PDA

View Full Version : inuyasha costume....help me!!

alanmikato
10-09-2003, 10:51 PM
can someone tell me how I can make a GOOD Inuyasha costume or atleast buy one so I can have it before halloween??? please?

gally2003
10-09-2003, 11:03 PM
All I can say is DON'T BUY ONE! All the Inu Yasha costumes that you can buy on the web are really crappy. There like made of felt or somethin. They look really super cheap and ugly. You should try and make your own, and you've probably heard this tons of times but get as many reference photos as possible. That way you know all the perspectives of the costume. And I don't know if your in Jr. high or high school but if you are you can go to the home ec. teacher and get some help with making the costume.

alanmikato
10-10-2003, 03:57 PM
that would be nice, if I took home ec - -; I guess im on my own. any materal suggestions?

Sorahana
10-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Well my mom and me are using my confrimation robe and a pari of red pants we got from the store XD. I wore both together and it looks good!! We just need to cut the holes where they need to go in the outfit XD.

gally2003
10-10-2003, 05:34 PM
I don't take home ec. either but one day I asked if I could go in and work on a costume. So the teacher was really into what I was doing. She would look at my sketches and give me advice. once she even went on the internet to get some photos for me ^^. oh and Amanda CC is on the right track if you can just make the costume out of stuff you find at home or at a thrift store. Example: When I did my first costume ( gally) I used a black tank-top, black pants, for metal looking arms I used a tacky silver shirt, and then spray panted my knee pads silver. Granted it wasn't the best gally ever done, but I did get alot of comments on it.

Sorahana
10-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Hehe why thank you!! I feel so loved right now lol XD;. Yea but use stuff you find around the house or from a thrift store XD. We got the pants from...Walgreens believe it or not lol XD;.

gally2003
10-10-2003, 09:29 PM
I know I said don't go online to buy custumes. But cosplay wigs are an exception. If you need a good inu yasha wig, heres a great site to get one: http://www.katiebair.com/wiggallery.html
I hate to break you the bad news but you might have some compitition for Inu Yasha ( not me though I'm partial to Miroku). My friend Colleen has the inside of her looker door covered in inu yasha pictures, and every time she opens her locker she screams 'HE'S SO HOT'

Sorahana
10-11-2003, 08:49 AM
I ALSO HAVE MY LOCKER COVERED WITH PICS OF INUYASHA!!!!!! XD. I also have pics of his VA. Richard Cox!! Gahahahahaha! Lol XD;. I blow kisses to my Inuyasha pics whenever I open my locker lol XD. Everyone stares lol XD. Thank God I have 2 friends in school who love anime lol XD.I also have pics of Gravitation and Trigun in my locker but mainly Inuyasha XD.

gally2003
10-11-2003, 09:45 AM
We've abandoned the guy who origonally started this thread to start talking about Inu Yasha fandom^^. That ok though I could talk about anime forever. In My locker I have like pics of inu yasha, miroku, vash, of wolfwood, blood the last vampire, the guys from yu yu hakusho, ranma.... Where did you get the pics of Richard Cox ( he's really cute)? Most my friends who like anime are people who I met at cons. Oh and I know those strange look people at school give you very well. I get them all the time. ^^

Koumori
10-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Katie Bair is booked up for wigmaking until the end of next summer, so there's no way you can get a wig from her for Halloween. Likewise, it's really not enough time to be ordering a costume - most cosplay sellers do not sell off-the-rack, but each costume is custom made to the person ordering. 2 weeks is just not enough time to do that, unless you're dealing with a professional who does nothing but make costumes.. and even then I'd think they'd be booked for Halloween by now. So you're probably on your own.

gally2003
10-11-2003, 10:39 AM
OH yeah, stupid me, petting zoo wigs is booked until next september, huh?

Sorahana
10-11-2003, 05:00 PM
I got pics of Richard off a site..........I love him!!! So cute!! I also love Kirby Marrow!! XD.
And you like Wolfwood too?! WOLFWOOD ROCKS!!
Ahem anyway there are some decent Inuyasha costumes on the web but they are damn expensive!! like 100-200 bucks!!

gally2003
10-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Hell yeah! Wolfwood rocks! In fact in the next couple of hours I'm going to my friends cosplay party and I'm dressing as a female wolfwood. I'm wearing the costume right now and working on the details. Oh and about Kirby and Richard, on the last ranma dvd they have pictures of the ranma v.a.'s at a party. Theres one picture of richard and kirby together where they look kinda drunk and are laughing there heads off. It's a priceless picture!

MistressRinRin
10-12-2003, 09:42 AM
need some tips? ^^" well... i can help ya... sorta. Go to wal-mart or something and by a kimono/ninja/karate dude pattern. use the pants from the ninja, the under and over shirt from the karate, only when you make the over one, enlarge the slives. ALOT. oh yeah, and for bow around his waist, just make a belt with the belt patern and tie it around your waist. I hope I didn't totaly confuse you, and good luck! (i'm gonna be inu-yasha for halloween too ^^)

Sorahana
10-12-2003, 10:37 AM
Lol XD;. Yea I can just see Richard and Kirby being drunk lol XD;. Have you ever sen Trouble Chocolate? Richard is the VA for the character Cacao. He does this one scene after he eats chocolate and Cacao gets drunk from eating magical chocolate so Cacao eats it and he's all acting drunk while he says this:
"Hey you jurassic fart? How's it going?! You wana piece of me?! Or are you too scared to take me on?! Here check this out!! :shoots some kind of ray at him: Gahahahahahahaha!"
Later as he's prouncing around still drunk:
"Oh yea! Check it!! It's my birthday! Whoo!"

:roflmao: That part was so funny lol XD. It was episode um............:checks dvd: 14 XD. Good series lol XD. I love it cause Richard is a VA in it lol XD. They probably recorded Richard's voice when he was drunk :rofl: My God Richard is good at his job!! He's my inspiration to become a VA!!!!!!
Ahem back on topic, Wal-Mart is a cosplayer's dream!! Fabric, and stuff for props!! Wh00t!!

gally2003
10-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Aw man, I haven't seen trouble chocolate, but now I'm so gonna have to see it. It sound really fun. And with all this talk of richard doing drunk v.a.'s I have to wonder what inu yasha would sound like drunk. I want to see that some day. I have to agree that richard is probably my favorite v.a., But another good v.a. is Lex Lang (even though he is not cute)
Now I'm just using this thread to talk to you and I don't have any more Inu Yasha cosume advise
Oh hey do you want me to send you a pic of a really cute inu yasha cosplayer I met?

Sorahana
10-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Sure!! Lol XD. I'm being Inuyasha for a cosplay picnic in 2 weeks and Halloween XD. My costume actually looks ok! Just need to spray the wig white and make the slits in the confirmation robe's sleeves a little bigger XD.

gally2003
10-12-2003, 01:47 PM
I'm so happy I finally got my avatar to work!
anyways tell how the picnic goes. I'm going to one in about a month. Though I don't know who I'm gonna go as.

Sorahana
10-12-2003, 02:23 PM
Hehe sure ^_^. Richard Ian Cox rules!!!!!! I just had to say that lol XD. My mom told me I couldn't have "voice actor" as my career. That hurt when she told me that. I undertsand she wants me to get a better paying job than that but that's what I wanna do. First I need to finish high school and go to college lol XD.

gally2003
10-12-2003, 02:52 PM
A v.a. would be a cool job but I would really like to be a animator ( guess what type of animation). Anyways ways if you want to be a v.a. I think that what you should do. And can I get an autograph when you become as famous as richard^_^

Sorahana
10-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Haha sure XD. I have a couple roles in fandubs lol XD. Fandubs are cool. They'r edone by fans of anime (wh00t) and anyone can audition and you record your voice on your comp and email them your lines then they mix it and ta-dah! (Obviously you can't buy them lol XD )
Must.....meet...........Richard.........lol XD

gally2003
10-12-2003, 05:49 PM
Wow that fandub thing sounds so cool! I have to try it some time.
My friends and I are always say that if we ever met any cool voice actors we'd record a personal message from them to us on a tape recorder. However we did meet the voice actor for Lupin the third, but didn't get a recording.
Heres are some pics
I think you'll know what they are from the titles.
One last thing, at Nan Desu Kon 1999 ( wich I didn't go to :waaaah: :lost: ) Rumiko Takamahashi was the guest of honor!

MistressRinRin
10-12-2003, 07:35 PM
*fells really stupid* they have picnics for this!!! *faints* OMG! why don't people tell me these things -_-"" this is sad... I've loved anime for about 3 years... and... i mean really... I just learned of the wonderful thing called anime conventions... and now picnics? how cool!!! were are they? *sigh* there is NO stuff like that here. I live in a religious small town. They think anime and Harry Potter are evil. Whats worse? I go to a freakin religous school... dammit.

gally2003
10-12-2003, 09:28 PM
You should come live in colorado ^_^ We have one of the best cons once a year;NDK, anime is shown in the comic book store once a month, cosplay picnics in denver, several japanese fests, and other anime related thing I have't particapated in yet.

MistressRinRin
10-13-2003, 06:27 AM
Denver?? omg! yay! My sister lives in Denver! ^^ That just makes it easier for me. lol. Around when are they usually held? this is so cool! ^^

gally2003
10-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Well I went to the website last night and they haven't posted the next date yet. But after school I'm gonna send them an email and try to find out. heres the website if you wan't to check it out:
cosplay picnic: http://denver-cosplay.faeriewings.net/
Nan Desu Kon: http://ndk.cc/

Sorahana
10-13-2003, 05:25 PM
Hehe that is a funnny Inuyasha lol XD. Must meet Richard Ian Cox!! Lol XD;. I wanna be a va.....:starts singing: Ahem anyway cosplay picnics are fun1 I'm going to one next weekend lol XD. Plan one for cosplayers in your area lol XD.

MistressRinRin
10-13-2003, 06:12 PM
*gets a great idea, erm, of corse with the help of Gally and CCAmanda, seeing as she can't think i=on her owm ^.^"* PLAN ONE!!!!!! muahahahahaha. Ok, so the churches will shoot me (I live in a religous small town... anime is the animation of the devil. lol)... but wtf! I'll call my anime crazed friends, and them call there anime crazed friends, and have THEM call THERE... etc.

And then we can go to the Y and post up a flyer for it... hm... to they hold them at parks??? or like... on a grassy feild thingy??? or by lakes??? theres a grassy feild across the street from me, and a lake... and the park is down the street. LoL. take your pick. haha.

*jumps for joy* hahaha. this is totaly random, but I'm happy! My mom fixed my InuYasha rosary... my neice broke it... *sniffle* but it's all better now! *huggles it* haha

gally2003
10-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Ha, such an awsome idea. Hmmm, I have I have three local friends ( not counting my sister cause she lives with me) that are crazed anime fans I can call. And one of those girls has an older brother who is obbessed with anime, so then he can call his friends. But just let me check something whith you, it would be each of doing our own local thing right ( since we live in totally different parts of the U.S.) ? Oh and I can put out posters at all the local otaku hang out places, like the video store, archade, comic book store, etc...
Oh and Rinrin you said your sister lives in denver right? Well if your ever visiting your sister, tell me and we'll hang out okay^^
Well one last thing since we've stolen this guys thread how 'bout we just post a new one for us to hang out on.

MistressRinRin
10-13-2003, 07:17 PM
sweet! sounds cool! I visit her every x-mas/summer i don't mean to be getting all personal and stuff, but do you live around the Denver airport?

gally2003
10-13-2003, 07:18 PM
I live about a hour ( depending on traffic) from denver. But I go down to denver pretty often. How long do you ussually stay in denver?

MistressRinRin
10-13-2003, 07:28 PM
oh cool! you're on right now? have AIM?

last time I staied for 2 weeks. It depends. That was for my sister's wedding. This year I'll be coming down in June and I'll stay for 2 and 1/2 weeks (yay!) I wonder, if we do, were we could meet?

MistressRinRin
10-13-2003, 07:32 PM
this is a stupid question... but, when you've gone to Denver, have you ever passed by KingSupers the grocery store? ^.^""

Let's start a new thread... in genral chat?

gally2003
10-13-2003, 08:33 PM
Sorry guys I had to get off because my computer crashed and I had to restart it three times >_<
We could meet down at the mall. I've never been to the denver mall but its probably ten times better than the fort collins one. Oh and I think remember going to a kingsupers down there but I don't know exactly were it is.

gally2003
10-13-2003, 08:36 PM
Oh yeah I don't have AIM on my computer, but my mom has it on hers. However she thinks I'm working on homework right now so no way she'd let me on.