PDA

View Full Version : Review: Ykta

Chibi_Kimu<3
10-22-2010, 02:50 PM
I think I got scammed. I placed a ad in the Marketplace to get my boots made. I paid $65 to get them done and I have yet to hear from her. I placed the ad on October 1st, I specified I needed it as a rush job and they have to be done by the 28th. I emailed her numerous times and got no response. Anyone familiar with this person?

Here's her profile...
http://www.cosplay.com/member/237354/

sailortintin
10-22-2010, 03:20 PM
I received a Pm from her for an ad I posted. I was going to accept but then I notice the pictures on her profile are from this user.

http://www.cosplay.com/member/168670/

Similar names but different countries. When I Pm her (Ykta) about it, she didn't answer me. My guess is that she's a scammer using another person's photos.

Chibi_Kimu<3
10-22-2010, 03:48 PM
I know! I searched her profile and found one in Russia and one in the US! The US one was too obvious. Sadly I fell for the con and this was my first time being scammed which sucks. I did get in touch with my bank and they will work on getting my money back in 10 days. They will contact paypal as well. I am very hopeful that this will be resolved. I will do a better job in researching these people though.

who-chan-ok
10-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I would only make payments through paypal just so I can dispute charges, I even do this for stores as sometimes their policies are irrational and I often can dispute and get my money back from paypal.

Codename Otacon
10-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Did you guys contact the Real person, telling her that someone is stealing her photos?

sailortintin
10-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Did you guys contact the Real person, telling her that someone is stealing her photos?

I tried to when I first found out but she doesn't accept Pms.

Codename Otacon
10-26-2010, 10:53 PM
I tried to when I first found out but she doesn't accept Pms.

Then leave a comment on one of her photos with a link.

sailortintin
10-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Then leave a comment on one of her photos with a link.

Can't believe I never though of that~

Codename Otacon
10-27-2010, 10:41 AM
You should also PM to Admin or one of the mods about this Faker and Scamming people. They "SHOULD" know about this person so they can banned her/him.

Chibi_Kimu<3@ Sorry that you got scammed by this Faker.

M_Fujiwara
11-18-2010, 10:01 PM
How is this person not banned for scamming?

Yui
11-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Please be sure to thoroughly read reviews here and see sellers' past conduct on the forums and galleries to know if you can trust them. (And yes, using Paypal is another good suggestion to stay safe.) The Marketplace is a "use at your own risk" environment, and is not moderated like the rest of the site.

...However, people stealing other member's photos &/or impersonating other cosplayers is bannable. If you see this happen again, be sure to report it right away.

Yonbi
01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
** Just copy and pasting my own post: Kind of reminds me of the situation I'm in. Except I have no contact with the commissioner, her "other" account has been deleted, and I've sent several emails without any answers. Blegh, leaves a bad taste in my mouth for ever commissioning something again. Has anyone else ever commissioned something from Ytka (otherwise known as Ytka Matilda, her new account) Not sure if its' a coincidence that she's turned off the option to receive PM's.

I think my only option is to bombard her costume comments with questions as to why I haven't received my costume and/or my money back.

-shakes fist- It was my first time commissioning. Everything seemed to be going well until we lost touch, and my emails weren't answered. Now, its' been a month and a half--so, watch out folks!

Sadly, I fell for it, too. Argh. Worst feeling ever. Anyhow. Does anyone know whether or not its' a scammer stealing someone else' pictures, or just another account by the same person? I find it strange that the Ytka Matilda account has chosen not to receive PM's? Why not? Maybe, I'm just being paranoid.

Chibi_Kimu<3: D'you know the procedure for contacting paypal? Or is there nothing I can do about the lost money?