PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Jack Sparrow

Purified Ace
11-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Ok, I've never seen one done before, and it's been screaming to be done since the first movie came out. But, I really don't think I'm the first to make such an attampt, so here's for a few questions...

1. Have you ever seen/heard/thought of a Steampunk Jack Sparrow? If yes, could you link me? I wish to see it.

2. Am I really the first one to really try this? I really don't know how to act if this is the case...So, I'm just really curious.

3. Please check my gallery here:
Cap'n Jack (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/340029/)
This is merely a first attempt, and what I'm asking is for any ideas on improving this set. I thought about putting this in the Costume Critique section, but I figured I'd get a better response here. My story as of now is a time travelling sky pirate. I can elaborate if asked, but I'll leave it as such for now.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks for viewing. ^.^

grotesk_faery
11-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I think this is a great idea, and would be very easy to do since his outfit is already a period piece and the colors and accessories lend themselves well to steampunk.

Purified Ace
11-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Actually, Jack Sparrow was in a period before the Steampunk era. Ergo, I had to update the threads just a bit. ^.^;

I'm glad you like it, though.

shortlilninja
12-03-2010, 02:31 AM
Ha man this is a amazing Idea, I always wanted to do a Jack Sparrow outfit (I want a beard like his) Him as steampunk would be totally awesome.

Katyasha
12-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Sweet I knew this one guy did a jack sparrow in a Singapore outfit and it looked great. As for me I'm working on a Okami Steampunk outfit myself but it is on hold for now because I'm working on a new cosplay outfit of washu

Purified Ace
01-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Hey, thanks for the positive feedback, mates.
Glad people like what I've started with.

GentlemanRDP
03-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Believe it or not, I actually saw a Steampunk Cap'n Jack sometime last week while browsing the webs. Ahh, but don't be discouraged, the one that I saw was little more than a normal Jack with a set of goggles on his head >.<;

Seriously though, I love the idea. Good luck! And I'd love to see photos when you get on it.

Alliekitten
03-16-2011, 11:30 PM
I found a pic of this one guy on flick sometime ago.
Found the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48859077@N04/4968891584/

Purified Ace
04-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Wow, ok. So I'm definitely not the first. Here's hoping I can still pull it off well, though. ^.^;

Updates are to be coming soon-ish. I've gathered a few new items, and am still looking for new ideas. Definitely open to any and all ideas.

Thanks, mates.

Akira-hime
04-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Wasn't Capt. Jack Sparrow during the Victorian Era but just on the other side of the world? O.oU since the dresses they used in the movie were very Victorian-ish.

The effect is awesome! It looks as if the Capt. was forced to dress up a bit for an special occasion and did so rather grudgingly. ^^ It looks really really good. ^^ Great job. ^^

Purified Ace
05-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Actually, the PotC time period is just before the Victorian era. Meaning, either Jack actually found the Fountain of Youth, or (in my story) he's really a Time Lord. Yeah. Long story. XD

Ok, update.

IronFest is coming up next week and it's gonna be epic. More pics will come. ^.^