PDA

View Full Version : Specific Cosplay Type Location Help

Sheik of Shadow
10-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey you guys. I'm doing 2 costumes that I need some serious location photo shoot help with. 1 is visual kei based, the other is a vampire outfit. The vampire, I can probably do in a cemetery or something like that...but I've never done a visuel kei based costume before, AND done a shoot for it. So any ideas as to types of locations that would be good for that kind of costume? All help is welcomed ^.^

MissMishap
02-12-2011, 01:47 PM
A place in a moderatley big city at night~ {One with alot of streetlights} Idk why, but I think it'd look nice there.

freyja3120
04-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I agree with the street idea, perhaps near neon lights?

A club could be a cool idea, though I imagine sort of hard to do properly.

Otherwise, for some reason, I picture visual kei looking really cool in a sort of dreary, grey background, perhaps an alley near your brightly lit street?

Mr Firefly
04-03-2011, 06:25 PM
If you don't live in or near a big city with lots of lights, if you can find some place with concrete even, that could be nice. Or put yourself on an empty road on an overcast day. (Visual Kei does give a dreary feel sometimes)

-If there's still snow in your area, that might make a nice backdrop too.
-And never underestimate the power of fences of any kind.

levelsixtyseven
04-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Going to a city and getting the city backdrop is a good idea like everyone said above. But keep in mind anything and everything can be a photo shoot location. So concrete walls and ground, wood floors, and grass make awesome backdrops that are neutral enough that it can be awesome for Visual Kei photos.

Somewhere industrial and modern for photos. Maybe a metal fence or a in process construction house with pipes are always fun.

Just throwing out some ideas

errido
07-31-2011, 09:06 PM
I suggest you to get a backdrop and some lights.......and go around taking pictures and photoshop it.........
backdrops on ebay have good price