PDA

View Full Version : Wii Fit and excersing

Lucida
10-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi everyone! Well, I'm about to do my weight loss as I said I would. So I do have a Wii Fit plus and I haven't used it in a long time so I started a new goal for 3 months. Unfortunately I weigh 209 lbs (6+ Since my last weigh-in during August!) and I am 6"0 tall. My goal is to lose 3-4 pounds every week. My goal is to eat less portions, drink more water, and use wii fit and walk around the neighborhood. I need some encouragement to happen!

How can I lose weight with Wii fit?

Wish me luck!

Loplod
10-27-2010, 02:13 AM
IMO the wii fit will never take the place of a proper gym workout but it's useful for getting couch potato's off their butts and doing something. Then, when the bug has truly bitten, hopefully them couchies will go the gym "properly" via a membership.
So looking at it as a form of 'stepping stone' I think it's very useful.
Similarly, people who already go to the gym regularly can use this as a mild "supplement" if they want the odd day at home or similar (as I've heard it being used).

...so it's not a substitute but can be a useful stop-gap or addition.
Don't rely on the wii fit to lose weight. Use it in conjunction wit a good diet, Gym workouts (if you can) and cardio.

saiyamanmasenko
10-27-2010, 02:57 AM
3-4 lbs a week is a relatively high goal, but I have seen it happen. 1-2 each week is more realistic, but a goal is still important. Good luck. I wish you the best.

KamenRiderAgito
10-27-2010, 07:43 PM
I use Wii Fit Plus as a supplement to round out my workout. I do sprints for fifteen minutes on the treadmill to get me going in the morning, followed immediately by ten to fifteen minutes of yoga with Wii Fit.

After class (around four) my friend and I hit the gym (being a college student is so convenient sometimes). Before weight training, we always run on the elliptical, usually ten to fifteen minutes, and stretch. Don't forget to stretch! Monday we do legs, Wednesday is core, Thursday is arms, and Friday is cardio. Tuesday is the only day we bypass the gym completely for Wii Fit Plus, and that usually consists of yoga and strength training with a few balance games.

On top of Wii Fit, we do My Fitness Coach Monday through Saturday, excluding Tuesday, and on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays, we also go to taekwondo practice in the evening, which lasts about 2 hours.

With all of that, I've lost about 2.2 pounds so far this week, so I'd definitely agree with what Loplod said about only using Wii Fit as a supplement. There is no way I'd be making that kind of progress relying entirely on Wii Plus. I'd suggest a cardio routine, and if you love the Wii, get My Fitness Coach. I only do about fifteen minutes on it a day, but I always feel the results.

As long as you're using Wii Fit, though, make sure to consistently do body tests, even on rest days, so you can track your progress. Believe me, visual aids work wonders. But whatever your choice, good luck!

Lucida
11-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Ok guys I have my Week 1 results: I have lost 1.3 Pounds! What I did is focus on my waist, arms, hips, etc. by doing mostly the Aerobics for 45 minutes to an hour. I also drank more water, watch my calories, and eat less portions of food while chewing slowly. What I need to do now is to go on with more difficult part of the workout such as more reps and do strength workout.

However, today I weighed myself and I've gained .7 pounds and the reason is that I'm in the middle of the menstruation cycle. (Sorry if its TMI, but I got to tell the truth)

QueenToast
11-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Try not to weigh yourself more than once a week. We chicks have strange bodies that fluctuate with hormones. Weighing yourself too often is crazy making. I know, because that's what I did. :P

Lucida
11-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Try not to weigh yourself more than once a week. We chicks have strange bodies that fluctuate with hormones. Weighing yourself too often is crazy making. I know, because that's what I did. :P

Thats why sometimes it sucks to be a woman >_<

KamenRiderAgito
11-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Thats why sometimes it sucks to be a woman >_<

Ditto that. :sulk:

Loplod
11-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Another reason to not weigh yourself more than once a week is that outside factors can also affect your weight. Like how much water is in your body and the last time you had a bowel movement or how much you had for your last meal.

Try and weigh yourself once a week at a set time, Preferably after you have.. Relieved yourself and before you eat a meal, Keep this habit up and get into a routine and you will better be able to track your results.

Braithcakes
11-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I know this doesn't really.....pertain directly to YOU.

but....my family just got a wii and I was playing ironman on it after like...3 hours my biceps started getting super sore from all the aiming and such.

>_> wii for twigs like me is quite the workout.

Lucida
11-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I know this doesn't really.....pertain directly to YOU.

but....my family just got a wii and I was playing ironman on it after like...3 hours my biceps started getting super sore from all the aiming and such.

>_> wii for twigs like me is quite the workout.

LOL, thats why we have wii

zssfanxxx
11-05-2010, 01:20 PM
I never tried Wii fit, so I don't know what effects it has on me.

Lucida
11-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Week 2 UPDATE: I have lost 2 pounds this week!!! I have not looked at my scale in over a week and I've been working out for 45 minutes for the 6 days. What I have done is that I did an Island Run, Super Hula Hoop for 6 minutes, Did the punchout for advanced, and Step ups for advance.

As for my diet, I haven't drink as much water as a I should, but I'm drinking a half a can a soda a day and yet I'm still watching my calories while eating fruit twice a day.

Now, what I need to do is the do expert level exercises and continue the island run as well as other Aerobics. But I do need to work on my posture and strength.

Braithcakes
11-10-2010, 10:16 AM
>_>

cut soda out of your life D:

water makes EVERYTHING better.

The way you feel, skin, muscle balance, digestion, everrrryyything :D

>_> stay away from soda, it quite literally eats your insides.

KamenRiderAgito
11-10-2010, 01:17 PM
>_>

cut soda out of your life D:

water makes EVERYTHING better.

The way you feel, skin, muscle balance, digestion, everrrryyything :D

>_> stay away from soda, it quite literally eats your insides.

Here, here! I'd also add getting rid of juice. Seriously, once you work it out of your routine, you won't miss it. I know I don't.

Lucida
11-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Week 3 UPDATE: Well...I'm neutral for this week since I didn't lose nor gain weight. I couldn't be able to play wii fit from Tuesday to Friday because my sister's cat chewed up my wii sensor cord and I had to order one online for 4 bucks. However! I did walk around my neighborhood for approximately 30 minutes and basically my neighborhood isn't a good place to walk since there are cars passing by and stuff like that. Plus my ankle is still very sore from the walk on either thursday or friday as I tripped on it (and still hurts today), so it was difficult to do the wii fit on the weekend. Yesterday I give it all I got as I did the run and the super hula hoop as well as some jackknifes challenge and the bridge.

As for my diet, still the same.

madxmids
11-17-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm using the wii fit too! it's been a while since I've used mine too! I wish you LOTS of luck :'D
so far I'm on day 2 of my work/diet :'D

SilverSteam
11-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Ditto that. :sulk:

diddo that twice...:hafha:

Loplod
11-22-2010, 06:29 AM
So I tried wii fit..

After I deleted my little brothers "dog" to make room I started.

17 minutes later I had lost somthing like 40Kcal. Now a 10 minute walk will burn about 100Kcal I have found.. So while wiifit might be "fun" I would just rather put up with 10 minutes of running/Jogging/walking to get much greater effect.

Lucida
11-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Week 4 Results: I have a lost a little bit of pounds, but I think the reason why is my soda intake since I forgot about the 1 can rule. But I started to do the 20 minute running and the jackknives challenge which I could only do 30. So Thanksgiving is coming up and I better watch my back! So its been 1 month and so far I lost 4 and half pounds!

Start: 209.7 (As of October 26, 2010)
Current: 205.3 (As of November 23, 2010)
Goal: 160

So I tried wii fit..

After I deleted my little brothers "dog" to make room I started.

17 minutes later I had lost somthing like 40Kcal. Now a 10 minute walk will burn about 100Kcal I have found.. So while wiifit might be "fun" I would just rather put up with 10 minutes of running/Jogging/walking to get much greater effect.

Thats why I do the running so I can lose much calories faster

ShineyPenny
11-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Try running with 2 lb weights in each hand. It seems easy, but after awhile you really start to fill the burn. Cross country running is also a calorie burner.

You can also take a gander at http://www.wiihealthy.com/

Kawaiichibiz
11-27-2010, 04:52 PM
I really need to make my own exercise plan, I just don't know if I could stay to it >.>

Chirudesu
11-28-2010, 01:39 PM
We're the same height and well, I'd like to get where you're at, weight-wise... u__u' 175 is my ultimate goal, but 200 sounds very good right now...

Wii Fit is very helpful to get you started and on track. You feel sore, get a workout, and even a little cardio...a little. I wouldn't limit myself to just that, doing outside stuff is helpful too. OR you can buy another fitness game that's sold on Wii, I don't remember what it's called, but it's got good stuff that gets you moving more than Wii Fit (WHICH DOES HELP! I've had it for a year, and while sadly barely using it, it worked very well when I did, as long as I was watching my eating too.) I recommend Wii Fit every other day and something a bit more engaging like cardio or pilates on the other days. And a rest day, of course.

By the way, using a Wii Fit is nothing to be ashamed of. It's not 'fitness for lazy people,' it's fitness period. There's no 'proper' way to exercise, If you're moving, you're exercising. You still have to commit. You don't need to get a gym membership to get the perfect workout or whatever. Have fun and hope you reach your goals :)

Attorney_at_LOL
12-02-2010, 06:02 PM

I have realized this before and didn't know until my mom told me. I thought the wii fit was broken!

Lucida
12-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Sorry for no update but I got my results for 2 weeks!

Week 5: only lost .2 pounds and you guessed it, weekend of overeating at thanksgiving and reunion! But I had the stomach bug on monday (I weigh myself on tuesdays) and threw up alot!

Week 6: Lost 1.3 pounds! I didn't eat very much because of what was happening at my home this weekend and I had to rest my stomach for a couple of days thanks to the sickness on last monday.

Start: 209.7 (As of October 26, 2010)
Current: 203.5 (As of December 7, 2010)
Goal: 160

redsmas
12-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Getting wii fit seems like a good way to get started (a little push to get you going)

Chiikuro
12-26-2010, 10:24 AM
I just got a Wii and Wii Fit Plus for Christmas ( ^ u ^);/.
I plan to try it out later today, I don't think I am going to do only Wii fit, but I'm excited to see if it will make some kind of difference <3.

LaraVine
12-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas too.

Wii Fit + Pokewalker = Two Birds with one stone (:

Azzie
12-29-2010, 05:38 AM
Aww, congrats to Lucida for losing all of this weight so far! That's a nice, steady pace to go at.

I read an article in the paper that was listing various ways of getting fitter while staying at home. They compared fitness dvds, to internet workouts, to using games like Wii fit/Kinect. The Wii fit/Kinect came out on top for improving the fitness the most, overall.

Lucida
12-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Awww, thanks Azzie! :D

I weigh 201.2 as of now!

KnightUtena
01-03-2011, 11:57 PM
IMO the wii fit will never take the place of a proper gym workout but it's useful for getting couch potato's off their butts and doing something. Then, when the bug has truly bitten, hopefully them couchies will go the gym "properly" via a membership.
So looking at it as a form of 'stepping stone' I think it's very useful.
Similarly, people who already go to the gym regularly can use this as a mild "supplement" if they want the odd day at home or similar (as I've heard it being used).

...so it's not a substitute but can be a useful stop-gap or addition.
Don't rely on the wii fit to lose weight. Use it in conjunction wit a good diet, Gym workouts (if you can) and cardio.

Right if people had the money for it. Memberships aren't cheap.

I prefer the Wii fit b/c I don't have to drive down to a gym, it's right there where I need when I have the sudden urge to work out. When I want to do stuff now, I mean NOW.

Lucida
01-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Update! My current weight is 199.7 lbs! I've officially lost 10 pounds for the past 3 months! ^_^

Last week I drank 1 cups a soda 2-3 times a week. Plus my portions were amazing and I even share my outside meals with my mom so my portion will still be small even though we ate out (its rare to go out to eat at my moms).

Although I don't do much Wii fit, I used the Spin Bike for 30-45 minutes and done weights as well.

I recommend people to post their successes with their wiis on this thread :)