PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see at MAX?

LelouchYamazaki
11-07-2010, 01:46 AM
If you haven't joined the MAX forum I know a few of the MAX staffers usually frequent cosplay.com so let's hear what people would like to see from the upcoming Club2theMAX.com for 2011?

I would love to see some big bands like Uverworld, T.M. Revolution, L'arc En Ciel, Yui for sure.

Love to see some awesome artists from japan and vocie actors man too many Id love to see.

Freight
11-07-2010, 11:21 AM
I'd like to see a good music show. According to my tastes, that's the Emeralds, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, or the Pillows.

If you have to have an idol, focus on a good single act like Nami Tamaki or Shoko Nakagawa... Maybe Crystal Kay or Sowelu for a first convention show.

Exhibitors: AAA Anime, Kotobukiya, ABCToy4Me

Guests: Stan Lee, representatives from video game company Capcom

Apocali
11-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Grabbing a few DJs like Myndset or Skrillex for a concert? They're local, and may attract more visitors! :D

thetrueking
11-07-2010, 12:15 PM
I'd like to see an Anime Music Video Contest as well as YUI and AKG as guests of honors.

Freight
11-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Grabbing a few DJs like Myndset or Skrillex for a concert? They're local, and may attract more visitors! :D

DJ Amaya is local, too.

Hakaider
11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Dream Guest List: (Yeah I know that some of them are going to be quite hard to get, so this is just a wish list.)

1. The return of the musical group, AKB48.

2. The return of Danny Choo. ( The dancing Tokyo Imperial Stormtooper)

3. Go Nagai (Creator of Mazinger "Z", Great Mazinger, Devilman,Getta Robot, Getta Robot "G", Cutey Honey.)

4. Kenichi Sonoda-Character designer for Bubblegum Crisis, Gunsmith Cats, Gall Force

5. Yoshiyuki Sadamato-Character designer for Evangelion, Nadia-Secret of Blue Water

6. Yuko Miyamura-Seiyu voice actress of Asuka Langley from Evangelion

7. Noburo Ishiguro-Director for Macross, Orguss, and Megazone 23.

8. Mari Ijima-Voice actress/singer for the original Lynn Minmay from Macross. (She lives in the U.S. now.)

9. Haruhiko Mikimoto-Character designer for the original Macross, Orguss, Gundam 0080: War In the Pocket

10. Yohko Minamino (Nanno), Yuki Saito & Yui Asaka from the original Sukeban Deka series. (Yeah, I know this is a bit unlikely.)

11. Yohko Kanno-Musical composer for Macross Plus, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost In the Shell

12. Noizi Ito-Character designer for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Shakugan no Shana

13. Kōsuke Fujishima-Character designer for Sakura Wars/Taisen, You're Under Arrest, Oh My Goddess!

14. Aya Hirano-Seiyu voice actress for Haruhi Suzumiya & Konata from Lucky Star (And the cast from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star)

And for American guests....Actor Mark Hamill- Luke Skywalker from the original Star Wars. (He's dubbed his voice in one of the Robotech series, and was the voice for the "Joker" in the Batman animated series.)

Cadmium Polyphony
11-07-2010, 09:33 PM
I second Mark Hamill. And third. And fourth.

Just bring Mark Hamill.

El_Duque
11-07-2010, 11:48 PM
1. The return of the musical group, AKB48.

2. The return of Danny Choo. ( The dancing Tokyo Imperial Stormtooper)

This...

I already got two pics with Danny and an autograph also. AKB48's return will lift a year long painful agony after AX's piss poor handling of their autograph session.

LelouchYamazaki
11-08-2010, 02:27 AM
heres hoping to MAX listening to what people want *nudge nudge*

for Summer Matsuri its open for bands to sign up based on the press release so if there is anyone you guys want to see play have them sign up for it. I'm trying to get my friends band to play (trust me it's a good one), I'd say who it is but I'm sure AX would try to jack em for sure so I shall wait to see if they sign up.

from the press release:
Bands and volunteers interested in performing at this year's event and have questions, please email info@club2themax.com

sicdedman
11-08-2010, 08:57 AM
well i have a list of Names for Music artists but i doubt they will be there but i can dream...

AKB48
C-ute
Berryz Koubou
Ayumi Hamasaki
Momoiro Clover
Yui
Girugamesh
BORN
Momoi Halko
An Cafe
Morning Musume (but their lineup prob wouldnt be complete with (Eri,Linlin,Junjun Leaving)

there are about 6 Japanese Voice actors i would like to see, but i forget there names right now.

There are about 2 American Voice actors i would like to see, but i forget their names as well lol.

im signed up for AX but depending who MAX has for Musical Guests i'll check them out! (i want to support BOTH)

Simmaria
11-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Just bring Mark Hamill.

Fith, And Sixth, And Seventh that.

daylight
11-08-2010, 02:48 PM

Just bring Mark Hamill.

Fith, And Sixth, And Seventh that.

eighth ninth and tenth it.

that would be so awesome!

RivetSPOOn
11-08-2010, 03:09 PM
eighth ninth and tenth it.

that would be so awesome!

OVER 9000TH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X_Rikku_X
11-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Yesssss, An Cafe! But aren't they on haitus?

sicdedman
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Yesssss, An Cafe! But aren't they on haitus?

yes, An Cafe is on Haitus. but they never said for how long and MAX is not for another
(33 Weeks, 3 Days, 18 Hours, 35 Minutes) I think MAX could have a Chance at Having them for 1 Weekend!

DangerKelp
11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Mark Hamill! if you book him they will come...

RivetSPOOn
11-09-2010, 12:04 AM
An Cafe don't like Americans, though, because the only reason any of us like them is because they make us think of Animu characters. :'(

POOR BABIES.

mlarad
11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
It will be nice if there is a masquerade or cosplay contest. I bet there will be a lot of people cosplaying and the ACC has nice locations too!

LelouchYamazaki
11-09-2010, 12:22 AM
An Cafe don't like Americans, though, because the only reason any of us like them is because they make us think of Animu characters. :'(

POOR BABIES.

I remember when I was at Fanime a few years back and An Cafe was the guest musical guest, I missed them since I had to work but everyone loved them so I was disappointed.

Who knows like sicdedman said is still 33 weeks away and anything can happen between that time, Im just hoping MAX gets some awesome as hell guests.

I hear it will be a nice mix of culture this year so I can't wait.

El_Duque
11-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Since MAX is also trying to appeal to comics, how about Geoff Johns?

Hakaider
11-09-2010, 01:55 AM
It will be nice if there is a masquerade or cosplay contest. I bet there will be a lot of people cosplaying and the ACC has nice locations too!

According to the MAX forum, there is supposed to be a Masquerade. They just haven't updated it yet.

http://forums.club2themax.com/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=eea53ce3bdebc05bca85bb6a9f0ad645

LelouchYamazaki
11-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Hey I remember seeing Stan Lee at the at the Yoshiki event, when I covered the Black Carpet even lets not forget Stan and Yoshiki at NY comic con, so hey MAX might just give us some comic stuff if we request enough head over to the MAX forums and get heard, unlike most other anime forums boards seems MAX is really listening.

Celcia
11-14-2010, 03:34 AM
I'd like to see:

Musical:

May'n
Megumi Nakajima
Masami Okui

Manga:

Arina Tanemura
Kaori Yuki
CLAMP

Voice actors:

Maaya Sakamoto
Houko Kuwashima
Aya Endo
Riie Tanaka

Freight
11-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Hey I remember seeing Stan Lee at the at the Yoshiki event, when I covered the Black Carpet even lets not forget Stan and Yoshiki at NY comic con, so hey MAX might just give us some comic stuff if we request enough head over to the MAX forums and get heard, unlike most other anime forums boards seems MAX is really listening.

I saw him, too, but I was hoping he would speak and take a few questions. Turned out he was a VIP guest of the event, and not in a GOH role.

Considering the recent anime success he had (Heroman), I'd like to hear him speak on the matter, and he'd be a great cross-genre draw.

LelouchYamazaki
11-14-2010, 05:17 PM
I'd like to see:

Musical:

May'n
Megumi Nakajima
Masami Okui

Manga:

Arina Tanemura
Kaori Yuki
CLAMP

Voice actors:

Maaya Sakamoto
Houko Kuwashima
Aya Endo
Riie Tanaka

We already had May'n and Megumi this year for AX so I think having some new blood would be great, not knocking it as I was excited, singing and dancing along at the concert, but oooh CLAMP would be awesome to have for sure.

I saw him, too, but I was hoping he would speak and take a few questions. Turned out he was a VIP guest of the event, and not in a GOH role.

Considering the recent anime success he had (Heroman), I'd like to hear him speak on the matter, and he'd be a great cross-genre draw.

Yea he was only there cause he was working on X Japan's music video having a part in it, but was awesome I did get to ask him about Heroman and some of his insight on Anime and where he see's himself in it in my personal collection XD..Id share but my camera got busted and unless I can shell out like 600 I have no way to change it to Digitial. Ah that was the highlight of my night, I'm wanting MAX to do something similar but for everyone

Hakaider
11-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Hmm..What are the chances of having a 3-D Holographic concert of Volcaloid's Miku Hatsune? (She'll be a guest in 3-D.)

It's apparently catching on in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI&feature=player_embedded

Freight
11-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Hmm..What are the chances of having a 3-D Holographic concert of Volcaloid's Miku Hatsune? (She'll be a guest in 3-D.)

It's apparently catching on in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI&feature=player_embedded

They're really starting to talk about it internationally, too. I keep reading articles about newspapers across Europe and Asia talking about the curiosity of a virtual idol concert and a lot of people are intrigued.

sicdedman
11-16-2010, 09:07 AM
They're really starting to talk about it internationally, too. I keep reading articles about newspapers across Europe and Asia talking about the curiosity of a virtual idol concert and a lot of people are intrigued.

would be very cool! to have a 3d Holigraphic Concert!
Also have the Voice Actress *Saki Fujita*At AM2 as well to sign the Autographs at (Session)

Freight
11-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Actually, they're nearing having an English version of Vocaloid for the US/UK market, so now would be a good time to approach them to have their (first?) U.S. concert.

LelouchYamazaki
11-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Actually, they're nearing having an English version of Vocaloid for the US/UK market, so now would be a good time to approach them to have their (first?) U.S. concert.

*shivers* as long as it is not the possible english version of Hatsune Miku I' be cool with that, but the first U.S. concert for Hatsune Miku was already done in San Fransisco using from a previous show in Japan, so it would be the first original XD as odd as that sounds.

I could see this fitting into AM2 for the animation and music part lol, but that would be something I'd love to see myself since I have yet to see it too.

darkchappy
11-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Artist: Abingdon Boys School
Seiyuu: Mamoru Miyano
American Voice Actor: Brad Swaile
Company n staff:Production IG, Sunrise, Capcom
Manga Artist: Akira Amano (Reborn!)

LelouchYamazaki
11-21-2010, 10:17 PM
I was thinking we should have some AM2(squared) get togethers in the upcoming future, we could try getting some of the organizers together and just hang out sort of like how other cons do the same at some random area....anyone down?

It be cool so everyone can learn more about the con

Freight
11-21-2010, 11:25 PM
If it's on a weekend, I think I can get myself and my wife there.

RivetSPOOn
11-22-2010, 05:54 AM
So... Like an AM^2 picnic like ALA likes to do?

LelouchYamazaki
11-22-2010, 11:56 PM
who knows picnic, get together, event can be anything I got the idea from ALA event I attended for the Sakura Festival and liked the idea of it all, so thought why not see if AM2 thought the same.

LelouchYamazaki
12-13-2010, 06:43 PM
If many have you seen the important anime posts, the news around Anime News Network/Sankaku Complex and a few other anime news related websites Japan has cracked down on anime which includes ecchi and anything school wise via a new bill.

Tons of Anime companies have banded together against this lame bill being passed and have opted out of Tokyo Anime Festival (one of Japans largest anime conventions that is the size of 4 times the size of Anime expo which is to spread the culture that anime has had and will have), which include Shonen Jump and many others which is close to 50%

http://img1.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/safe-ix/taf-boycott-before-and-after.jpg

Now while not everyone enjoys these type of mangas/anime it is still a freedom of expression, many of the previous titles will be canceled, removed from re production or sold only as 18+ if not deemed healthy for younger audiences and as for future titles they will be never created, removed from release schedule or never printed/created if they were going to be.

So While Japan is suffering from this it doesn't mean other countries can't still get these as hard as it may sound why can't something like AM2 be able to host what could be or start an american release for this stuff you know....it's a simple dream because heck I would love to see a High School of the Dead 2, if it effects Beelzebub or The World God Only knows i'll be really mad, what do you guys think?

sicdedman
12-13-2010, 08:41 PM
As much as i love Anime, Girls Bravo among Alot of other Animes. i do feel like the Bill should be passed and stop Anime's from showing girl characters that look like they are younger than they are,showing upskirt all the time,or other Suggestive Behavior. It feeds the mind of a Sick Person's Mind. even though it is ONLY Anime as people say, it still feeds the (SICK) people's Desire's. The Anime World MIGHT be in ruin if the Bill pass's but New Idea's will Emerge from the Brilliant Minds Behind Alot of the Good Anime we have Now!

You DONT need (Sex,Drugs,Profanity,Ultra Violents,Nudity) to make a Anime Funny,Good,Awesome! not saying a little violents or fighting cant be thrown in. The problem is (That's What Sells). People ALWAYS want More and when they are Given More they are STILL NOT SATISFIED. It Leads to ADDICTION.

So say what you want about my Opinion ( I Vote for Bill )

LelouchYamazaki
12-13-2010, 10:25 PM
As much as i love Anime, Girls Bravo among Alot of other Animes. i do feel like the Bill should be passed and stop Anime's from showing girl characters that look like they are younger than they are,showing upskirt all the time,or other Suggestive Behavior. It feeds the mind of a Sick Person's Mind. even though it is ONLY Anime as people say, it still feeds the (SICK) people's Desire's. The Anime World MIGHT be in ruin if the Bill pass's but New Idea's will Emerge from the Brilliant Minds Behind Alot of the Good Anime we have Now!

You DONT need (Sex,Drugs,Profanity,Ultra Violents,Nudity) to make a Anime Funny,Good,Awesome! not saying a little violents or fighting cant be thrown in. The problem is (That's What Sells). People ALWAYS want More and when they are Given More they are STILL NOT SATISFIED. It Leads to ADDICTION.

So say what you want about my Opinion ( I Vote for Bill )

I don't completely agree or disagree with you, while I do believe the younger child hentai could be done with out but attacking the whole anime industry is just a slap in the face.
Talkling about the sex, drugs, profanity and violence thats like every American TV show other than the talk shows and very few other shows, Even our cartoons depict sex, foul language, drugs and so on but the difference is we have them regulated which should of been done other than banning it and not talking to the people who have put Japan on the map with anime.

Everyone has their tastes, and opinion of everything some things take it too far and some are just right either way I see this more of an opportunity for outside countries like USA and Europe to be more involved especially cons where more can get out there.

LelouchYamazaki
12-27-2010, 12:51 AM
So who here plays any TCG games, my goal is to work with or try to run a Trading card game room with judges and hopefully enough people would be interested so maybe we can get some companies like pokemon company, Bandai, Konami, and Wizards of the Coast to donate some prizes or so.

darkchappy
12-27-2010, 03:53 AM
So who here plays any TCG games, my goal is to work with or try to run a Trading card game room with judges and hopefully enough people would be interested so maybe we can get some companies like pokemon company, Bandai, Konami, and Wizards of the Coast to donate some prizes or so.

I play both Yu-Gi-Oh! and Magic the Gathering here and also gonna start getting into the Pokemon TCG again

Maguma
12-28-2010, 08:25 PM
I'd love to see some cool guests of honor in the gaming industry as well as some really fun events!

LelouchYamazaki
12-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Agreed I heard there are some game companies are working with AM2 shouldn't be too hard seeing as Chase Wang has a history working with video game companies before starting Bam

LelouchYamazaki
02-04-2011, 08:23 PM
It was hinted on the AM2 facebook via Chase Wang:

Hint 1:
Autobots, Roll out!

Since the con falls on the 1st of July as well as Transformers 3 releases on the 1st, wonder what we will be seeing

sicdedman
02-05-2011, 10:28 AM
i have never been into Transformers/Robots/Gundam. just does not appeal to me/ i know know lots of other people love it which is cool! but i never had even a single thought about (hmm should i try and give it a chance)

----------------------------------

I would like for (Morning Musume) to be at AM2. with the New Line Up and (Takahashi Ai) Graduating this year It would be Good for USA Fans and for (Morning Musume). Good for Sales/Exposure at AX they were a HUGE Hit 2 years ago Products went flying off the shelves it was krayzie.

Also i would like to see (Dream Morning Musume) That would be Very Cool!
Dream Morning Musume is Nakazawa Yuko (37), Iida Kaori (29), Abe Natsumi (29), Yasuda Kei (30), Yaguchi Mari (28), Ishikawa Rika (26), Yoshizawa Hitomi (25), Ogawa Makoto (23), Fujimoto Miki (25), and Kusumi Koharu (18).

LelouchYamazaki
02-11-2011, 11:46 PM
New Hint from Chase Wangs Facebook:

Guess who's coming to AM2?

Hint #2: Hulk SMASH!!!

July 1-3, 2011l Anaheim Convention Center

any guesses, we got Lou Ferrigno, and Edward Norton so far XD

daylight
02-12-2011, 12:09 AM
New Hint from Chase Wangs Facebook:

Guess who's coming to AM2?

Hint #2: Hulk SMASH!!!

July 1-3, 2011l Anaheim Convention Center

any guesses, we got Lou Ferrigno, and Edward Norton so far XD

^ Stan Lee!!!!!

I hope

sicdedman
02-12-2011, 02:45 AM
are you serious? Edward Norton is going to AM2? or is that just a Guess?
Edward Norton is Awesome!

LelouchYamazaki
02-13-2011, 02:43 AM
all guesses.

all around people are thinking possibly the original hulk from the tv show, Edward norton from last hulk movie or even the person playing the hulk in the next movie Mark Ruffalo.

Stan Lee would be a good addition, but then we would probably get something like Excelsior!!

Either way we got something on Tranformers and Hulk now for AM2

sicdedman
02-13-2011, 09:12 AM
I think Stan Lee WILL be at AM2 only because.

He is doing a Comic Book with (X Japan)
He is a Perfect Addition to ANY New Con Starting Up
He is an Icon

so i think he is will there. i have seen him many times, but never got his Autograph or met him. would be kinda cool to get his Autograph and meet him....

LelouchYamazaki
02-14-2011, 04:29 AM
haha I've met that guy a few dozen times got him to sign a few things he's awesome.

He was also at last years Club2themax event, I talked to him in the Yoshiki's black carpet event but still I;s like to meet the guy as much as possible because he is the ultimate nerds must meet.

**he is also going to be in one of X japans music videos as a bad guy

LelouchYamazaki
02-17-2011, 03:53 PM
well am2 has released 2 videos:

Guess who's coming to AM2: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=225228&page=4

and to promote the con: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW_zJ6zVx0U

they also announced a pre registration contest.

Hakaider
02-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Any chance that AM2 can get Danny Choo aka the "Dancing Imperial Stormtrooper" as well? I know he's coming to AX, but there's no reason as to why he can't come to both cons. The new Star Tours ride may be opening up at Disneyland around that time so that could also give him a chance to check it out while he's at Anaheim.

ElCapitan
02-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Any chance that AM2 can get Danny Choo aka the "Dancing Imperial Stormtrooper" as well? I know he's coming to AX, but there's no reason as to why he can't come to both cons. The new Star Tours ride may be opening up at Disneyland around that time so that could also give him a chance to check it out while he's at Anaheim.
It's standard practice for AX to include an exclusivity clause in the GOH contracts. Unless that's been changed, I'm afraid sharing isn't a possibility (which makes me sad, btw, I'd love to see Danny Choo at AM^2).

Hakaider
02-24-2011, 07:55 PM
It's standard practice for AX to include an exclusivity clause in the GOH contracts. Unless that's been changed, I'm afraid sharing isn't a possibility (which makes me sad, btw, I'd love to see Danny Choo at AM^2).

But didn't the guest of honor Nabeshin (Shinichi Watanabe) went to both Pacific Media Expo & AX? (A lot of people were asking about that last year, and AX never really answered about that part.) Plus Danny Choo isn't a GOH from any anime or manga company, so he's pretty much an independent fan and it's on his own time. Perhaps someone from AM2 could always ask him if he's willing to come, instead of naturally assuming that he's not allowed to go to both cons? (If he says "No", because he did sign a contract that barred him from going to another con, then it's a done deal. But perhaps someone from AM2 could actually asked him directly if he's allowed to go to both cons?)

ElCapitan
02-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Yes, Nabeshin went to PMX, but you also have to bear in mind that he went to PMX before AX. There's a few easily plausible scenarios that come to mind. First, I'd assume he was signed as a GOH after already appearing at PMX. If that was the case, it was simply too late to do anything about. Even if he hadn't physically appeared at PMX yet, he might have already signed with PMX before being approached by AX. If both cons use a comparable lead time in talking to GOHs, he might have unavoidably committed. Alternately, maybe they just wanted him badly enough to grant the exception. Shrug. We'll probably never know.

I don't honestly know all the contractual details for signing GOHs at AX, but like I said, it is (or at least was) standard procedure to include the clause mentioned. To the best of my knowledge, it was never dependent on what company you came from, it was just in by default. Assuming Danny Choo signed under typical terms, it'd probably be in there.

That said, I don't really see the harm in checking. I'll pass on word to our GR team that people are interested.

LelouchYamazaki
02-26-2011, 02:29 AM
2 more AM2 announcements:

Calling all animators, directors and creators! With the intention to encourage new talent and to provide more visibility for new animation properties and talent, this summer’s most anticipated FREE convention event, AM2 (July 1-3, 2011; Anaheim Convention Center) proudly announces its call for entries for the 1st Annual AM2 Animation Festival and Competition. Winners will be selected by the public and will be announced at the end of this year’s event. Winners will also receive cash prizes as well as the pride of receiving the winning titles of Best U.S. Animated Short, Best International Animated Short, Best U.S. Animated Feature, Best International Animated Feature and Best of Show.

and

Attendees get ready as AMē (pronounced: “A”, “M” “Squared”; July 1-3, 2011; Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center) announces some of its interactive activities for 2011-including the AMē Dance, Cosplay Chess, Iron Cosplay, Twilight Teatime and more to come!

so looks like some new events are being brought in, I like the DJ set they listed on their site and the Animation Festival has some interesting possibilities depending who participates.

Thymidine
03-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Looks like AM2 is getting Scandal. YAY!!! I just read their GOH thing on their website and Chase Wang's facebook.

LelouchYamazaki
03-03-2011, 11:36 PM
not 100% confirmed but was done with a hint:

"Hint: They rock so hard, it's ... Scandalous!!!"

While the girls rock and are awesome we take away the "ous" from the name to get Scandal so kind of obvious, but since Chase's last two hints are kind of still up in the air he might of be giving us an obvious one.

If so man I look forward to it since they are very popular in Japan and really cute too haha, don't tell my gf I said that thou

Perspective
04-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Latest AM2 Commercial! Check it out and spread the word! Get your Passports today!: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM2Con#p/u/0/CRx6m-_hv1s