PDA

View Full Version : Ciel's Pink Dress...?

Edo-Chan
11-13-2010, 02:38 PM
So, I'm thinking about doing a cosplay of Ciel's pink dress but had a few questions. I can't really pull off "poofy" dresses... Would people kill me if it wasn't poofy? Or as poofy as it is in the manga/anime? And should I bother binding for this cosplay? I've been deciding about it and thought that because it was a dress I shouldn't bind, but then again Ciel is a boy, so I wanted to hear opinions on this one... :thumbsup:

Thanks. =3

Ra!n
11-13-2010, 02:45 PM
In my opinion, it would bother me for a brief period if it wasn't poofy, but if it still is accurate/looks good, people shouldn't pay much heed. And, yes, I would still bind. I understand it's girl's clothing, but Ciel is still male, and doesn't have boobs. x3

teacup.hime
11-15-2010, 08:27 AM
I've seen many people not use bustle skirts since they're not familiar with it but use a petticoat to just get it A-line shaped. I'm a bustle person so it makes me sad but it looks pretty anyway.

And yes, please bind. Ciel in the pink gown was meant to be the young niece who hadn't reached the growth spurt or simply flat. XD; So let's keep to that ^^ Just slightly bind to give the illusion of width on the chest area rather than bumps would be fine, that is if you don't want to go all out flat chested little boy look.

Brsis
11-15-2010, 02:23 PM
RE; 'Poof', the correct shape for Ciel's skirt should be something similar to the second or third picture down on this page (http://www.fashionsoftheages.com/bustle.html), and the petticoat would have had a stiff ruffle around the bottom for more bottom poof. The front and around the hips should be fairly neat.

Honestly, I have not met a person that bustles look bad on, so I would give some back padding a go even if you're not going to do the full underpinnings. I have seen the dress done with no petticoats or anything underneath and... well, it looked a bit sad, like it had wilted.

RE; binding, it might depend on how large you are, since the dress doesn't come up high enough to cover more hardcore binding methods, but do the best you can.

LavenderCrimson
11-15-2010, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't bind, if I were you. If you're not that much for details that you're not doing the dress exact, your breasts shouldn't be a problem either. Unless you're a C-D cup, I say don't bother.