PDA

View Full Version : Tooth health

Seiten Taisei
11-05-2010, 01:23 PM
I've been using Colgate whiting tooth paste with little progress of "Whiting" my teeth.
The problem is, I drink soda at least once a day or sweeten tea. Even though they prove that Soda doesn't stain your teeth as much as coffee does. But I would like to know if anyone has any tooth paste recommendation.

(I apologizes if this is in the wrong area, it seems suited for "fitness" )

Gypsyangelf4i
11-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Most whitening toothpastes are the same. Since your teeth effectively become a little whiter once they're clean, the toothpaste manufacturer can put "whitening" on the label. I myself use Crest Pro Health whitening and after about 6 months, yeah, they're a little whiter.

Have you tried the Crest White Strips yet? Look for the "classic" as it has the most whitening agent in it. Yes, even more than the Professional.

daylight
11-05-2010, 03:16 PM
yeah the Crest White Strips work pretty good
I had a friend use them after she got her braces off and it made her teeth REALLY white. like woa

Rosemary_red
11-05-2010, 04:26 PM
mmmm, I think my training as a dental assistant can help you.

Personally, I recommend that you don't drink as much Soda and tea because unlike regular coffee they both carry not only acids but also sugar that with feed the plague and bacteria that's already in your mouth that brake down your teeth and cause gingivitis( when your gums bleed)and cavities. I also recommend Colgate total for a teeth whitening toothpaste because it not only has good ingredients like peroxide, which help your teeth become whiter, but its also gentle on the gums.

And remember, try to brush your teeth after each meal or at least two times a day and don't forget to floss.

Eau de Decus
11-07-2010, 01:20 AM
I use to drink regular soda like it was sugary air. I remember being able to polish off several per day (no joke). Eventually, I cut it completely for sheriff academy training and for overall health reasons. Luckily I did it before it damaged my teeth, so that is good, but a few minor adjustments to my routine greatly improved my teeth's health in short time. First, I switched from a manual toothbrush to an electric one. I use a Braun one right now and love it. They are really expensive at first, but I think they are worth all the money in the world. I got mine for about $130.00. I also switched from my normal toothpaste (which consisted of various types like Colgate, Crest...etc) and started using sensodyne toothpaste.

With that, I also use either Listerine mouth wash, or Crest Pro Health (if the alcohol of Listerine bothers you too much) and make sure to floss when you brush.

Since I consumed so much soda, I had pretty sensitive teeth and switching my toothbrush and my toothpaste worked great. I don't have any kind of sensitivity issues anymore and my teeth look even whiter than before. Yay for happy teeth. XD

ShineyPenny
11-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Toothpaste really won't whiten your teeth as much as the commercials claim, you'll need to get the whitening strips. I use Crest Classics and they work fine. Your teeth may get sensitive, so take an aspirin before using the strips.

As far as coffee and soda goes, it's best to rinse your mouth with water to get rid of the acid these products have before brushing. This is because the acid can get dug into the enamel and cause it to deteriorate faster.

blackmagick
11-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Try brushing your teeth with baking soda as well as brushing them normally. I helps a lot.