they wanted two.....so thats why I want to try to organize one myself! Maybe in a script that would not affect who could join......

but I do smell.....Photo Ops!

But yes....maybe we could form a Lulu group....Do you know of anyone else that is interested?

-Gothic Lulu

Gothic_Lulu
10-23-2002, 01:43 PM
Oh I forgot!

NICE COSTUME!!!!!!!!!!

Me like!!!!!

Shadra D
10-23-2002, 07:04 PM
As far as I know, my friends should still be doing a group cosplay of Young Auron, Jecht, and Braska at AnimeBoston o_o

Gothic_Lulu
10-23-2002, 07:14 PM
Well.....once I am done fully organizing things (like who actually wants to come and be part of a group) if you like you can join us.

Don't feel any pressure though! Do water ever you want ^-^!

Hope to meet ya!

Something Lulu
10-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Well I'm definately up for it. I talked to my friend in MA today and she said it sounds fun. And Lulu is my favorite costume (despite how annoying it is) so I'll have that with me. Lulu is such a cool character, so I think it would be cool (esp. for the photo ops! :D ) to do a group that has a whole lot of Lulus. If we put together a skit I'm sure we could come up with something really interesting involving a whole lot of one character, although having other characters from it would probably add to it even more. I dunno, maybe Lulu gets cloned (not a bad thing, since she's so cool) or something...I dunno. :confused: Just throwing out ideas here. :thumbsup: But anyway, I am definately interested in doing some kind of skit or at least an FF group or Lulu group. (I've got a Tifa costume, too, if necessary.)

-Something...Lulu

Gothic_Lulu
10-23-2002, 07:32 PM
SPIFFY!!!!!:bouncer:

Throwing around ideas is great! A cloning idea is a pretty cool idea!

Yay, this will be my first con so things are already looking good.

Lulu is the coolest. Downright best FF character.

Tifa outfit! She is my second fav! Then would come Edea!

Yeah....if you know anyone else that is going to be Lulu.....try to bribe them into coming:D . *evil laugh*

Something Lulu
10-23-2002, 08:40 PM
A bunch of ppl at the beginning of this thread said they had Lulu costumes ::raises eyebrows and looks around::... Maybe we should put out a call for all the Lulus of the world lol

Gothic_Lulu
10-23-2002, 08:43 PM
LOL thats actually what i am doing now.....I am taking down all the names and i will email them!

ReiChan
10-23-2002, 08:49 PM
I have a Lulu costume, but I'm not sure whether I can make it to Anime Boston or not. It depends on how much schoolwork I have going on at the time.

TyJILDown
10-23-2002, 09:00 PM
I was Lulu at AXNY...don't know if I will be bringing my costume to AnimeBoston, got a long way to go. If I don't have two costumes done by then I will. There's a bunch of pics of me on this site, I was the one with the Mog plushie at AXNY, I attached a pic of me in the costume ^^

Gothic_Lulu
10-23-2002, 09:05 PM
I love the trim!!! it is so pretty!

We do have a long way to go so then me when whenever if you still want to be in a group.

Something Lulu
10-23-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
I was Lulu at AXNY...

I remember you! I live in New York but there was no way I was trekking on the train in costume or carrying them. I also couldn't get my hair straightened, and it was rainy anyway. :mad: Your costume was great though. I like how you managed to add color to a potentially dark costume. I don't know how I'm getting out to Boston yet but I managed to bring my Lulu costume to California and back twice this summer so I figure moving it a little ways north isn't too much of a problem.

This falls during Spring Break for me so I'm lucky. (I checked my schedule today :) )

-Something...Lulu

Gothic_Lulu
11-02-2002, 10:09 AM
My friend thought I should have some Kingdom Hearts characters in my group too......I mean....they really are part of the Final Fantasy universe......so if you know anyone and they are intrested tell me.....

As soon as i can get all the ppl that want to be in a group I can start arranging other things....;)

Koumori
11-02-2002, 12:54 PM
Looks like I may not be in a position to do a group after all, mostly because I don't want to ditch the non-cosplaying friend who's coming with me.. though from looking at the AB website it seems there will at least be a photo session for any FF people.. can't recall which day/time, but it's up on the forum boards somewhere there.

Anime_kidd2k2
11-03-2002, 07:58 PM
im going to animeboston as zell from ff8! yay! final fantasy people!