PDA

View Full Version : Sloooooow Process

Berenice
10-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Okay, did anyone here feel like the whole thing about achieving your goal takes a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time?

Well, I lost 3-4 inches around my waist for 5 months and about 15-20 pounds too...
However, in just a week, I gained 2 inches on my waist again (and I didn't bother to check my weight anymore)

I don't know if this is fast or not but I feel like it's taking WAAAAAAAAAAY too much time...

I was wondering if you guys have a "slow" or "fast" process in losing weight

Any track records???

(Is actually looking for some motivation to not give up and see that it is possible to lose weight faster)

Kasinator
10-29-2010, 08:31 AM
losing weight should never be a race ever. Rushing something only causes problems. Imagine if everything was done as fast as possible. the biggest key to weight loss always is consistency. try to jog every day. try to make healthy choices every day. and then you can keep the fat off. and of course cut the fat off of meats.

saiyamanmasenko
10-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Kasinator pretty much said it right there. It is taking me quite a while to show any real progress, but it is sticking to it that will yield results. Sometimes we just gotta remind outselves of the old cliche "Rome wasn't built in a day."

LezardValeth
10-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Like Kasinator wrote, you can't rush it. Take your time, exercise thrice a week, eat plenty of healthy food, cut down on the junk ones, think positive, etc.

KamenRiderAgito
10-29-2010, 06:54 PM
I totally feel your pain. The question I ask myself after I look in the mirror and see no visible difference is "how do I feel?" There's a little frustration, sure, but I feel fantastic after every workout. I'm completely awake, I've got tons of energy, and I know that I only feel that way because I've been trying my absolute hardest. So yeah, the pounds are coming off verrryyyy sloooowwwlllly, and yeah, I don't look like I've lost a centimeter, but I'm healthier, and I know it.

There are five core tenets of Taekwondo, and the one my masters (and most black belts) seem to stress the most is Indomitable Spirit (Baekjool Boolgool). Ignore the inches and pounds and push forward; you've only failed when your spirit has failed.

Fight on!

Loplod
10-30-2010, 02:28 AM
Well, Think about it. How long have you taken being unhealthy and putting that weight on. For most people it will be a year or two. Don't expect results in the firt five weeks. Fitness/Being healthy is a life choice, Not a once every now and then thing.

distantarray
10-30-2010, 05:01 PM
weight gain is pretty hard for a normal person if your working out and dieting correctly. as long as you don't have any hormonal imbalance or health issues it should take atleast 5-10 pounds of food to create 2 inches around the waist for most people. 1 pound of fat = 3,500 calories so to go for 17,500 - 35,000 extra calories in a week is pretty hard to do unless you completely broke down and destroyed your diet plan eating nothing but double whoppers and chocolate cake. Chances are if your healthy it was probably just water retention and other factors like amount of food or waste hydration levels etc.

blacknekohinata
11-07-2010, 04:07 AM
A method I used in high school and am actually picking up now that I'm really motivated to slim is counting calories and working out 4 days a week. When I was in high school I went to the gym with my mom every other day doing 30mins of cardio and 30mins of weight lifting. I also counted my calories daily and didn't go over (keep in mind that you loose calories after working out and machines do tell you the amount but that doesn't mean you should add those calories back to your limit for the day). Doing that I lost 7lbs a week. Weight lose will take some time no matter what you're doing. Another thing to keep in mind is that just because you've lost a certain amount doesn't mean it will show right away. The way I measure my weight loss is by my pant size. It keeps the confidence up too.
Hope I've helped.