PDA

View Full Version : So recently, I saw this article that said...

someonewhodied
10-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Vinegar can help you lose body fat.

Here is the source: Clicky (http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article/vinegar-clinically-proven-to-destroy-fat/)

Anyone care to confirm whether this is true or not? I don't want to mess with my body.

Edit: Ok. I tried it myself. It works.

I am 5'6 and Currently 105 lbs (As of 2010/10/26).
My previous weight measurement was 107 lbs on 10/21.
I started using vinegar on 10/23.
My weight on 10/26 was 105 lbs.

Should I continue? Or should I get someone who actually NEEDS to lose weight to continue testing this?

Mangochutney
10-23-2010, 10:36 PM
It's just vinegar; a couple of tablespoons a day won't do you any harm. Try it and see.

Eupheryce
10-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Maybe. But just the thought of ingesting vinegar makes my stomach churn. Even now, I have a knot in my throat. Be our guinea pig! D:<

Angeltx441
10-25-2010, 03:29 PM
It works, apple cider vinegar works best I've heard.

It just removes toxins from your body, it doesn't really "fight" fat.

Basically you drink it in the morning when you first wake up. It will make you have to go to the bathroom within the next hour. It apparently works to help fight cellulite.

Hydraskylar
10-25-2010, 05:49 PM
I've been meaning to try apple cider vinegar as well but haven't. Be sure dilute it well. Heard it can burn your throat if you don't

JediFran
10-25-2010, 06:18 PM
It might well help but as with all things it won't be a substitute for a healthy diet and regular exercise!!

If it were there wouldn't be a global health crisis around obesity and vinegar would be as rare as rocking horse poop ;)

On a similar note though I can recommend green tea :) it is scientifically proven (with research and scholary articles) to have health benefits, particularly due to the high levels of flavins - interestingly the one thing the Pharma industry have yet to successfully package into tablet form!! I drink about 2litres of green tea a day. It does have caffeine, but it's comparatively low if looking at most sodas, coffee and black teas. I drink mine both hot and cold as ice tea with crystal light flavouring stuff :) yum!!

Oh, and there is the matter that it's thought to help weight loss also :)

Source for above info: myself, final year MD medicine. We recently had a lecture on healthy living/looking after ourselves by a consultant (equivalent of attending in the US? Or higher in fact...) and she recommended the above. And these people are cynicle as hell and so if they endorse it, it's pribably got a good track record ;)

zssfanxxx
10-25-2010, 10:54 PM
I never knew Vinegar can loosen up belly fat .. :O !!!
what th- !! I should try to use more Vinegar now! (since I don't...) stupid me! XD

Loplod
10-26-2010, 03:21 AM
Opening line "Burn fat without diet change". I'm going to call BS
Vinegar will not burn away your fat, if it did then we would all know about it.
If you eat a healthy diet and exercise and work out on a regular basis it might help a little. But don't rely on a teaspoon of vinegar to magically eat away all your fat that takes hard work and perseverance.

If something looks to good to be true, it most likely is.

someonewhodied
10-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Well. It seems to work. I lost almost 2 lbs in the past 5 days. And I hardly have any weight to lose. I'm around 5'6 and at ~105 lbs.
(Of course, I run distance runs once or twice a week and do other workouts two to three times a week. Vinegar was just an extra thing.)
I used rice Vinegar diluted with water. Tastes horrible... And it sorta burned my throat a little when swallowing...
I know how horrible and torturous as this method is, but it works very well.