PDA

View Full Version : Narnia Cosplayers

Narnian
11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Any Narnia cosplayers out there? A big hello to you and welcome! If you've made, or plan to make a Narnia cosplay, which one did you make/are you going to make and for what occasion?

I'm making Susan's new Narnia dress from the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It's seen briefly in one of Lucy's dreams, though I don't know which one yet. Anyway, it's a beautiful dress. I'm looking forward to making and wear it though the embroidered collar is giving me a bit of a hassle time wise.

Happy cosplaying!
~Narnian

abbie17
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi! My sister and I dressed as Susan and Lucy for SDCC a couple years back. We wore the Prince Caspian dresses in this picture:

http://i55.tinypic.com/9sf59g.jpg

I'll have to see if I can find any pictures of us in the costumes. I was really proud of my work, but I wouldn't recommend wearing them to SDCC! That place gets really hot really quickly! :p

I'd love to see pictures of your dress when it's finished, or even pictures of its progress.

anime_wench
11-24-2010, 10:41 PM
My fiance and I are working on a Susan Pevensie (purple dress) and Prince Caspian (simple brigandine) from Prince Caspian for the midnight release! We're ALMOST done and plan to do our photoshoot first weekend of December near Shaver Lake in California. ^_^

HoshiSeven
12-14-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm currently making a battle garb Jadis, that I can hopefully use next year - all the chainmail is going to take a while lol :)

anime_wench
12-14-2010, 01:40 PM
We finally finished our costumes and photoshoot, though we went to the Sequoia National Park instead of Shaver Lake... here's how our Prince Caspian and Susan Pevensie came out:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2791601/

scandia
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Beautiful costumes. Great job. Very accurate.

I made an Aravis Tarkheena costume based on Pauline Baynes' illustrations and on an artwork I found online. Pictures of it are in my Other Costumes gallery section.

I would like to cosplay Lilliandil as well this year.

Narnian
01-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Awesome cosplays, guys!!!!!!! I got my dress done in time though I had to skimp on the collar. I ran out of time and had to sloppily sew it on. I'm going to fix it within the next year or two.
@Abbie - I'd love to see pictures! I have a couple progress pictures in my gallery under progress pictures. I still haven't gotten pictures of the finished dress yet.

@AW - Awesome!!! Those look so cool!

@Hoshi - You're making the chain mail too?! Awesome!!! I'd love to see it when it's done.

@Scandia - I love your Aravis. I'm going to make my sister an Aravis cosplay either this year or when Horse and His Boy comes out in theaters.

@Everyone - Who saw the Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie and what did you think of it?

benihime
01-27-2011, 10:45 PM
@anime_wench - wow you both look so awesome!!!

I have a couple of lucy's outfits I want to do eventually. definitely the one from dawn treader.

Narnian
01-27-2011, 11:01 PM
@Benihime - Lucy's Voyage of the Dawn Treader outfit is so cute! I would love to see it when you're done.
I made one for my sister to go with my Susan. I found these really helpful patterns that I used. I hope they help. ^_^

Breeches:
http://www.reddawn.net/costume/breeches.htm

Skirt:
http://www.reddawn.net/costume/shirt.htm

benihime
01-27-2011, 11:45 PM
oh definitely! thank you!

Narnian
01-27-2011, 11:49 PM
^_^ I'm glad they are helpful!

Nia_Nageraboshi
02-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Im currently working in a Susan "Battle Dress" from Prince Caspian

its almost finished, so Ill post some pics when I have them

Narnian
02-28-2011, 01:00 AM
@Nia - Awesome!!! I can't wait to see! How are you making her armor?

Nia_Nageraboshi
02-28-2011, 09:09 PM
@Nia - Awesome!!! I can't wait to see! How are you making her armor?

for the quirass, in the trial-error one, Im using vinyl, then, in the summer (if I use it again) I will change it for a real leather quirass

for the chain mail, Im using a fake version of it... it a fabric that looks like chain mail and it gave a cool effect from distance... I still dont know if Ill make in a future the chain mail of real metal rings... I dont know how to do it.. sadly... -___-

Banane
04-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I am thinking about starting Peter's armor as a long term project. If anyone has any suggestion or advice on the chainmail and the embroidered lion on the front of the tabard (I've never embroidered anything before) it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Narnian
04-10-2011, 07:27 PM
The writer of this blog made her own Peter costume from Prince Caspian. There's a lot of good construction info here: http://danceler.blogspot.com/. It might help a bit.

As for chainmail, Youtube has a really good series on making chainmail. I can't remember the name of the channel, but I'll see if I can find it. The key for making chainmail that is light is to either use plastic rings and spray paint it silver, which is what they often do in the movies, or use a light/medium metal that won't bend much. I can't think of any exact metals to use, but plastic rings are often a better choice if you don't want to carry a lot of weight and roast in your armor.

Embroidery is not as hard as it looks, but it can be faked with paint. I know there are rampant lion patterns out there. You could print off a template from a picture, screen print or trace it to the fabric, and use a satin stitch to fill in the design.

Banane
04-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Wow, thanks a lot! I like the paint instead of embroidery idea, so I might do that, but I will look at embroidering tutorials and see if it helps. Thanks. :D

Narnian
04-10-2011, 08:19 PM
You're welcome! ^_^ Glad I could help.