PDA

View Full Version : NAF Panels 2011?

Pianoblink
10-28-2010, 02:20 PM
So I'm thinking of Hosting a few Panels at Naf and I was wondering if anyone would like to comment on some of my Ideas.

1. Bento Panel.
Admit it, when you see it in Anime you get hungry. It's cute. I make Bento for lunch a lot and know my way around how to decorate it. I guess it would be a lesson in
1. Cooking
2. Basic prep work
3. Food Safety
4. Decorating.
(Not exactly in this order XD )

I have to ask about bringing in cooking elements and things but if I can't I'll do what I can to make it interesting. Of course there would be prizes and such and you do get to eat what you make.

2. Art Panel
We're all aspiring artists, we watch anime, we draw anime, we doodle it in class when we should be working and we create fanart and put more time into it than we do cleaning our rooms. This panel will mainly be about meeting other artists and gaining critiques and helpful words. And of course to show off your stuff. Of Course we could always have a contest and Prizes will be given.

3. Less a Panel, More a tea party.
The Lolita Cafe this year was a great hit. But I felt it was lacking. Probably because I'm a tea buff and I had a romanticism about what the Cafe would be like. But regardless it was nice. I'm willing to put together the time and effort to make fresh cookies, serve fresh tea from my own growing collection and all together create an atmosphere where you can relax. Coffee will be served too and Cake will be served too.
I wont be Selling the food, just serving it. I'd be paying out of my own pocket and not asking for any funding in return. I'll need a lot of advanced warning for this one and I'm thinking if people wish to attend there will be a set amount of people able to come. Meaning you'd have to book a seat.

That's it for now, I'll update as I think about it more. :heart:

BsWN
11-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I love the idea of a Bento Panel and an Art Panel. ^^ I think you could expand both panels; the Bento Panel could be expanded into different (but still simple) Japanese foods seen in animes. And the Art Panel could be expanded to other types of art; drawing that isn't only anime style, and music could be included as well perphaps ^^

Otaking97
11-06-2010, 07:39 AM
.........a Bento panel? Mmmm.....but that just makes me hungry!!

RoseHanabira
11-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I'd love to attend a Bento panel! I have to admit, I've been meaning to learn how to make Bento lunches but the amount I don't know has prevented me from learning.

The Art panel sounds great too. I'm not an artist so I personally wouldn't be attending, but I like the idea of it.

Rainbowgasm
12-02-2010, 03:40 PM
They seriously need to post the dates soon... if they're not up by March I'll have to pass on the con if it ends up being the same weekend as one of my horse shows because I'll have already told my coach I can go to that one...

Pianoblink
12-26-2010, 07:49 AM
@BsWN That sounds great, I personally don't draw anime very often, funny huh since I actually go to a lot of conventions. music would be an interesting addition and it's very much welcome.

@Otaking Which is why you get to eat what you make. I'm looking into cheap lunchbox containers that aren't just 'ziploc' food containers that everyone who joins in can take home.

@RoseHanabira You're very much welcome to come to the Bento panel if I can pull it off. Also you don't need to be an artist to come to the panel, you can come to either learn or just relax and see other people's work, maybe even join in a game of anime pictionary (I attended a game of it on my first trip to NAF years ago and found it was very very fun)

@Rainbowgasm (Love your name by the by) Yeah I'm getting annoyed with seeing the 2010 site too, I'm really hoping they get it all up and what-have-you but I understand that since it's getting so popular they're looking for a new venue, which kinda sucks (for me anyway) because it makes my commute longer, I live down the street (It's a huge ass walk but a pretty strait shoot) from the college.

@everyone Wow I didn't expect to see any feedback at all and this is really nice, I'm glad the idea of Bento is so appealing to everyone and it looks like we have a winner here. I'm also considering having a booth in artist ally selling some other things, this is going to be a big project for me. WOOHOO! But I don't know if I can handle it alone, if anyone is interested in assisting with some of these I'd be forever grateful and there will be gratitude cake.

I'm pricing out some Prizes and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what everyone's interested in winning. Keep in mind this is already stretching my budget but I'm hoping I'll be able to pull it off. Thanks everyone, this means a lot~

With love,

PB

Rainbowgasm
01-04-2011, 07:53 PM
@BsWN That sounds great, I personally don't draw anime very often, funny huh since I actually go to a lot of conventions. music would be an interesting addition and it's very much welcome.

@Otaking Which is why you get to eat what you make. I'm looking into cheap lunchbox containers that aren't just 'ziploc' food containers that everyone who joins in can take home.

@RoseHanabira You're very much welcome to come to the Bento panel if I can pull it off. Also you don't need to be an artist to come to the panel, you can come to either learn or just relax and see other people's work, maybe even join in a game of anime pictionary (I attended a game of it on my first trip to NAF years ago and found it was very very fun)

@Rainbowgasm (Love your name by the by) Yeah I'm getting annoyed with seeing the 2010 site too, I'm really hoping they get it all up and what-have-you but I understand that since it's getting so popular they're looking for a new venue, which kinda sucks (for me anyway) because it makes my commute longer, I live down the street (It's a huge ass walk but a pretty strait shoot) from the college.

@everyone Wow I didn't expect to see any feedback at all and this is really nice, I'm glad the idea of Bento is so appealing to everyone and it looks like we have a winner here. I'm also considering having a booth in artist ally selling some other things, this is going to be a big project for me. WOOHOO! But I don't know if I can handle it alone, if anyone is interested in assisting with some of these I'd be forever grateful and there will be gratitude cake.

I'm pricing out some Prizes and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what everyone's interested in winning. Keep in mind this is already stretching my budget but I'm hoping I'll be able to pull it off. Thanks everyone, this means a lot~

With love,

PB

they're... looking for a new venue? :bigcry: hope its not too far :S we love it because its close to Whitby where most of our group lives!

Pianoblink
01-08-2011, 10:50 AM
@rainbow

There's actually a lot of conflict and whispers it might not even go on this year. I've talked to some of the people who set up regular components and apparently the brains and the money aren't exactly getting along.

Rainbowgasm
01-08-2011, 12:08 PM
well that would suck in one way and be okay in another... I loved the con because it was close and quiet and a great place to get into panel hosting... and for another... it would let me go to the horse show that is on the weekend I'd suspect it would be on...

Pianoblink
01-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Well here's hoping everything pans out~ I hope to see you there, I might have seen you at 2010 (I was the little Russia running about)

cyberbird
01-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Teaaa :D I would go if there was tea.

I hope it doesn't get moved...it's 15 mins from my house! :P

Skyeliosis
02-06-2011, 01:51 AM
oh what.
I really hope it goes on this year. ; n ;
And hopefully new venue is not too far away.

Bento panel sounds cool though~!

Rainbowgasm
02-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Well, I fear if its on the weekend of the 24th, I can only go Saturday... as I had to hand in what horse shows I was available for to my coach this week and there was still no date for NAF, so I put the July 24th one on my list...