PDA

View Full Version : Hetalia - America's Glasses Help?!

AlyTheZebra
11-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I need help! I'm cosplaying as Alfred (America) for AnimeSTL next May, so I have a lot of time, but I need a pair of glasses for his cosplay. My current pair are way to thick to work: It's right here:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs603.snc4/58337_1438470800748_1202351490_31089033_1380148_n. jpg

(Yes, I am black. I already have that part covered. XD Yes, I do look stupid in this picture. It's my profile picture on facebook until I get something better. And yes, I have lost weight since that picture was taken my Senior year. I'm a freshman in college now. XD and no, my hair is not that long. >.>)

The problem is, I don't want to wear contacts. Like, REALLY don't want to wear contacts. I'd rather eat England's cooking than wear contacts. I have a slightly older pair of glasses, so I was wondering if there's a way to remove the lenses and make my own frames..............

If that's possible..... hmmmmm.....

What should I do, guys? Any insight is helpful. My eyesight is super bad, lol, so I can't just wear a lense-less pair the entire con.

Axelai
11-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Well, not sure if this will help, but while i was at the airport a week ago, i saw glasses that looked EXACTLY like them! They were glasses with like, different numbers on them... so i assume if both your eyes are the same number or whatever, then you could probably find them somewhere.

BUT. I have 100% perfect vision, sooo i have no idea XD;; Sorry! I don't know glasses lingo.

belligerent
11-14-2010, 07:42 PM
They were glasses with like, different numbers on them... so i assume if both your eyes are the same number or whatever, then you could probably find them somewhere.

These are actually reading glasses and probably won't help in this case, since her prescription will be different from this, especially if her eyesight is bad.

Not sure what you ought to do, but those glasses you already have will probably work, in a pinch. The best thing would be, next time you go in for your eye exam, to pick out frames that look like the kind he has, although then you will have America glasses all the time. You might be able to find discount frames online that can also take your prescription and make you lenses (make sure your eye exams are current!!), but it may depend on the severity of your vision impairment and what kind of lens you need/want. Thinner lens materials are usually more expensive than thicker/heavier ones.

I wear contacts. I have bad astigmatism and haven't even owned a pair of glasses for years. So, I wear unpowered fake glasses for Sweden.