10-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Name of Product:
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream

Where Purchased:
Sephora

Cost:
$22 US / $25 CAD

Product Description:
Aqua Cream combines the highest-quality pigments with mother of pearl particles to give immediate rich color payoff with a luminous finish in just one application. It's long-lasting formulation will not crease or smudge under the most extreme conditions and its creamy and elastic texture allows for easy blending.

Pros:

Extremely pigmented! I don't think any powder eye shadow will give as much color payoff without having indecent quantities applied on your eyelids. You just need to apply a little bit too.

Once dry, the color will not smudge. You can rub it all you want and it simply won't move. I think it's a great advantage for cosplayers since conventions tend to be hot and can make us sweat. No worries with this eye shadow.

Many colors available. I bought the #8 Red color which is not an easy color to find in eye shadows. Actually, some shades are formulated to be lip/cheek colors, but it works just as fine for your lids.

A little goes a long way.

Cons:

A bit pricey, but I think it will last a long time (see Pros #4).

It dries quickly and once dry the color won't move, so you have to do any blending rather fast.

Overall Rating: 9

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/_nav/P262109_hero.jpg

fechan
10-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Actually, some shades are formulated to be lip/cheek colors, but it works just as find for your lids.

The thing about some colours being marketed for lips and other not is only in North America. In Europe they are all marketed for the whole face. It's because of some of the ingredients that, by North American regulations, are advised not to be used in sensitive areas (such as around the eyes).
I've been using their bright pink (which is marketed for lips) on my eyelids since the product was released a few months ago; I have extremely sensitive skin and had no problems.

That aside, I second this review. It's a wonderful product that comes in many hard to find eyeshadow shades. The colours are pretty much what you see is what you get; if it's that bright in the pot, it will be that bright on your face even if you only use one thin layer.

Finally, most colours have a little bit of sparkle in them. For example, the pink I use has a little bit of gold sparkles. I can hide them with pink powder over the cream but they are very subtle.

Ani_BEE
10-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes liners and Aqua Lips liners are my favorite trade secret for body are as well. They to share the same pro and cons but when your drawing line the slightly more speedy dry time is a plus.

Another Plus is that they have a longer shelf life then the Aqua Creams so keep that in mind.

I used the RED Aqua Lip for my red Queen heart lipstick and it lasted all day with out budging. It's $17 US and $19 CAN but they do come out with value packs for minis if you want more shades for less $.

Flash Colors from MUFE are being phased out in favor of the Aqua Creams which is shame because they are lovely rich grease paints that will wear for a full day once set with a powder. I used Turquoises for my Red Queen's eyeshadow and it didn't budge all day either. They are more glossy with no pearl in them.

It's $18US and $20CAN, you can get a 12 Flash Color Case for $95 US.

Aqua Creams remind of of MAC paint pots be these apply better and you get a bit more product. The are all frost so if you want a matte colour your out of luck but you can tone it down with applying a matte shadow over it.

Hielostar
04-13-2011, 11:35 AM
The thing about some colours being marketed for lips and other not is only in North America. In Europe they are all marketed for the whole face. It's because of some of the ingredients that, by North American regulations, are advised not to be used in sensitive areas (such as around the eyes).
I've been using their bright pink (which is marketed for lips) on my eyelids since the product was released a few months ago; I have extremely sensitive skin and had no problems.

Good to know - since I was a little sad to see that some of the shades I would have picked up were marked for lips/cheeks rather than eyes. I really enjoy the one I picked up at Sephora (#18 - purple). I use it a lot for my daily makeup as a base for other eyeshadow color to help them stand out more.