PDA

View Full Version : Lisbeth Salander (Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) - help!

Adenar
10-31-2010, 08:20 AM
At some point in the future I would very much like to cosplay Lisbeth Salander from the Swedish version of the films - the definitive Noomi Rapace incarnation. In particular, something similar to this (http://www.lisbeth-salander.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Salander_4_404304d.jpg) outfit, as I have a shorter section of hair at the front and I could hide the fact that I have long hair under the hood.

I'm not too worried about it being a rare cosplay - I haven't been able to find any mention of this on the forums - and I'm also not too worried about people just mistaking her for a general Goth as I plan to take a laptop case and various other props that Lisbeth carries. I'm not planning to do this anytime soon so I have plenty of time to gather bits and pieces of a costume together. I already have basics - a hoodie, t-shirt, some belts and buckles, a collar that I will modify, a jacket to modify and some biker boots that, although aren't entirely true to the costume, will do if I'm unable to locate or borrow some more suited to this.

The problem is that Lisbeth's style doesn't really mirror my own and so I don't know what shops/websites to visit in order to get this gothic/punk style of clothing. I've had success in charity and second hand shops for belts and accessories. I'm particularly interested in where I can find some decently-priced, suitable leggings.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? The only websites I've seen are really expensive, though I appreciate that with this type of clothing there will be some purchases that will have to be on the expensive side. Any help would be appreciated. =]

fullbleed
12-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Massive props for Lisbeth Salander cosplay, love the film. :) Dunno about goth shops though, not my scene either. Unless you live near Camden Market in London I'd suggest ebay or maybe Amazon?

Ron Jr
02-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Massive props from me also. I loved all three books and movies. Please post pics when you are done. I had my own vision of Lisbeth as I had read the books first but the movie version was very close to my vision (at least in the first movie).

Ita
02-17-2011, 02:28 AM
If you'd lived in Sweden I would've had tons of suggestions for you, but as you live in the UK I can only think of what fullbleed already said; Camden Market if you live in London.

Or maybe you can order from Hot Topic (http://www.hottopic.co.uk/)? I don't know where their stores are in London though. All I can remember from my little trip there is Camden Market and Oxford street.

Thumbs of for cosplaying Lisbeth Salander, she's awesome.