PDA

View Full Version : Weird West

Flora88
11-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Okay, so I really want to make a Weird West costume, but I have no idea where to begin. Could someone please tell me a bit about Weird West, you know, so I'm not DOIN' IT WRONG?
:heart:

Rosemary_red
11-15-2010, 06:23 PM
well I'm not a expert on it but here is a wiki page that my help you(=

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weird_West

paper cosplay
11-20-2010, 09:40 AM
an easy way to think of weird west is just steampunk western or a western dealing with supernatural or scifi themes.

for creating a character pick a job someoone in the old west would have then either steampunk the desighn or add a supernatural or scifi aspect

some standards
cowboy/ vaquero
gunfighter
bandit/Bandito
stagecoach driver/guard
gambler
train engineer
river boat crew

how could I have forgoten wild wild west movie or tv show
- The Cowboy Spy

Flora88
11-20-2010, 11:19 PM
an easy way to think of weird west is just steampunk western or a western dealing with supernatural or scifi themes.

for creating a character pick a job someoone in the old west would have then either steampunk the desighn or add a supernatural or scifi aspect

some standards
cowboy/ vaquero
gunfighter
bandit/Bandito
stagecoach driver/guard
gambler
train engineer
river boat crew

how could I have forgoten wild wild west movie or tv show
- The Cowboy Spy

I think I'm going to be doing a robotically-modified gunfighter/cowgirl. Yeah, I found Wild Wild West the other day, and I've been watching clips of it quite frequently. I love the use of silver instead of copper or brass! :heart:
Plan for right now: A feminized version of Clint Eastwood's character design from A Fistful of Dollars (complete with metal breastplate), only with a "robotic" eye and a Gatling gun arm.

It should, SHOULD be pretty easy if it all goes according to plan (which it probably won't, but here's hoping.)