PDA

View Full Version : Question about being s

howdoimakethis
10-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi,

howdoimakethis
10-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh dear, I accidently pressed "enter" when I wasn't even finished writing my post title.

I tried to figure out how to delete this post since I messed up, but the title is supposed to be "Question about being skinny"

Anyways, hi

I was wondering how I can grow bigger in body mass, (muscles) and grow taller, maybe about 3 inches will do, so I can be like Tidus from Final Fantasy X? (you can Copy and Paste into address bar for the link)

http://finalfantasy.neoseeker.com/w/i/finalfantasy/2/26/FFX_Tidus.png

I've been trying to work out with weights and taking protein powder after with milk, doing basketball to grow taller, stretching, jumping, swimming also, since that is the closest thing to Blitz Ball.

Thank you! :)

Edit: Ah also, is there any way to delete a post, for example, like in my case where I messed up the post? or is there any way to edit the title of an already submitted post? Thanks again!

zssfanxxx
10-25-2010, 10:57 PM
To build muscle..hmm. Just lift more heavy weights to get that.
But you don't need to ask to get more taller though...it takes time to grow 1 inch.

Loplod
10-26-2010, 03:16 AM
Being tall is something people will not scrutinies you for in cosplay. It is a factor that you cannot control and 3 inches really is not that much when you think about it.

But if you want to bulk, We need to know two things.
1) are you allergic to anything? (lactose intolerant, Gluten intolerance and stuff like that?)
2) Do you have a local gym you can attend?

howdoimakethis
10-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Thank you for the help you guys, and to answer your questions Loplod, hmm, I'm exactly sure if I'm allergic to certain things, so I can't say for sure on that question sorry. And yes, I have gyms nearby which I attend and work out and exercise if I have the time.

And also, another question I want to post in this thread is, since Tidus has like no hair, like on his legs, arms, does that mean I need to shave my legs and stuff (Well, I don't have to but should I?). Lol, I know this sounds silly, but I thought I might ask if that is okay.

Loplod
10-27-2010, 02:56 AM
The allergy thing was just so we know what you can eat, because I would feel abed if I you know.. Killed you :P

Because you are cosplaying Tidus I will assume you are a boy? in any case it does not really matter.

To bulk well you need to do two things.
1) Diet. What you want to do is eat ALOT (as long as your routine is good). While a person cutting with have a 1500 calorie deficit, You will want to eat about 3000 calories a day (of good things) I could go into detail for what you can and can't eat. But I'm sure there is some help for that in the sticky, Eat lots of eggs and protein and lift heavy things!

2) Weights trainings. You have gyms in your area. this is great (I lack a local gym) Take a poke around, Find what one is good and you can afford (Cosplayers tend to be low on cash) and come up with a routine. The most effective way to go is to attend 4 days a week (if you can) and work on a different body part each day EG: Monday = legs, Tuesday = shoulders ETC ETC. and then take two rest days to let your body recover.

You should try and do compound exercises. Like these.
Shoulders: Military Press, Hang Clean and Press, Arnold Press
Arms: Close-Grip Chin-Up (w/palms facing toward your face), Dips, Close-Grip Push up
Legs: Barbell Squat, Dead lift, Lunges
Back: Chin-Up, Pull-Down, Dead lift, Row
Chest: Push-Up, Dips, Bench Press

Now there are more, These are just a few. If you are unclear on any just either ask or google.
So in summery, Eat lots of good stuff, Lift lots of heavy things, and you will bulk.

As for body hair, You don't NEED to shave.. Some people will be pedantic but again.. It really doesn't matter. you might if you had a large amount of really dark hair. But otherwise people are not going to know and neither will photos unless they are hi-def

I think I got most of what I wanted to say out. Any questions on anything just post away. I'm sure someone will help you out ^^;

howdoimakethis
10-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Ok cool, but I was just wondering, is it possible for a normal male not to have body hair at all like Tidus, well I know it is just a video game illustration but, just curious. And what kind of skin type/color is Tidus exactly? I heard tan, but is there any other word for it.

distantarray
10-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Ok cool, but I was just wondering, is it possible for a normal male not to have body hair at all like Tidus, well I know it is just a video game illustration but, just curious. And what kind of skin type/color is Tidus exactly? I heard tan, but is there any other word for it.

just wondering how old you are cause your asking some weird questions lol, but yes some people have no body hair I'm 28 years old and people ask me every day at the gym if I shave my arms, I have some on my legs but almost nothin on my chest or back. Although I am Korean / Japanese and they're generally some of the least hairy people, besides you can also do laser hair removal if it really bothers you that much, shave wax or nair works fine as well.

Growing taller doing things can help but never definitely proven, like Tyrone “Muggsy” Bogues was a star basket ball player but he was only 5'3 so it's safe to assume it could help but definitely not a miracle cure.

Only real way to grow taller is by cutting into the bone and stretching it out physically with pins and needles (painful! 1mm a day) or by taking growth hormone injections from the doctors. Both have pretty bad side effects so generally better to be avoided.

Although nothing's really proven drinking lots of milk (calcium) and eating the right foods proper nutrition etc should help, also taking glucosamine and chondroitin msm can help your joints so it should help.

howdoimakethis
10-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Sorry, how do I delete my post?

Berenice
10-31-2010, 08:38 AM
I think we also have to take in consideration his age because we might be giving exercises that are not suitable for a certain age XDDD

Loplod
10-31-2010, 05:43 PM
He PM'ed me and I gave him further and more detailed advise. As long as he is like.. Over 15 years old anything I told him is good and healthy for his age.

Kaneda99
10-31-2010, 07:33 PM
I just wanna toss in that if he's looking to get bigger, his routine should consist of high weight at low reps, and to push himself to lift more instead of trying to do lots of reps really fast. Protein shakes help too after a workout and also gives that mass, but you gotta workout and not just take it and sit around or else you'll get fat.

Isn't Tidus not really that buff though? He looks like a typical athletic build.

QueenToast
11-04-2010, 10:20 AM
You can give yourself 3 more inches in the shoes that you wear. If you pick a thick soled shoe and add some heel lifts (a type of insole) you should get the 3" you need.