PDA

View Full Version : Ny to the Otakon

Inque
10-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Is anyone here going from New York-new Jersey Area to Otakon...I plan on going...since Im an overly hyper person sometimes I like traveling with lots of people...

So if anyone is going...maybe we could all talk about going together...unless your driving...id drive...but im only 16 x.x and my sister would do it but my parents wont lt her have the car...

So how is everyone getting there??

TheAnarCHris
10-16-2003, 11:06 PM
Stick to the NYO! boards, we're all NYers

Logomachist
04-17-2004, 01:56 AM
Stick to the NYO! boards, we're all NYers
What are these NYO boards of which you speak?

Rinoa1022
04-17-2004, 01:16 PM
i plan on going down on thurs by train probably. still have to work that out thou but im crazy hyper too hehe!

Kira_Yamato
04-19-2004, 02:20 AM
I'm gonna be coming down from NJ as well. Looks like Amtrak for me, though.

orchidsnv
05-05-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm going down from Long Island. It's actually cheaper for me to fly Southwest than to take Amtrack, so that's what I'm doing. Last year I went by Amtrack though and it wasn't bad at all. The train was on time, which is something I'm not used to with Amtrack and the ride was comfortable.

Rinoa1022
05-05-2004, 10:28 PM
im now thinking about greyhound. Its only about 80$ for a round trip which isnt too bad.

sephygoth
05-14-2004, 09:59 AM
im now thinking about greyhound. Its only about 80$ for a round trip which isnt too bad. and I'm gonna be coming down from NJ as well. Looks like Amtrak for me, though.
Hey, a few of us are actually snagging the train from Boston
on Thurs night, heard it swings by Penn Station at 10pm. Actually
started a thread in case more Bostonians were going thata way. Have a friend
coming down from Vermont by bus and hates it! So many stops and nowhere to wander. Got caught in traffic once. So yeah, we brainstormed and others
thought it was a sweet idea.
Student ID gets ya a small discount!

KuroBara
05-14-2004, 10:08 AM
I'm driving this year, but I've taken the Greyhound from Port Authority before. It's not too bad, but sometimes the bus has been very late (~3 hours) on the return trip.

fireyoukai16
06-05-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm going down from Long Island. It's actually cheaper for me to fly Southwest than to take Amtrack, so that's what I'm doing. Last year I went by Amtrack though and it wasn't bad at all. The train was on time, which is something I'm not used to with Amtrack and the ride was comfortable.
Hey ^^ Im going to Otakon from Long Island too ^^
Your from Massapequa???? lol im from Bethpage..so close ne?! ;P

AeonisPi
06-05-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm in NJ and i'm hitching a ride down with a friend.. lucky me.. if else.. I'll be on greyhound too

orchidsnv
06-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Hey ^^ Im going to Otakon from Long Island too ^^
Your from Massapequa???? lol im from Bethpage..so close ne?! ;P

Yeah, that is close. I hate having to find a way down there, but it's worth the trip in the end. ;)

Kross
06-08-2004, 03:56 PM
hey, im driving to Otakon from Westbury on Long Island. i did it last year, it was a pretty fun ride XD

Leon_Redfield
06-10-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm coming from NY. And I live pretty far from the other LI'ers here >.< I live in Crap-tacular Mastic. Anime fans population....like....30..in the entire town.

Chiri
06-21-2004, 12:35 PM
I also live on Long Island (Southampton! X_X) and I am carpooling with about four other of my friends, we're driving there. Whoopie! We did the same thing last year. Two other of my friends are going as well, they are driving too :P
I can't decide who I want to carpool with! Rofl

Kulluan77
06-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Hiya Chiri!! 8) My bro and I would be those other two driving in from Long Island. Going to be my first true anime convention (I-Con was mixed) so should be a lot of fun 8).

nexgenjetta
06-21-2004, 12:57 PM
how long of a drive from nyc, may drive we'll see

Kulluan77
06-21-2004, 02:38 PM
how long of a drive from nyc, may drive we'll see

Just under 4 hours from Deer Park, NY about 1/3 the way out into Long Island. Checked it out on mapquest 8)

trigunvash
06-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Dont forget to factor in traffic etc depending on time of day you leave or plan to arrive in Baltimore.

nexgenjetta
06-21-2004, 08:48 PM
4 hours thats rough espicaly since i live like an hour away from the city but we'll see when it gets closer to the con. i'll post if i decide to drive , i don't mind driving other people as long as u throw in for gas

Poop_Skittle
07-05-2004, 01:58 AM
hmm.... I'm thinking on going but as of now only 1 of my friends will go with me, and we have yet to get a ride o.o; but I suddenly realized I really wanna go this year, so now I'm like holly crappers I need to get shiiii happening o.o;;; so now I look for a ride/people to room with, if you're interested in sharing do tell ^^ e-mail me or something, 'cause I joined like... right now when I found out about this place, anyway I'm ranting now so... I'll go away

kirillian
07-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi- if you need a ride- we have seats open on the NYC Otabus- please read my post on the board (new thread) Thx!

small_lady
07-20-2004, 06:48 PM
i live on Long Island too me and my friends might be takeing the train how many people are takeing the train thare???

trigunvash
07-20-2004, 07:21 PM
I think a lot of people plan to take the train from NY to Otakon (probably different times). If you live in Long Island you'll have to head over to Penn Station in Manhattan, or take the LIRR (Long Island Railroad) into NYP and transfer to a southbound amtrak train to Baltimore.

Blue Sasarai
07-21-2004, 02:42 PM
thanks rinoa1022 for the idea!, i didnt even think of greyhound. ive been thinking about going on the train but its very expensive, and im coming from boston. well hope to see some people on the same train, chat chat chat lol
but i should look into the greyhound thing, more money to save. ^_^

trigunvash
07-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Oh you're coming in from boston?
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=34661

Biku-Chan
07-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Oh my gosh... I live on Long Island... but I cannot go to Otakon. ;.; I don't have a ride or the money, and I really wanted to go to. I'm pissed off that they cancelled BAAF too...

AnimeAngelBlue
07-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Anyone still looking for a ride to baltimore? I have 3 available seats left on a bus 40$ round trip leaving thursday.... from NYC, Long Island and Jersey....

Please if your interested pm me or email me ^_^

Slrmer@optonline.net ^_^

-Jae

trigunvash
07-26-2004, 12:52 PM
BAAF cancelled, now thats something we can blame on the republicans lol.

bgulizia
07-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Oh my gosh... I live on Long Island... but I cannot go to Otakon. ;.; I don't have a ride or the money, and I really wanted to go to. I'm pissed off that they cancelled BAAF too...

I'm in NJ and have available seating in my car (granted it's not a BIG car). If you or anyone else needs a ride, let me know asap. I don't know about coming all the way up to long island, but perhaps we can meet at one of the train stops. I'm further south than any of the train stops, but I could come north a bit to pick people up. The northeast corridor from Penn Station ends at Point Pleasant so I could come up to there. I'm planning on getting to otakon pretty early on Friday since I didn't get a chance to preregister.

-bg

p.s. No money is required, unless you want to donate for gas, since I was going down there anyway.

BubonicMoose
03-01-2005, 12:34 PM
We're driving, but we're leaving from Massachusetts. I imagine we could pick up people on the way down, but I don't know if we could really afford to go a couple of hours out of the way to fetch someone in deep New York or something, ya know? We're very open to collecting people along the way, though. We picked up someone from a submarine base on the way to AnimeUSA last year. ^_^

khando
03-08-2005, 12:10 AM
from the city.. still looking for group to join (hotel $) and possible ride (2 people me and my friend), anyone else?

Thanks

Vespaa
03-13-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm most likely going to Otakon this year, provided I can find/afford rooming and travel accomodations. My b/f could drive us, but neither of us want him to put that much mileage on his nice car. >.< So were considering alternative methods.

He lives in Long Island, and I live in Westchester, so I'm not sure where we'd be leaving from, but were keeping our eyes peeled now. Any suggestions? ^^;

Chiri
03-13-2005, 09:11 AM
DaQiao: I can't offer any rides or anything, but I just wanted to comment on your post ;p. I live on Long Island as well, as well as my bf and his brother (whom I met on Cosplay.com the same exact way). I don't get to see very many people who say their from the island, so it's neat when I do find someone! XD;; *skitters away*

Vespaa
03-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Hey Chiri. ^^ And yes, Long Island doesn't seem to have a large anime/cosplay group from what I've noticed. >.<;

AnimeAngelBlue
03-13-2005, 08:22 PM
NYC Bus to Otakon ^_^

http://www.lunchtrayninja.com/otakon/

As for long island... there are quite a few of us... quite as it is....

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/licosplay

however I'm kinna leaving... so the groups been really quite lately... ((moving upstate.... ;-;))

khando
03-14-2005, 05:50 PM
forget tat, I aint paying for no otakon bus.. might as well take greyhund

AnimeAngelBlue
03-14-2005, 07:00 PM
except for the fact that greyhound is twice as much.... and twice as long of a trip....

khando
03-14-2005, 07:43 PM
not really twice only $10 more + Thurs 2:30 too early me

Rinoa1022
03-31-2005, 11:00 PM
links not working but id so be up for the bussing!

Cobbler
04-03-2005, 06:29 PM
links not working but id so be up for the bussing!

http://www.lunchtrayninja.com/otakon/

Payment needs to be in the hands of the organizer by April 6th or we lose the reservation rights for the bus. Looks like there are still spaces left.

UsagiNoSenshi
04-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Driving isn't that bad. I live in Buffalo NY and we drove from there once, took over 8 hours. Last year I went to my Bf's house in Pelham (near Westchester i believe) and it took less than 4 hours, and we stopped for lunch too.... I think we left at 11 and got there way before pre reg was open. Traffic wasn't bad once you get away from the city. So i'd say drive if you can, it's cheap and you have a car in Baltimore ^^;

Chiri
04-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Hey, I see bunches of LI-ers here ;p I'm from LI too. Woo!!

Has anybody thought about going on the Otabus?
http://www.lunchtrayninja.com/otakon

9 seats left if memory serves...
Greg (Cosplay.com username: Ciello) was able to give in the down payment... now it would be great to get the rest of the seats filled in (the list is on the site).

Who else is from LI here?!? *curious* :bashful:

Leon_Redfield
04-11-2005, 03:45 PM
I am :D But I still dunno if I can get my arse to Otakon.

Chiri
04-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Ohhh man! I hope you can go
And I just realised I posted in this forum awhile ago and I never even realised it.... :thumbsup:

Chiri
04-11-2005, 06:41 PM
As for the Otakon Bus, here is the latest news emailed to me from Greg himself.

Hi everyone!
As of a few minutes ago, the bus was ordered and everything is now set. We still need to fill a few seats, but I think we'll be able to fill those by august. There's like two people who havent paid yet and haven't contacted me about it. If you're one of those, please send the payment asap. To everyone else, this weekend I'll be updating the page with lots more detail about the pickup location, and a few questions that a bunch of people have asked. That'll prolly be updated on sunday. Thanks to everyone for chipping in early and helping to make this work, it's a giant relief now that the bus is definately a go ^_^
~Greg

Again, the site is http://www.lunchtrayninja.com/otakon

The page has been updated with payment deadlines. Basically, the longer you wait, the more you will have to pay.
If you pay:
--->before April 12th- 45.00
--->before May 1st- 50.00
--->before June 1st- 55.00
--->before July 1st- 65.00
--->on August 18th- 75.00

Just thought to get this info out in the open in case anybody was curious. :)