PDA

View Full Version : Injuries?

noirstar45
11-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Have you guys ever have to stop working out because of injuries? Do you just adjust your workouts to not target the area that hurts?

When my horse was young and crazy, she dumped me twice and I landed on my right shoulder blade twice. I've gone to acupuncturist and massage therapy, but the in my last massage session I think I have some sort of joint issue. Because the muscle seemed fine, but I still had pain. I plan on seeing my doctor next week (not that I think he'll do anything but tell me to take motrin which I have been on a daily basis), but I still want to workout. I've been mainly doing bodyrock.tv, but her workouts tend to be full body. And she's fan of push ups, which my shoulder is not pleased with right now.

Loplod
11-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Injuries suck, You just have to work around them as best you can.

I have never done anything that didn't take about a week to heal up so I can't really offer experience on that point, Someone else might though..

Just go easy and wait for it to heal up then you can start again. If you really want to work out then do some legwork, Or start nice and easy and don't push the shoulder too hard.

Better to wait a month and start again than push yourself to hard and need to wait a year.

32spartan11
11-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Have you guys ever have to stop working out because of injuries? Do you just adjust your workouts to not target the area that hurts?

When my horse was young and crazy, she dumped me twice and I landed on my right shoulder blade twice. I've gone to acupuncturist and massage therapy, but the in my last massage session I think I have some sort of joint issue. Because the muscle seemed fine, but I still had pain. I plan on seeing my doctor next week (not that I think he'll do anything but tell me to take motrin which I have been on a daily basis), but I still want to workout. I've been mainly doing bodyrock.tv, but her workouts tend to be full body. And she's fan of push ups, which my shoulder is not pleased with right now.

I partially tore my labrum (cartlidge surrounding the shoulder joint) a while back playing football. Didnt hurt during regular stuff, but couldnt throw and lift with it. Your doc will prob have you go through physcial therapy which will help singnificantly (if you have a good therapist) even if something is torn. Just work hard at the therapy and stay with it, good luck!

Skeff
11-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I broke my left foot around this time last year (mosh pit at a powerman 5000 concert :P).

I wasnt able to go to the gym due to the crutches for 5 weeks and the inflatable boot I had to wear for another 3 weeks. It took me a while to get back to my usual running pace, muscles had deteriorated slightly and it just felt weird in general to walk on it again. Thankfully, it wasnt a bad break, it just needed time.

Loplod
11-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh, they joys of moshing at a metal concert.

KamenRiderAgito
11-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Ugh. I landed wrong on my ankle at taekwondo practice last night and fractured it. I cannot begin to explain how annoyed I am. This means no taekwondo and no running for a while, and even a day is too much in my opinion. Until I'm back at one hundred percent, I'll. have to focus on arms and core.

SamuriSmurfX
11-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Ive had a few ...

I tore a muscle in my back once. Couldn't tell it, didn't bother me except for when I tried running. So for six months I didn't run or sometimes wouldn't do cardio at all.

Other times is a wrist injury or shoulder injury and i'll work through it if it wasnt bad, avoid that body part if I could, or lighten the load. Lightening the load and a few days of rest well get you through most injuries.

Vai
11-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Ugh. I landed wrong on my ankle at taekwondo practice last night and fractured it. I cannot begin to explain how annoyed I am. This means no taekwondo and no running for a while, and even a day is too much in my opinion. Until I'm back at one hundred percent, I'll. have to focus on arms and core.

Boy I know how that feels. I broke my ankle earlier in the year which required surgery, ending up taking 3-4 months off from gym. My calve muscle was nearly the size of my ankle at that point.