PDA

View Full Version : Cosplayer Swap Meet for New England/Northeastern Cosplayers?

Ang
10-07-2003, 07:36 PM
I was thinking today, as I was folding up some fabric remnants, that "Gee, I would really like to get rid of some of this stuff. It's too much and too good to throw out but I don't think I'll use it again."

So, in my moment of genius, thought of the idea of a Cosplayer Swap Meet. A very informal event in which we rent a large room at a hotel, set up some tables and swap old goods for new goods. We all have that stock of wigs, fabric, patterns, findings and notions we will probably never use or wear again, so this is our chance to get rid of it! I figure it could probably be a one day event, somewhere in the Northeast since that's where I live. (Though the idea should spread quickly to other areas I hope!)

Those who are interested can join the New England Cosplayers Mailing List (see signature), email me directly, or simply reply to this post and we can get something rolling.

Thanks!
-Ang-

JacksUsername
10-09-2003, 10:51 AM
hmm, this does sound like a good idea, unfortunatly i wouldn't really have much to swap at the time, just a few small things...i'll keep my eye out for news on it ^_^

Michieru
10-09-2003, 01:38 PM
I just subscribed and all for it. I also posted an idea for a possible Halloween Cosplay we all could get together on.

Ang
10-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Yup, I saw your post. ^_^ Welcome to the NE_COSP list! Unfortunately I have plans for Halloween, but I'm sure that there are others who would be interested.

I found out that through my friends at URI, I can probably get a room there for free for the swap meet, so I will keep the thread informed.