PDA

View Full Version : Needed help with Rin Kagamine cosplay.

Rin.Kagamine
10-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Hi, I am a fan of vocaloid and am planning on making a cosplay. I already know what I can do for the headphones, as I have found a tutorial.

First off, I have a few questions that I would like to get answers to :

What is gesso?

Where can you buy LED party balloon lights?

Is there another alternative for making the vocaloid headphones instead of installation foam?

I also need a few tutorials and making some parts of the costume. I can't find any tutorials for these, and if I do, they are very confusing :

How do I make a sailor fuku collar?

How do I make the bow on the sailor fuku collar, and the headphones in Rin Kagamine's costume?

How do I sewn on bias tape?

How do I get all the little details right on the costume?

Is there any way to spend very little, but make the costume look store bought?

How do I put lights, and details onto and into the leg and arm warmers in Rin's costume?

Yup, I have multiple questions. I'm not afraid of asking questions. So does anyone have any idea as to how I can put speakers in the leg warmers and arm warmers and have them work with music coming out? (Like this girl : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvmtOMtkEsU )

And one more thing. I can't seem to find any wigs, or clips to go onto the wig. I'd rather not shop on ebay for any part of the costume, so if you could exclude ebay from any ideas, I'd really appreciate it.

lollydove
10-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Gesso is a sealer/ primer, basically. Ask for it at your local craft store n_n
Insulation foam... I'm not sure, you'd need to experiment.
LED party balloon lights- I live in Australia so they only place I could get those is eBay.

Unfortunately, if you live in a remote area they most like won't have those or the white clips, you'll need to get them off eBay...
And the LED effects will cost quite a bit... so it will cost more than you think to put into effect. Until my next convention is over I just used glow paint on my Snow Miku costume...
sorry to be a downer ^^;;

Rin.Kagamine
10-25-2010, 05:09 PM
It's fine. Our 'Wal-Mart' (it's a super marker) is kind of like, a landlocked country. They apparently don't have access to certain supplies. D: We don't even have the fabric section of Wal-Mart anymore! D:<

touchmon
10-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Do you have a claire's around you? Or any store that sells straight clips? You can paint them white(that's what my friend did for her Rin cosplay)

lollydove
10-26-2010, 04:23 PM
It's fine. Our 'Wal-Mart' (it's a super marker) is kind of like, a landlocked country. They apparently don't have access to certain supplies. D: We don't even have the fabric section of Wal-Mart anymore! D:<

...australia doesn't even have Walmart ;_; If I want fabric I have to travel half an hour out to the nearest fabric store T_T
But I'm guessing you're in America, right? Try asking around the party section for the balloon lights if you haven't already. If that doesn't work, maybe a lightup badge may work... (I know the tutorial you're talking about... Pixiekitty's right? With that little space, if you made it a little bigger, you could probably fit a small badge in...)

Rin.Kagamine
10-26-2010, 04:30 PM
...australia doesn't even have Walmart ;_; If I want fabric I have to travel half an hour out to the nearest fabric store T_T
But I'm guessing you're in America, right? Try asking around the party section for the balloon lights if you haven't already. If that doesn't work, maybe a lightup badge may work... (I know the tutorial you're talking about... Pixiekitty's right? With that little space, if you made it a little bigger, you could probably fit a small badge in...)

It's like that where I live, but to get fabric, I have to travel almost an hour! D:

wen.chan
10-26-2010, 05:47 PM
I posted about where to get Rin's clips look-alike on another topic here with pictures. Click me (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=3660077#post3660077)

This tutorial here on Youtube shows you how to make Vocaloid headphone (this is Miku's; obv just change the color and a few things and it'd be Rin's headhpone) out of poster board paper. The English is a bit hard to understand, but the video should be clear enough to understand. Click me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2IQcsmee7o)