PDA

View Full Version : anyone thinking about next year?

Tenjou
10-08-2003, 07:01 PM
I'm not totally sure I can go yet (as long as the location doesn't go anymore farther from me than it was this year) but I probably will be able to, since this year was only about 2 1/2 hours minus the traffic. I'm thinking already about next year's costumes I'll make, and I'm trying to piece together my first skit.

Anyway, is anyone else thinking about what they'll do for next year? XD I know it's wicked early, but does anyone have ideas?

Michela
10-08-2003, 09:13 PM
I have no idea. o.O The only convention I can definitely go to every year is Anime Boston (as I live in MA, have an rusty car only three people understand can travel reasonable distances, and I also have limited permission from my parents as well.) I have somehow been able to go to BAAF '02 and Shoujocon '03, but not until a HUGE amount of arrangements and compromises were made... and after lots of begging. ^_^ Hopefully, I will be able to go to BAAF or Shoujocon in 2004 (Otakon is my main goal, though, mwahaha...)

I would love to see everyone again, though!

GingerWolf
02-09-2004, 08:38 PM
isn't this yr suppost to be in Charleston Wv?? I think this is the one that is suppost to be here...i kno one's coming to my state

makonurikoryoko
02-10-2004, 09:44 PM
I hope Shoujo comes back to Jersey >< OH well, hopefully i can go no matterand I would prolly be going as Full Moon

Genki Chan
02-11-2004, 09:32 PM
It's going to be further from me this year, but I'll still try it make it. ...Possibly as Sakura from CCS...?

Tenjou
02-16-2004, 05:25 PM
I hope it's in the same place... because if it's farther away, then I won't be able to go ;-; and that would be absolutely horrid ;-; I had such a fun time this year, meeting everyone, and I don't want to miss so much next year like I did last! >< I hope they put up new information soon though. I want to see my Michela and her pretty angel-sanctuary godliness!!

KaineMaxwell
02-16-2004, 09:51 PM
West Virginia?!

SohjiroX
02-23-2004, 11:05 PM
I'm planning on haveing fun this year by gonig to this con.

dressdragn
02-27-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm going to be doing a boys of KOF group with SohjiroX, Cyn and KiKuruKitty. There are some photos of the Kof costumes so far in my gallery. They'll be tuned up for the con.

look out ladies, the boys are back in town.

~Anna

XShuichiX
02-27-2004, 02:38 PM
i would love to go to this con. hopefully it will be in NJ and if its after AN'04. thats about that the only con i'm planning on going to so far.

Michela
03-22-2004, 07:14 PM
I want to see my Michela and her pretty angel-sanctuary godliness!!

*_* Consider my heart touched... Though there is no Shoujocon in 2004, I'll try to find you if you're going to any other conventions in the New York area this summer (Jen will have her Kurai costume finished by then :::evil laughter:::There is most definitely Angel Sanctuary goodness to be had! ^_^) My only trouble now is getting *myself* to a con in the summer. XD

Tenjou
04-02-2004, 07:54 PM
*glomps teh Michela* XD no problem, your AS skills own me. but... -_-;; as of now, it's looking like I'll only be able to get to ConnectiCon this year, and even that seems iffy. ;_; I dun wanna miss the AS goodness! ~_~ *le sigh* well, we'll see what the summer holds. =P

Shinigami_Mimi
05-23-2004, 06:26 PM
I was sad to hear that Shoujocon was cancelled this year. Including BAAF. I couldn't believe it. But I do plan on going to Shoujocon 2005. ^^ Outfits for that year still deciding on.

blacknyte
06-23-2004, 07:40 AM
hey guys i'm duane

blacknyte
06-23-2004, 07:43 AM
i would like to go to a con but can never find a ride there because i heard it was fun

Shinigami_Mimi
07-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Rides shouldn't be hard. ^^ There's always train, plane, and others if you live far. Car rides all depends on the local of a person. X.x Hopefully Shoujocon will be close this year and not like in Maine or something. I want it to come back to NJ. T.T

Tenjou
07-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Shinigami_Mimi~ hello ^^ did you go to shoujocon 2003? yeah, I was definately sad too, since it was my first convention and all, and I really wanted to go again.. =(

dressdragn
07-23-2004, 09:08 AM
any word on if there will be another shoujo con?

~Anna

Tenjou
07-24-2004, 04:17 PM
any word on if there will be another shoujo con?

~Anna

yeah, but it's gonna be sometime next year. =(

Shinigami_Mimi
07-24-2004, 08:53 PM
dressdragn: Yeah, it is next year. T.T The site hasn't given any info out on dates yet I believe. Or location.

Tenjou: La li ho. ^^ Lol. No, I didn't go to Shoujocon in 2003 because it was far. T.T Same with AnimeNext since it was in the same hotel. I went to Shoujocon in 2002. ^^;; Lol. It was a really pleasant place with not much of a crowd, and many good things. Lol. I loved it. So planning to go back in 2005. You're doing a GAL cosplay? XD My friends and I are doing a group for AnimeNext, maybe I could make them come in their outfits to Shoujocon. Lol.

XShuichiX
07-25-2004, 10:10 AM
shinigami_mimi: muwahaha talking about us coming in our gal cosplay for shoujocon? XD sure but i still need to ask my dad if i can go. if you hadnt guessed by now, this is xshuichixryuichix aka shuhiro :3 i'm looking forward to attending cons for 2005. since my 2004 schedule is over XD ( one con...AnimeNEXT T.T)

Tenjou
07-25-2004, 12:10 PM
shinigami_mimi that's cool ^^ I wish I could've gotten into conventions earlier, since my aunt used to live right near their location when they were in NJ. ah well. that's cool~yep yep! me and a few people on here are trying to get a SuperGALS! group together for sjc05 =D come and join, the more the merrier! >D

shu~ XD our dads suck about conventions XP

Shinigami_Mimi
07-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Shuhiro: Lol. XD Tell your dad my mom is going. XD Lol. Maybe it'll help. I bet my mom will have to come anyways. -_-;; If they are far away she has to come in order for me to stay at the hotel. >>

Tenjou: Woot! Super Gals will be remembered at Shoujocon 05! XD Lol. I'll join in. Be gonna be Rei. The first Rei cosplayer in US! XD I think. X.x Shuhiro, you join too. XD With Ryuichi. Lol. If you can.

XShuichiX
07-28-2004, 05:15 PM
tenjou: yeah XD but my dad paid for my registeration and my cosplays XD and i have a sister who also went to the con XD and he paid for my friend too.

shinigami_mimi: that may actually help XD when should i ask my dad? if they're far away i dunno what i can do. maybe i can stay at the hotel also..or not x.x i dunno. i'm in for supergals at shoujocon! if i go XD

Tenjou
07-28-2004, 07:53 PM
shu~ XP that's cool-- my parents paid for the hotel last year, and I paid my registration fee and my cosplays =P lol, awesome! I'm bringing my friend to sjc, and maybe another. ^^ *adds on* shu, do we need a yuya for the supergals group?

Shinigami_Mimi~ XDDDDD YESH! we're gonna have a big group O_O;; ah cool!! I can get a picture of me annoying you or something XDDDDD hmm.. we need a Yuya.. I think.. XP

XShuichiX
07-29-2004, 10:10 AM
tenjou: XD i wish i can stay at the hotel. yeah and when i ask if i can go to sjc i'll tell him i can pay for myself. i mean, its not too expensive. i want to meet your friend! X3 well my other friend's friend( who is in 6th grade XD starting in september) might be Yuya. she's a little too short and too young XD we may need a different Yuya. oh and i dont think she is going to sjc.

Tenjou
07-29-2004, 10:17 AM
hopefully you can, last year there was a manga room and a pocky party or something, I think... or was there pocky in the manga room? O_O;; I don't remember XD yeah, that might help with him letting you go, the responsibility card and all =P XP that would be so cute! a little mini-Yuya!! ^^

I'm really starting to think I might take five costumes to shoujocon.. I'm going to add on a jrock cosplay, most likely Kyo from Dir en Grey XD

XShuichiX
07-29-2004, 10:25 AM
well when i know the dates and prereg fee then i'll ask. oh and location. thats important too. O_O pocky party? pocky in manga room? thats so cool!!! XD and if i do go i hope it isnt crowded. yes i am very responisble X3 mini yuya XD

i'll probably just do 2. Suguru and Ran :3

Shinigami_Mimi
07-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Shuhiro: Ask your dad when you get all the info. XD Lol. My mom will agree since I'll probably be driving her there. Ooo. If you ask nicely you could stay at the hotel with us. Lol.

Tenjou: Ooo. Piccies of you and us! Pocky in room? XD Omg. Lol. I remember they had an ice cream party in 2002. Lol. It was fun. It'd be fun if we had like a party for Super Gals ppl, or just fun cosplayers. Lol.

My outfits will be 3, usual. X.x My Rei, Taki, and Layla. XD I'm only being Layla to enter the Shoujocon Hall Cosplay contest. Lol. The others are for fun! Whee~!

XShuichiX
07-29-2004, 06:57 PM
misuki: heh maybe XD i'll ask him. i really hope to go. heck staying at the hotel with you will be the best XD we can play WeiB game all night XDXD

a Gals party just for us X3 ice cream X3 pocky X3 Ramune X3 sounds like heaven XDXD

who is Layla :3 have a piccie?

Tenjou
07-29-2004, 08:21 PM
shu~ yeah, I hope that the website is updated soon, or at least when school starts, ^^; yeah! I went in the manga room and it was kinda crowded, so I just went somewhere else. but it looked nice ^^ maybe I should scan my program book =P mini-ness ish cute XD lol--I took 3 last year. but since I have that rule, why not go all out with cosplay XDDD!

mimi~ hope you don't mind me shortening your screename XD; yesh! if we had a Yuya, then we could do one of those:
Ran: *cute smile*
Yuya: Ran-chan's so cute!
Rei: Dangerous T_T;

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
hoo boy~ice cream!! ^^ cool~! yeah! a party! party! XP -- I dunno which I'll enter for the hall yet. hmm *ponders* hm.... *keeps pondering* I guess I'll have to think on this =P

Shinigami_Mimi
07-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Shuhiro: Woot! XD Lol. Staying at the hotel will be fun. WeiB game all night? XD Lol. That would be great. I should bring Kuma, exactly I am since I'll be needing him for Taki. XD

Yeah! Gals party. ^^ Invite all the cosplayers who are Gals. XD Lol. Karaoke, food, and all. Lol. DDR or Para Para too! Woot! ^^

Layla from Kaleido Star. XD Lol. Me find piccie. X.x

Tenjou: No, I don't mind. XD Lol. Everyone calls me Mimi anyways. Ooo. Lil skits to entertain ppl. Lol. Yes! I will also have Rei's bag for all the Ran's to steal. XD Lol. I must be in character!

I think you can enter both. X.x Like Hall and stage cosplay. I think. @.@ I never stayed long enough to see stage cosplay at Shoujocon. Party! XD We should spread the word. ^.^

Tenjou
07-30-2004, 08:05 AM
oh okay =D mimi it is then XD yeah, it'd be great!! OH BOY!!!!!!! REALLY?! *_* then I'll have to grab onto it and you'll have to drag me around XDDDDDDDDD

yeah I'm pretty sure you can too, I just don't know which costume to enter in the hall.. I'm going to be wearing Thief Yuna for the masquerade, so.. hmm... *keeps pondering* I guess I'll just have to see which costume comes out best then enter that one. =P

Shinigami_Mimi
07-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Tenjou: Lol. XD Alright me drag you around. Lol. Just imagine a Rei and like 5 Rans fighting over the bag. Lol! XD

Ooo. Thief Yuna, that's cool. Lol. Well, I agree whichever costume comes out good you wear. XD Lol. I wish they had group awards, because we'd win a Gals award! XD

Shuhiro: You're gone!!! Noooo! T.T See ya in a week. ^^

Tenjou
07-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Shinigami_Mimi~XDDDD yay! what a sight we'll be. LOL!! that would be great! then one ran gets the bag then a catfight(s) insues XD!!!!!!

yeah, I like the gradients *_* and I think that whichever is my favorite and challenged me most will have a factor in if it goes into the hall cosplay. ^^ I think that there is a group, like "Best Group", but I'm not sure. they really have to start updating XD

Shinigami_Mimi
08-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Ack! X.x I just came back from Otakon, gomen for posting late!!! *bows many times* ^^;;;

Tenjou: My poor bag! XD Lol! Someone steal Yuya bag! XD If he brings a bag. X.x You know it'd be bad if I was the only guy with the bag. @.@ *imagines every Kogal stare at her and run after her* Nooo! XD Lol.

They should start updating. XD I really really hope this year they don't cancel. Shoujocon is just so cool, and it's like the only peaceful con around. Lol. It's not like a con where you'll get pushed and shoved into walls.^^;;

Ranma Saotome
01-18-2005, 11:46 AM
As a SJCon staffer... We're back!