PDA

View Full Version : Alma cosplay (manga character)

Miss_Wraith
11-12-2010, 08:25 PM
So, I'm thinking for this Anime North I'd like to cosplay Alma. For those of you who haven't read the manga/haven't read that far I've got a ref right here:
Alma (http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac29/Miss_Wraith/?action=view&current=alma66.jpg&newest=1)

I'm thinking of making a body suit for this one for a couple of reasons. 1) As a girl I can't really go walking around without a top on and 2) I think that would be the easiest way to attach all the black designs and pieces. Basically I'd like a bit of help with fabric/material choices. I want the body suit to look as close to skin as possible so I'm going to get some sort of stretchy matte fabric as close to my skin tone as I can. I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do about the black parts however. Should I paint them onto my suit to look kind of like tattoos, maybe make them out of vinyl so there's some shine to them? What do you guys think would look best? Also, would anyone know a way to make a good looking tail? I haven't really come up with a good idea for that one yet.

Any ideas, advice or suggestions would be most welcome >.<

Ends Beginning
01-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi there!

I'm doing Alma for an up coming anime con in april. The way I am making my Alma cosplay is by using a nude (flesh tone) full bodysuit. For the markings that are raised off the skin I am using a light craft foam to make the forms and then painting them black with a glossy seal coat. To attach the raised forms I am going to attach velcro to the bodysuit and the forms so they can be transported easily. For the markings that lay flat on the skit I am either going to paint them on or use a vinly material so the markings are shiny like the raised forms. The Tail I am making using craft wire and craft foam and painting the same way as the raised forms. For the ring/halo I am using a foamboard disc and I haven't really figured out how to make it attach to my head....lol
I have a short black wig which I am styling to match Alma's hair and I am actually going to wear some basic flipflops on my feet to prevent stepping on/in something unpleasent. I will take them off for pictures.
I might make a version on Alma's activated innocence for an extra side project.
Once I am finished this project I'll take pictures so you can see it ok. ^-^

Miss_Wraith
01-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Sounds like you`re going about the same way I am. I was thinking of using vinyl for the markings, but I really hate working with it so I may use paint instead.
I think for the tail though, I`m going to make it out of wire for shape and cover it with the same material Im using to make the body suit.
And good call on the flip flops >.< walking around a con in bare feet just grosses me out.

Ends Beginning
01-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah. I ended up having to paint the markings on. A car accident cut my budget by a bit so I could afford the other maertials. Now I am just waiting on the wig and then it is finished. I hvae to attach the tail as well, but thats easy.

Miss_Wraith
01-30-2011, 12:06 AM
:( Car accidents aren`t fun. I hope no one or nothing was too badly damaged.

Can`t wait to see how your costume turns out though :D

Ends Beginning
01-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Yeah no one was badly hurt. I hurt my arm, but nothing is broken so it's all good. ^-^