PDA

View Full Version : Motivation

blacknekohinata
11-07-2010, 02:06 AM
The last time I went to an anime convention I was in the 9th grade. I'm now a sophomore in college and didn't think a chance would spring up again since the last time I went with my school anime club. I live in the MI area so I ended up going to Youmacon 2010 with a friend of mine from California. It was our first time getting a hotel so it was pretty exciting and I had two characters picked out to cosplay. I ended up choosing Yin from DTB and Luka Megurine a Vocaloid. I wasn't really thinking much about the size while I was making it and I was too excited from my friend coming home to visit.
The first day of the convention I ended up wearing my Yin cosplay (which turned out amazing!). I was all set to go when I caught a glimpse of myself in the full length mirror next to the closet. I couldn't believe how HUGE I looked. I'm 18yo, 5"9, 230lbs. My waist measurement is 42 (if I remember correctly). I wasn't very happy.
Never the less I still went in cosplay because I wasn't going to let my weight make me miss out on the fun. And I did have a lot of fun. We even found a guy cosplay as Hei from DTB.
But I still wasn't happy with the way I looked.
Basically I'm using this years experience as motivation to loose weight for Anime Expo in January in CA.
I'm actually hoping to go as Marik Ishtar from YGO and (as some may know) he wears a belly shirt.
I was also hoping to motivate those with weight problems who think they are too big to cosplay. You have to remember that it only matters what you think about yourself. And if you don't like the way you look you can change it. I'm hoping I can keep this mentality as I'm sweating buckets at the gym.:bigtu:

saiyamanmasenko
11-07-2010, 02:39 AM
hear, hear! Perfect mindframe on both fronts. Cosplay is about enjoying yourself, and exercise is about being healthy/feel good about yourself. Your motivation is wonderful. And the people here in the Fitness area are great at giving support and helping with that motivation. Keep up the wonderful mentality and soon your exercise habits will reflect it. :)

Keep us updated.

olgasneh
11-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Motivation is one of the factors that govern all the people to their destination. The driving motivation is the angel that helps you stay and go ahead, despite all the problems and challenges they may encounter. It is like the fuel that drives a person to achieve the goals, desires and needs.

EdwardElric963
11-30-2010, 08:19 PM
I love to give motivation to other cosplayers. I've been wanting to gain some muscle for stuff from DBZ, but haven't had the time recently, but my motivation are Rock Lee, Goku, and Kamina XD. That's what I do for motivation. Best of luck, my friend!

justinedemine
12-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi,
There are several theories bout motivation.
1) Drive-reduction approaches to motivation - a lack of some basic biological requirement such as water produces a drive to obtain that requirement.
2) Arousal approaches to motivation - the belieff that we try to maintain certain levels of stimulation and activity, increasing or reducing them as necessary.

kiratsukai
12-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi,
There are several theories bout motivation.
1) Drive-reduction approaches to motivation - a lack of some basic biological requirement such as water produces a drive to obtain that requirement.
2) Arousal approaches to motivation - the belieff that we try to maintain certain levels of stimulation and activity, increasing or reducing them as necessary.

Thank you, google-spammer.

Attorney_at_LOL
12-02-2010, 05:58 PM
This thread makes me smile : )

SaiTheKid
12-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Need motivation?
Most beginners always look for motivation.
Just look at yourself, and see what you want to change!
If you want to learn more on health & fitness
then use this site.
www.muscleandstrength.com
This site is really friendly in the forums, and
are constantly answering newbie questions.

They have work out plans set.
They have a BMR calculator to
see how much you have to eat a day.
They sell good products for great prices.

If you're mind is weak your body won't follow.
Join a gym or something.

Diet and exercise is a life style change.
Eat healthy and be active.
Good Luck! :)

Kiro
12-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Last night, I looked into the mirror and saw the eyes of a defeated man.

Lost. Tired. Worn.

I may not know who I am, what I like to do, or where I want to go, but I figure a healthier lifestyle couldn't hurt. I haven't been able to conquer my mind, but maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to in my quest of conquering my body.

In a sense, that's my motivation: to discover myself, my abilities, and a little more of the world.

Being able to pull off more cosplays (and be happy about them) helps as well. :D

SaiTheKid
12-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Last night, I looked into the mirror and saw the eyes of a defeated man.

Lost. Tired. Worn.

I may not know who I am, what I like to do, or where I want to go, but I figure a healthier lifestyle couldn't hurt. I haven't been able to conquer my mind, but maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to in my quest of conquering my body.

In a sense, that's my motivation: to discover myself, my abilities, and a little more of the world.

Being able to pull off more cosplays (and be happy about them) helps as well. :D
Lol, see my guide it should help you out.
You don't have to be a freaking Nutritionist to
know what to eat and not to eat.
Just eat pretty good food, take vitamins,
and eat at the right times.
Mind over body man, tell it who's boss!
Work out straight under my guide for a week.
You'll see small differences every week
if you keep at it. ;D