PDA

View Full Version : Kanda Cosplay Help

BlueRockAngel
11-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I’m looking around at different things for Yuu Kanda’s 3rd uniform. I’ve found a wig, and accessories. I’m looking for fabric. I’ve used woven cotton for costumes before but that would be a little thin. I was thinking twill or black denim. (I made a jacket for my husband out of twill. But it’s expensive. Denim would be a little less expensive but will it be too havey.) I was wondering what kind of fabric other people who’ve made the 3rd uniform used?
I'm also want to know where I can find a sword? I keep finding Mugen but they aways turn out to be steel. I would like to find a good wood or plastic one or what ever most cosplayers have.

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/bluerockangel/?action=view&current=KandaR.jpg

o01101011
11-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Reference images?

Brsis
11-06-2010, 08:05 AM
The 3rd uniform is the one with the red braid and tassels, correct? When I made my doll sized Lavi version I used silk twill, but that's prohibitively expensive for something the size of Kanda's coat. I always envision the 3rd uniforms being in something smooth or even satiny, so a cotton sateen with a nice handle (Which you can often find in the upholstery/curtains section rather inexpensively, and comes in medium to very heavy) might be worth looking into.

euterpe42
12-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I got my Mugen at a con, so I'm probably not very helpful...I've seen some wooden ones online, but they seem to be overpriced and of questionable quality. You might be better off trying to find one in person.

By the way, where have you found the metal swords? I haven't been able to find any.