PDA

View Full Version : yu gi oh wig

banjokazooie
10-09-2003, 01:30 PM
My son is going to be yu gi oh for halloween. Any sugguestions when I dye or "try" to make his wig stay formed? I have a full blonde wig to start with.

TsukiGuujin
10-09-2003, 02:48 PM
For the spiky part, I would suggest using something really strong, like Matrix brand styling glue. They make colored spiking stuff, maybe you could use that to dye the pieces?

The other way I know of dying pieces is to buy a can of the spray in color, spray it all out into a bowl (this is a pain) and use fingers or whatever to paint it into the wig. That way parts that shouldn't be colored don't get colored.

I hope this makes sense.
I'd LOVE to see pictures of the finished one!!

~~Tsuki Guujiin~~

Beware_UY7
10-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Hm, for dyeing, I say Sharpies. You have to colour a wig before you can style it though. I've seen a Yugi wig done before very well, but they actually started with a pink wig and sewed in the blode parts.
Well, for styling, don't try to get it to stand straight up at first, use a warm blowdryer to get the root area to all stand up, then the spikes will be easier to make.
You can get wig styling products at some beauty supply stores, but regular hairspray wont harm a wig, so its okay to use. Freezing spray is always best, that stuff doesn't budge once your done.

Reno_kun
10-10-2003, 01:21 PM
use ice spikers gel it's a little hole buring but i get's the job done.