PDA

View Full Version : Sith costume help

mgsOHYEAH
10-26-2010, 12:18 AM
I am going as a Customized Sith Lord for halloween.

I have constructed all of the costume but one part i want to add but no idea how to go about a pattern and what not..

Pretty much this is what I got. a black graduation gown, the cloak and hood, a sash, and a little crotch drape or whatever you want to call it. unfortunately I have no pictures.

But as far as what I am asking for, I have a giant roll of black leather material and I want to use it. I was considering attemping the Anakin shoulder pieces from episode 3

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKGBa0YmeoNW6iWUVhPnSYCZ9LdNTe5 mjxQXPFJTZn7wEF3OY&t=1&usg=__GTPxyIp_UThRgqQ-JsRIwgXgVis=

Or if anyone has any other interesting ideas that would be sith like and how I can go about it I would appreciate it.

I am not all that great in constructing clothing by hand, but I have this roll of leather and I want to do something with it.

any ideas or unless someone can help me out on how to make these seen on anakin

***EDIT** for better use of terms, i guess they are called Tabards

Patches
10-26-2010, 08:41 AM
I think McCalls or simplicity actually sells this pattern if you're interested in just piking that up and using it. Probably on sale too now give the time of year. I have it at home myself from making a Jedi. It's got this costume, a jedi robe and cape and some little cape thing for girls.

If you wanted to do super-simple without a pattern, it's basically just two long rectangles held together with a belt.