PDA

View Full Version : Hello Kitty theamed steampunk

wonderland-chan
11-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I recently bought a Hello kitty Halloween themed corset, and I was wondering if I could make a steampunk outfit out of it. But do think it would be silly to make this outfit, or do you think it would be a good idea. Any advice would be wonderful.

Please and thank you

paper cosplay
11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
I say go for it if you think you would enjoy it.

DarkInnocence
11-06-2010, 04:45 PM
This is the best idea in the entire world. xD

<----Huge HK fan.

shadowdragon13
11-07-2010, 02:18 AM
It sounds very cute. Go for it. And I'd love to see photos of it when it's done. :D

grotesk_faery
11-07-2010, 11:51 AM
This just gave me the cutest vision of Hello Kitty in a monocle and a leather top hat :3

Do you have any pictures of the corset? I think this is a good idea, but if you're centering it around something that couldn't work for steampunk, then it just can't turn out well.

BondageBella
11-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Totally ruins steampunk.

LeekFish
11-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Totally ruins steampunk.

Now, now. Be nice~ The most important part of cosplaying is to have fun. c:

I think it's a rather interesting concept; mixing steampunk with one of today's pop culture icons. Don't think I've ever seen that done before! :3 I agree with grotesk_faery on wanting to see a picture of the corset. But of course, if you're going to enjoy yourself and have fun with it, I say go for it! <3

Mehdia
11-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Now, now. Be nice~ The most important part of cosplaying is to have fun. c:

I think it's a rather interesting concept; mixing steampunk with one of today's pop culture icons. Don't think I've ever seen that done before! :3 I agree with grotesk_faery on wanting to see a picture of the corset. But of course, if you're going to enjoy yourself and have fun with it, I say go for it! <3

I agree with you. Steampunk isn't a genre with a set of guidelines so strict you have to adhere directly to them or you won't be considered steampunk. It could actually turn out looking like someone who fell through time from the present day into an alternate past and incorporated something they loved from their time into the dress of the time they are now finding themselves in.

And as stated, cosplay is about enjoyment, so if it's something you want to do, go for it and have fun!

wonderland-chan
11-08-2010, 06:05 PM
This just gave me the cutest vision of Hello Kitty in a monocle and a leather top hat :3

Do you have any pictures of the corset? I think this is a good idea, but if you're centering it around something that couldn't work for steampunk, then it just can't turn out well.

I do have a picture
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/therealdeathnote/IMG_1760.jpg
and a full view with wip
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/therealdeathnote/IMG_1759.jpg

grotesk_faery
11-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Hmm... Well, the Halloween theme is definitely very modern, but I think you should go for it anyway and see where it takes you! ^-^

LeekFish
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Hmm, interesting~ I agree, just experiment and see what you come up with. :3

Mehdia
11-08-2010, 11:04 PM
That is very cute and very Halloween, but I think if you do it right, you could steampunk it.

Distorted-Plush
11-28-2010, 05:45 PM
This is the most amazing idea ever, full steam head!

daylight
11-28-2010, 06:02 PM
that sounds awesome, although IMO corsets are more cyberpunk... well, I guess it depends on the corset. Im sure you can make it work wonderfully it sounds like an amazing idea

burning112d
11-28-2010, 09:51 PM
This is why I love steampunk, it is so flexible. You can be hardcore goth or cute hello kitty.

I am sure it will be quite epic.

LilMaibe
11-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Wait... JUST because you bought one corset?
Why not juts go plain elegant lolita instead of trying to steampunk it up?

wonderland-chan
11-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Wait... JUST because you bought one corset?
Why not juts go plain elegant lolita instead of trying to steampunk it up?
Becuse I think of hello Kitty of more of a sweet lolita theam, and sweet lolita is not my thing

Flora88
11-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Becuse I think of hello Kitty of more of a sweet lolita theam, and sweet lolita is not my thing

Hmmm...between the two, I'd say Hello Kitty fits more of a Lolita sort of thing than Steampunk.
But that certainly doesn't mean you have to go Sweet Lolita. I think you'd be able to do Gothic Lolita or Classic Lolita as well. Possibly even Punk Lolita if you played your cards right.

As far as Steampunk goes, I'd have to see your idea for the rest of your outfit before I can really form a decisive opinion as to whether or not it wouldn't clash with a Steampunk outfit. :)

Morluna
01-10-2011, 05:32 PM
This sounds adorable. Maybe she should have a tiny top hat... and a little cutesy bustle skirt or something. I say do it!

LadyAri13
09-19-2011, 11:01 AM
I hav to admit to being curious about how u pulled this off

DarkFirepr
01-09-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm also curious. Post pics when done. Enjoy your steam punk experience.

Ororo Monroe
01-14-2012, 03:01 PM
If this can be infected with Hello Kitty, anything is possible.http://www.saynotocrack.com/index.php/2007/05/14/hello-kitty-darth-vader/

CorporatePuppet
04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
it'll be cute and bad-ass at the same time :D
i like the idea!

pocky_penguin66
04-02-2012, 02:03 PM
I definitely think you should try to focus more of an aristocratic lolita style because aristo's are very similar to steampunk *without all of the watches, gears, etc...* You'd just have to add those elements. With the print, I don't think it really gives off that Steampunkish look. Just don't try to make it a certain thing. Do whatever you'd like with it to make it look like one outfit. If you try to hard to make it steampunk I don't think it would look right with the print on the corset. You are using that as the base of your outfit, so I would go from that.

Either way, this is just my opinion, but I think it would look best with an aristo loli look to it. :) Have fun with it. ♥

Kieko922
04-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I like the steam punk hello kitty idea and don't think you should go with lolita at all, I'm not saying that it can't be done but its extremely hard to pull of hello kitty print and Halloween themed at that. I know some pretty top dog lolitas and even they stay away from stuff like this in fear that they might look tacky. Steam punk just doesn't have all the rules that lolita has and it just seems like its a lot more fun.

wonderland-chan
04-09-2012, 09:07 PM
I can't believe that this thread is still going, I have already had the outfit done for a long time.
http://therealdeathnote.deviantart.com/gallery/24016684#/d3jl8a0
http://therealdeathnote.deviantart.com/gallery/24016684#/d3jlb82

Ororo Monroe
04-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the pics. The overall outfit reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.

wonderland-chan
04-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the pics. The overall outfit reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.
no problum

Shine-Chan
04-22-2012, 02:32 AM
It is not bad but the corset matches nothing else in the outfit except the shoes and socks. The body of the outfit is so softly colored that the corset sticks our like neon and to be perfectly honest I see a basic neo Victorian outfit with a random corset slapped on the outside. Bring out more than just the black if you wanted it to realy work. Try for fall colors brown reds yellows and orange to make a more cohesive outfit. Accessorize it, jewelry hats gloves they all go a long way to make a plain outfit work. What about a belt on your hips with gadgets? A hat with a fancy band? It needs something more.

wonderland-chan
04-23-2012, 10:14 AM
It is not bad but the corset matches nothing else in the outfit except the shoes and socks. The body of the outfit is so softly colored that the corset sticks our like neon and to be perfectly honest I see a basic neo Victorian outfit with a random corset slapped on the outside. Bring out more than just the black if you wanted it to realy work. Try for fall colors brown reds yellows and orange to make a more cohesive outfit. Accessorize it, jewelry hats gloves they all go a long way to make a plain outfit work. What about a belt on your hips with gadgets? A hat with a fancy band? It needs something more.

thanks for tht input. :)

Ororo Monroe
04-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Every good cosplay leaves room for improvement. Otherwise where is the fun.