PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a Victorian corset workshop?

Hazel Chaz
10-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Hello there. I'm the corresponding secretary for Costumer's Guild West, Inc., and I have a question for all of the historical costumers here.

Would there be any interest in a Southern California workshop that would teach you how to make a Victorian corset? You'd come ready to learn, you'd leave with the beginnings of your own corset and an understanding of how to finish it. Say that there was a modest materials charge for it.

And perhaps we could teach about the other undergarments that would go along with that.

We also have people who can teach you how to put your hair up in Victorian styles (short answer: lots of bobby pins). In fact, there's enough brainpower in the CGW to put on a whole weekend of this kind of tutorial...

But before I ask our Board to move forward on it, I'd like to give them a quick head count of who from Cosplay.com would leap at this kind of thing.

What say you all?

[Full disclosure: I also chair an anime convention, but that has nothing to do with this project.]

MadnessHarness
10-22-2010, 05:57 AM
Personally I would be completly down for this. As an avid performer in the Dickens Christmas faire, a tutorial like that would be invaluable for me and for a few people I know. Even though I live in Nor-cal I would still try and make it down to So-cal for that.

myalchod
10-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Quite possibly! It's a drive for me down into that area so a lot depends on timing, but I'd definitely be interested in seeing more details. :) (Depends on the level too; I've done some corsetry work, but I'm always game to learn more.)

Amalaa
10-26-2010, 05:01 AM
I would love to learn myself and I'm at the northern end of socal so location is perfect for me!!!

Blahsblah2001
11-13-2010, 07:44 PM
I live in Maine, so don't count me in, but the idea sounds totally cool!

abbie17
11-18-2010, 12:49 AM
If it happens, you can be sure I'll be there! I love this idea - both corset part and the hairstyling part.

Tonksie
11-18-2010, 10:29 AM
I live in orange county, and I would LOVE this. I'm a beginning sewer though, would this be appropriate for all levels of sewing, or would it be more of an advanced class?

Fainne Roisin
11-22-2010, 01:57 AM
I would love it, but I'm on the wrong coast.

SakuraxTsubasa
02-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I would love it, but I'm on the wrong coast.

Same here. And I got really excited.....
Do you think it would be possible to have one in NY? :P I'm close to there! Sort of...but I can get there.

IAmShorty
02-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Oh, this sounds awesome! I may be moving to California very soon(Like 2 months soon), but I don't know.