PDA

View Full Version : Trainers

Archangelz
11-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Hello everyone! I have been playing around with the idea of hiring a personal trainer to help me push to some new awesome heights. Do you guys have any advice on picking one? Does anyone have a compelling reason why hiring a personal trainer wouldn't actually be a good idea?

Loplod
11-05-2010, 03:35 AM
Its extra money? Thats what stops most people.

But if you have cash to burn and you feel it would help, By all means go for it!
I know lots of people have trouble pushing themselves that little further, Myself included most days. I would be interested to see what some of the other guys' opinions on the subject are

saiyamanmasenko
11-05-2010, 05:38 AM
Depends on where you get one and what you are looking to do. Some gyms with the personal trainer option have those trainers just to get you to pay extra for somebody to "motivate" you. As with everything, I suggest researching the trainer before making a decision. Bear in mind that some certificates can be obtained by completing a weekend seminar so make sure you know what they have actually studied and where.

Frostmourne
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
My gym lets you go for a "test run" with a personal trainer when you join. I personally started going to one about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I've lost 1.5% body fat since I initially started changing my routine and going with a personal trainer. Of course I also go to fitness classes a couple of times a week now and changed up my cardio/lifting routine. And diet is extremely important as well, of course.

tehcate
11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
If you have the cash laying around, it's a great investment if you can get a good one and if you have a hard time motivating yourself.

Like others said, try and interview them about their experience and qualifications before you settle on one. This blog post by a trainer explains the process and what to look for pretty well: http://www.tonygentilcore.com/2008/03/how-to-find-a-good-personal-trainer/

I started going to a trainer about 3 months ago and it's helped a TON. He's helped me work on my running form, got my bench press up to a respectable amount, and I basically gave him my goals and permission to go drill sergeant on me until I reach them. I'm sore more days than not, but it's fantastic.

noir-P
11-06-2010, 11:00 AM
i dont think you need one. if your at a plateau just change your routine.

search up different exercises and change it up.

as long as you change it up every once and a while you'll keep seeing new results.