PDA

View Full Version : Private photo-shoot for Blizzcon

Pashko
10-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey cosplayers! Its almost Blizzcon!!! I cant wait to see all the awesome work you guys have put into your costumes. As you are all aware there is a massive photo-shoot by the fountain on Friday, but I feel that an hour is too little time. I would love to take some one on one photos. Close up if you guys are comfortable with that? I went to Blizzcon last year as someone who just picked up a DSLR and had no idea what I was doing. I have since upgraded, and learned a considerable bit, and would love to do some personal shots. If anyone is interested in this please email me! I can give you my phone number and we can meet up.

Here is a link to my photos from last year (dont laugh, I know some of them are bad).
http://pashko.smugmug.com/Video-Games/Blizzcon-2009/
Please look at some of my more recent photos to get a better idea of my photography. I love close up portrait shots.

Email me if you have any questions, concerns or ideas! I have never really done a photo-shoot so its all new to me! THIS IS NOT FOR MONEY!!! I just love taking photos. Thanks again everyone and good luck on all of your costumes!

-Kris Pashko
krispashko@gmail.com

LeslieCrystal
10-20-2010, 12:11 PM
You took one of my all-time favorite pictures ever (http://pashko.smugmug.com/Video-Games/Blizzcon-2009/DSC0286/897066807_byVkM-L.jpg). For whatever reason, I had saved your name as Myoko? Sorry.

Since I won't be in the costume contest, I'd love personal pics! I'll hoot you an email in a bit.

Pashko
10-20-2010, 12:24 PM
You took one of my all-time favorite pictures ever (http://pashko.smugmug.com/Video-Games/Blizzcon-2009/DSC0286/897066807_byVkM-L.jpg). For whatever reason, I had saved your name as Myoko? Sorry.

Since I won't be in the costume contest, I'd love personal pics! I'll hoot you an email in a bit.

Haha thank you! Ya, my WoW character is Myoko. I have recieved a ton of positive feedback on your picture. It would be awesome to shoot for you. Your partner and you really pulled off the look well!

I am in class right now so I will check my mail when I get out for break. It really means a lot to hear feedback from the cosplayers I shoot.

AnimeGamer
10-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey, mind passing the EXIF info on some of your pictures? Some of the shots you took at last year's BlizzCon have a really cool look to them - they have that soft pale color look with the dark overtones that looks really great.

EDIT - Nevermind, managed to get the EXIF info from one of the pictures.

Reformed Tomboy
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
I'd be up for a shoot as well. I'm not certain when, maybe just before or after the big shoot? I plan on staying there until I have to report back stage.

Tonksie
10-20-2010, 04:09 PM
I'd also be up for a shoot! I'm only planning on dressing up on friday, and it'd have to be before the contest, but I'd love some good pics.

SvK
10-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Hey, mind passing the EXIF info on some of your pictures? Some of the shots you took at last year's BlizzCon have a really cool look to them

That's post-processing. You won't find it in the EXIF data.

AnimeGamer
10-20-2010, 09:14 PM
That's post-processing. You won't find it in the EXIF data.

So he used photoshop? o.O

Pashko
10-20-2010, 11:23 PM
I used Lightroom. Thats about all the editing I do.

Fiendle
10-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Hey, are you the same Myoko that contacted me on my guild's website after Blizzcon last year? I was dressed as Grand Widow in '09, and this year I was Lady Deathwhisper.

I feel really sad that I missed the fountain shoot, I would have loved to get some individual pics, as well as ones with everyone. Unfortunately, I had several last minute costume emergencies that needed to be remedied and added before the contest, and by the time I made it to my hotel it was about 2:30. :'( Hope you were able to get some good shots!

Pashko
10-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Hey, are you the same Myoko that contacted me on my guild's website after Blizzcon last year? I was dressed as Grand Widow in '09, and this year I was Lady Deathwhisper.

I feel really sad that I missed the fountain shoot, I would have loved to get some individual pics, as well as ones with everyone. Unfortunately, I had several last minute costume emergencies that needed to be remedied and added before the contest, and by the time I made it to my hotel it was about 2:30. :'( Hope you were able to get some good shots!

Yes, I am the same Myoko haha. I am sorry to hear about your costume. I was looking for you at the fountain and got worried when you didnt show. I did see your costume on stage and it looked amazing though! I will be there with my camera tomorrow so I will be on the lookout haha.