PDA

View Full Version : Cyn's AnimeNEXT Single's bar thread

Cyn
10-11-2003, 12:41 AM
Due to [semi] popular demand of those in the Con Romance thread, welcome to my AnimeNEXT Single's bar! [Or Thread, get an imagination >_>]

Feel free to mingle, chat, converse, or just hold up one of these signs above your head I made for 5 cents. ::Points to a stack of "I'm single" posters.:: XP

pak o potatoes
10-11-2003, 10:48 AM
*grabs an 'I'm Single' poster* Hooray for the singles bar!

PyrotechA
10-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Got dumped last week so I'm in

cyborg_mermaid
10-11-2003, 06:21 PM
This is has so much parody-potential that I'll drop myself in here. xD

hikura
10-11-2003, 06:48 PM
*buys sign and give a 5 dollar note and says keep the change*
Now if i could find someone semi close to me i will be happy.I am a guy looking for a female with a good sense of humor.If you love shoujo like i do please inquire i do not bite.If number18 or anyone says i do..they are not totally right i only nibble.:)

Rukawa
10-11-2003, 08:49 PM
lol single here as well XD

Nekobun
10-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Single but also dumb, so I'm not sure I should even bother popping in here. But what the hell, I'll at least bask in the camaraderie for a bit.

Cyn
10-12-2003, 12:47 AM
I doubt anybody's truely stupid... >_> Unless you're from my area.

::Cleans a glass behind the bartop, then fills it with root beer for his own drink.::

I'm sure more people'll come post. Besides, I have yet to decide on whether to get a karaoke machine, or a jukebox XD

pak o potatoes
10-12-2003, 10:38 AM
I vote karaoke machine!

hikura
10-12-2003, 01:43 PM
I say both but have only one on at a time.

The Lord XL
10-12-2003, 02:51 PM
I vote for a DDR machine!!!! What?! It's not a choice? I dont kare im votin for DDR!!!

Reno_kun
10-12-2003, 03:57 PM
i'm still single.. nice guys finish last my ass.

ladysubaru25
10-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Due to [semi] popular demand of those in the Con Romance thread, welcome to my AnimeNEXT Single's bar! [Or Thread, get an imagination >_>]

CYN!!

LMAO... I finally succeeded in tracking you down... I forgot your username. I wasn't on the Cosplay.com boards then- but I am now!

Your Sephiroth costume rocked my socks. Wish I would have gotten a picture- I would have put it up in my gallery. I was the crazy blue haired chick with the Afro-Ken shirt from the rave Sat. night. You had orange glowsticks and the Matrix coat. Said you "didn't know what you were doing." You seemed like you were doin' alright to me...

This thread made me laugh. Single I am- but a slim chance of finding any guys my age here. *pours herself a doubleshot of Jagermeister into her Spike Speigel shot glass* Yeah. I'm probably the only one in this bar who can actually drink. :drink:
Legally... that is. :p
And I really *do* own Spike Speigel shot glasses...

*gets up on the DDR machine. Fails "My Summer Love" on Heavy. Goes back to the bar for another shot.*

cyborg_mermaid
10-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Let me join you! -Jagermeisterness!- >O

Cyn
10-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Lady Subaru - I remember ya. You were the Subaru cosplayer, right? About the rave, I really didn't know all that much. My friend taught me everything in less than 10 minutes and I was thrown in to improvise >_> I never really been in a rave until that night.

And hey, I maybe turning 20 in November...But...::Steals a shot glass, already filled:: Doesn't mean I can't have fun.

Hiroe
10-13-2003, 11:48 AM
This thread made me laugh. Single I am- but a slim chance of finding any guys my age here. *pours herself a doubleshot of Jagermeister into her Spike Speigel shot glass* Yeah. I'm probably the only one in this bar who can actually drink.
Legally... that is.

Actually, you may be suprised. ^_^
I myself am well enough into my non-specified mid-20's.
I suspect i'm not the only one, either.

Strange thing....
I go to a party. I am welcomed. Within an hour, i'm tending bar. How does this happen?

--Drew

The Lord XL
10-13-2003, 11:49 AM
thats the sprit!

ki kuru kitty
10-13-2003, 02:09 PM
*Sits down on his boombox, sipping a cool paper cup filled with warm Jack Daniels and a bit of Mountain dew.* hmmm... yes single, what a fine pain in the ass that is. Wish I met more girls in the dance with my shirt off...

Love,
This guy?

hikura
10-13-2003, 02:45 PM
CYN!!

LMAO... I finally succeeded in tracking you down... I forgot your username. I wasn't on the Cosplay.com boards then- but I am now!

Your Sephiroth costume rocked my socks. Wish I would have gotten a picture- I would have put it up in my gallery. I was the crazy blue haired chick with the Afro-Ken shirt from the rave Sat. night. You had orange glowsticks and the Matrix coat. Said you "didn't know what you were doing." You seemed like you were doin' alright to me...

This thread made me laugh. Single I am- but a slim chance of finding any guys my age here. *pours herself a doubleshot of Jagermeister into her Spike Speigel shot glass* Yeah. I'm probably the only one in this bar who can actually drink. :drink:
Legally... that is. :p
And I really *do* own Spike Speigel shot glasses...

*gets up on the DDR machine. Fails "My Summer Love" on Heavy. Goes back to the bar for another shot.*
God this makes me feel even older then i am acutally.I am in my early 30's.The rest of you are youngings lol.*gets out his walker and hobbles around the room*But seriously i am glad to see at least soem of your old enough to "legally"drink.Personally i think the 21 age restriction is a bunch of crap.You can do everything including serving and dieing for your country but you can not drink.Talk about a bunch of BS,*Passes out free booze to everyone who wants it*:)

pak o potatoes
10-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Wow, you're all making me feel so little haha. I'm only 15.

PyrotechA
10-13-2003, 09:39 PM
<--18 here!!

Nekobun
10-13-2003, 09:58 PM
21, and thirsty. Malibu and Sprite time.

cyborg_mermaid
10-13-2003, 10:13 PM
17! The only age where sex becomes casual and you pay bills together for the first time.

TheAnarCHris
10-13-2003, 10:22 PM
I hear liquor!!

::Starts drinking::

Whoooese cares if I'm noyt single, I am DRUNK!!! HA!!!!!!

::Chocks on own vomit and dies::

Cyn
10-13-2003, 10:29 PM
By the way, Subaru, I sent you a PM.

::Downs the shot, and gets his happy face on:: @_@ WHeeeeeeeee....The tender shouldn't be drinking me thinks...

ladysubaru25
10-13-2003, 10:34 PM
Lady Subaru - I remember ya. You were the Subaru cosplayer, right? About the rave, I really didn't know all that much. My friend taught me everything in less than 10 minutes and I was thrown in to improvise >_> I never really been in a rave until that night..

Yeah- that was me. I wasn't the Subaru cosplayer who actually participated in thre masquerade (that was someone else...)
I was the 6-foot tall Subaru who got constant comments on how I was too tall to cosplay that character. :rolleyes:

You don't have to know that much to go to a rave. That's the beautiful thing about it...

And hey, I maybe turning 20 in November...But...::Steals a shot glass, already filled:: Doesn't mean I can't have fun.

Heh heh... I won't tell if you don't!

BTW "20 November" is a great DDR song... kickin' it old school! What was that song first on? Like, 2nd mix or something? Can't remember...

*goes back over to the DDR machine. Searches for song. Wusses out and plays it on Standard.*

Cyn
10-13-2003, 10:37 PM
When I first started playing DDR, 20 November was my favorite song. How Ironic, that I turn 20 in November =P Damn, those were the days...Where if you played 3rd Mix, your arcade was impressive.

ladysubaru25
10-13-2003, 10:52 PM
Actually, you may be suprised. ^_^
I myself am well enough into my non-specified mid-20's.
I suspect i'm not the only one, either.

Woohoo! 3 (drunken) cheers for the 21-and-over crowd!

On my last birthday (about a month ago...) I officially entered my *mid* twenties. And it freaked me out, man. :waaaah:

So, are there a lot of cosplayers in their *mid* twenties??? I sure hope I'm not the ONLY one... :eeek:

Strange thing....
I go to a party. I am welcomed. Within an hour, i'm tending bar. How does this happen?

I tend to migrate to the role of bartender whenever I go to parties too. I'm like the "resident bartender" at my one friend's house. At least thats what his wife calls me... (see. I'm officially old. I have friends who are married!) I'm always learning to make crazy new drinks.

And, Hikura, I'm planning to cosplay and attend cons *well* into my thirties, so no worries there! (I wonder if AnimeNext will begin having special "Senior Citizen" pre-reg rates for us aging Otaku... )

Cyn
10-13-2003, 11:07 PM
And I'm the underaged 19 year old whom drinks the drinks >_> <3 Me.

By the way, get the PM? ::Gets reminded by her name he should start part two of the PS2 games of .hack::

Hiroe
10-14-2003, 12:42 PM
On my last birthday (about a month ago...) I officially entered my *mid* twenties. And it freaked me out, man. :waaaah:

So, are there a lot of cosplayers in their *mid* twenties??? I sure hope I'm not the ONLY one... :eeek:

heh. Been there. Wouldn't mind keeping there for the rest of eternity, either. However, time marches on. -_-

I know some guys in their 40's / 50's, that still cosplay to this day. One of them, he want to Daicon 3 in japan, dressed as Zordar from Battleship Yamato, i think it was. He gets up on stage, delivers his speech flawlessly in both japanese and english, and gets a major judges' award. They get him up there again to accept it, and he takes his gloves off..... and the audience reacts...

"Coco-Gaijin?" "Coco-Gaijin!!"

He's african american, and they couldn't tell he wasn't japanese with his costume on. ^____^

I tend to migrate to the role of bartender whenever I go to parties too. I'm like the "resident bartender" at my one friend's house. At least thats what his wife calls me... (see. I'm officially old. I have friends who are married!) I'm always learning to make crazy new drinks.

I have friends that are Retired. How's this supposed to make *ME* feel? ^_~

Gotta love the secret drink recipies. Parties come and go, but the recipies endure. ^_^

--Drew

TheAnarCHris
10-14-2003, 09:52 PM
:::Drop kicks thread:::

Nar, this is like the 5th time ive tried to reply on this said thread, but cosplay.com goes to hell when i do. Which sucks for you ppl, coz ur miss out on so many witty one liners, that would have only worked at that said time. Darn the luck, darn darn the luck.....time to droze my sorrow in booze, Lady S, give me somethime strong and cheap!

Cyn
10-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Hmm...I wonder if more people'll come ::Makes himself an Alabama Slammer, as he searches for a bottle of Jack Daniels, handing it to Subaru to let her use it as she sees fit.:: ^^

Hiroe
10-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Actually, i was wondering....

Why don't we have a *real* singles get-together at a con sometime?
In fact, i'd be willing to host such an event. If it goes well, we could make it something to do at multiple cons. Meet some new people, make friends, maybe get a hook-up or even a serious relationship out of it. ^_^

The next two cons i'll be at are Nekocon, and Anime USA.
Any of you singles here planning on attending either of these?

Next year, my planned convention tour:
Genericon (Jan 16-18, Troy NY)
Katsucon (February 13-15, Crystal City VA)
Anime Boston (April 9-11, Boston)
Anime Central (May 14-16, Rosemont IL)
Anime North (May 28-30, Toronto) Maybe...
Anime Next (June 18-20, Meadowlands NJ)
Anime Expo (July 2-5, Anaheim CA)
Otakon (August TBA, Baltimore)
BAAF (TBA, NYC) Provided it DOESN'T SUCK like it did this year.
Shoujocon (TBA, Meadowlands)
Nekocon (November TBA, Virginia Beach)

--Drew

hikura
10-15-2003, 06:43 PM
I swear Hiroe your following me lol.Plus not only that i am surpised more people acutally know about geneicon that i ever suspected.This makes me happy.I too will be attending genericon since i livejust around the perverbally corner from this con.Once this con gets a little closer keep an eye out for this con in other con thread ok.I did already post a thread about it so you might want to check it out.

Cyn
10-15-2003, 10:45 PM
@_@ ::In the process of drinking his fourth drink:: Yum.....Liquidy....::Falls down to the floor, face down:: Don't mind me...I'll just....Lie here for a bit....

::Around this time, delivery men bring in a DDR Extreme Mix arcade station, as well as a Karaoke Machine::

Nekobun
10-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Drunk Drunk Revolution? I am so there.

On the more serious end of things, my upcoming con schedule includes Katsucon, PhillyClassic 5 (small videogame con), Kosaikon the second (small start-up con at Villanova U, PA), possibly the next AnimeNext, definitely Otakon 2004, and after that, I dunno.

ladysubaru25
10-16-2003, 12:41 PM
They get him up there again to accept it, and he takes his gloves off..... and the audience reacts...

"Coco-Gaijin?" "Coco-Gaijin!!"

He's african american, and they couldn't tell he wasn't japanese with his costume on. ^____^

LMAO! That's crazy... see? Cosplay is the great equalizer of all races and creeds in the world. When you are in a really cool costume, none of that seems to matter. I'm going to start my own revolution here: endorse WORLD PEACE THROUGH COSPLAY! :bigtu:

Anyhoo, that must the the *ultimate* to be able to go to a con in Japan. I'm looking into doing the ESL teaching thing sometime in the near future, and if I ever get over to Japan, I'll have to make it a point to go to some sort of convention just for the cultural experience- to compare and contrast the differences with American fandom. Heck, i could wrire a grad. thesis on the topic! That is, if I were actually *ambitious* enough to go to Grad school... :eeek:

Gotta love the secret drink recipies. Parties come and go, but the recipies endure. ^_^

Speaking of...

Starwind, I'm gonna take Cyn's bottle of JD and mix you up a Kentucky Wildcat... (certainly not cheap, but strong!)

www.webtender.com

The *best* resource when you want to experiment at parties! Which reminds me- i have to brush up on my bartending skills. I'll be going to a Halloween party this weekend, and my mixing is a bit rusty....

The Lord XL
10-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Hiroe, do you remember me! I was the inuyasha at the dance that said Hey i know you from the forums!

*Steals Jack Daniels from Subaru* *gulg gulg gulg..... whipes face.... Ah that hit the spot!* *hands empty Jack Daneils to subaru.

Cyn
10-16-2003, 01:39 PM
::Spins around on his back on the floor, with his happy face still on:: @_@ Oooooo....Everything twirls....

Hiroe
10-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Hiroe, do you remember me! I was the inuyasha at the dance that said Hey i know you from the forums!

Yes indeed. I'm still irked with how it worked out. I was supposed to use my laptop that night, but it got dropped uloading from the car. (thus killing the HD. Fortunately, i can ressurect it, once i *find* the backup clone. That's the trouble with having several dozen archived backup drives, most of them unlabeled.) The crap with not having the CD mixer hooked up was just icing on that particularly unhappy experience.

They were also supposed to set up a projector system, so i could play danceable music videos. That didn't happen either. -_-

LMAO! That's crazy... see? Cosplay is the great equalizer of all races and creeds in the world. When you are in a really cool costume, none of that seems to matter. I'm going to start my own revolution here: endorse WORLD PEACE THROUGH COSPLAY!

I posted this in a thread a few months back, but I don't know if you've seen it. i've also since edited it a bit. Anyway, my take on it:

I *LIVE* for cons. It's not the dealer's room, the events, or the video rooms. It IS the people, the camraderie, the sense of belonging. it's the wacky behavior, the costumes, the playfulness. We're a highly diverse group, covering all variations in ethnicity, religon, politics, age, gender identity, sexual preference, et.al. Despite those differences, we still have the underlying respect and acceptance. Those differences being something that makes us stronger, having a wider pool of experience to draw upon. The mundanes may not understand us, but we understand each other.
Anime fans are one of the greatest groups of people i know. And I'm proud to be a part of it.

^_^
--Drew

PatrickD
10-16-2003, 05:41 PM
Woohoo! 3 (drunken) cheers for the 21-and-over crowd!

I'm thirty and ALSO a tall cosplayer (the 6'6" Fox McCloud) so I kinda know how you feel. If people thought you were too tall for Subaru then maybe you should have just hung out next to me so you'd look shorter. ;)

I got really freaked out last year when I realized that the costumes I was working on would be worn when I was thirty. I became afraid I'd be viewed as an old man and not really fit in.

...so now I try not to think about it too much and just have fun instead.

The Lord XL
10-16-2003, 05:43 PM
They were also supposed to set up a projector system, so i could play danceable music videos. That didn't happen either. -_-

O_O there was gunna be music videos at the dance!!!!!!!! O_O

TheAnarCHris
10-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Yeah that dance kinda sucked, a lot. I mean, I guess who could said I was part of the "In" crowd on the scene, but a parental supervised rave kinda killed it but good...how are we supposed to pop "e", and spit water down our girl's chests like in them rap videos, with parent around...GRRR....

Jack eh? Mr. Daniels is always welcomed in my house, seeing how he's the 5th member of eWs (dont ask)....good choice Lady S, I would be compelled to sweep u off ur feet with my charm, but I have a very lovely gf, so unless ur into threesomes, I'll let Cyn or someone do that......

Ah the joys of being a jerk...you can say nearly anything you want, and not worry about negative feed back.

ladysubaru25
10-16-2003, 11:39 PM
Ah the joys of being a jerk...you can say nearly anything you want, and not worry about negative feed back.

The beauty of these boards is that so many of us are *not* easily offended. Me? I'm more likely just to laugh at you than to be offended by anything... I live for wise-arsed comments.

I'm thirty and ALSO a tall cosplayer (the 6'6" Fox McCloud) so I kinda know how you feel. If people thought you were too tall for Subaru then maybe you should have just hung out next to me so you'd look shorter.

Hey! I remember you! You took my pic. in the dealers room Saturday morning. (Actually, a lot of people took my picture in the dealers room Saturday morning, but I remember your *awesome* costume. How did you not pass out from heat exhaustion in that thing?!? It was one of the best costumes at the con, I must say.) Really, I should have gotten a picture. taken with you. I like feeling short. On occasion.

Hiroe, anime fans are the best- for SO many reasons. Most of which you've mentioned already. We really should organize some sort of singles event at future cons, even if it is just a room party or something like that. Who knows? Other west-coast con's may get word of it, and decide to do 'otaku singles nights' too! It may just start a ::cringe:: TREND!

Cyn
10-17-2003, 01:17 AM
I would be compelled to sweep u off ur feet with my charm, but I have a very lovely gf, so unless ur into threesomes, I'll let Cyn or someone do that......

@_@ Allooooooow the Sephiroth to pleeeeeeeease you sexually.... ::Still obviously drunk, and been watching too much Futurama.::

TheAnarCHris
10-17-2003, 09:00 AM
The beauty of these boards is that so many of us are *not* easily offended. Me? I'm more likely just to laugh at you than to be offended by anything... I live for wise-arsed comments.

I suppose, if you stay to the con threads and the babble board.......apparently, cosplayers get reallllly offended if u insult Roy Harper, or laugh at the fact that EGM editor n chief called sum cosplayers "vomiting inducing"....hehehe....vomit....

PatrickD
10-17-2003, 01:57 PM
Hey! I remember you! You took my pic. in the dealers room Saturday morning.

Yep! I'll get around to posting my pictures at some point. Been busy lately... :(

Being a HUGE .hack fan, I couldn't resist taking a photo of your great Subaru costume! :)

(Actually, a lot of people took my picture in the dealers room Saturday morning, but I remember your *awesome* costume. How did you not pass out from heat exhaustion in that thing?!? It was one of the best costumes at the con, I must say.) Really, I should have gotten a picture. taken with you. I like feeling short. On occasion.

Thanks!
Actually, the costume wasn't that hot. The overalls are like wearing jeans, there's a black T-shirt on underneath (with fuzzy arms sewn to it), and I have the white vest over that. The head has needlepoint mesh as a framework and so even though it's covered in fur, it does breathe a bit. ...and when I walk, air flows in through the eyes.

...but wearing that at Anime Expo in California and in Baltimore's humidity for Otakon did get hot at times.

I had my Renamon costume on for about an hour on Friday night. That has a fully-enclosed head, so it doesn't breathe as well...but the yellow color reflects heat, so it's not too bad.

Now I just have to get moving on my .hack costume for 2004. :)

Tyris
10-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Single and gay here. PM me if you want and your local/semi local. Middletown NJ

ladysubaru25
10-18-2003, 02:10 AM
Being a HUGE .hack fan, I couldn't resist taking a photo of your great Subaru costume! :)

Hey, it's good to have fans! :) It's always good to get compliments from people who are really into your character/series. I actually got into this really crazy conversation about the show with a guy in the dealers room Sat. afternoon... it was a good, intelligent conversation though.

Actually, the costume wasn't that hot...

Hmmm- interesting. Never would have thought of that particular use for needlepoint mesh (having used it many times for its *intended* purpose...) Makes sense though. I don't know the first thing about constructing large, fuzzy costumes. Did the head have a harnass or anything to keep it from moving around?? I've seen one too many large, fuzzy costumes with hideous head harnasses. They look SO uncomfortable.

Now I just have to get moving on my .hack costume for 2004. :)

Really? Which character are you going to do? (And what cons are you planning on wearing it to? We should organize a photoshoot! Since I'm planning on doing a "Subaru version 2.0" for next season anyway...) I'd love to do BlackRose, but I can't quite afford the gym membership that would be necessary to get my butt in shape to wear the darned skimpy-arsed costume! :waaaah:
Personally, I think that Cyn should go as Balmung. I mean, if you can pull off Sephiroth, Balmung is just another set of wings and some more armor.... I certainly love those bishounen characters!

Hey, wait! Wasn't this thread originally supposed to be about alcohol??

Red Bull and Stoli is the best drink.... *EVER*.

KaineMaxwell
10-19-2003, 02:27 AM
26/m, from NJ and single here too. :(

JD and mountain dew...nice combination.

TheAnarCHris
10-19-2003, 11:08 PM
Really? Which character are you going to do? (And what cons are you planning on wearing it to? We should organize a photoshoot! Since I'm planning on doing a "Subaru version 2.0" for next season anyway...) I'd love to do BlackRose, but I can't quite afford the gym membership that would be necessary to get my butt in shape to wear the darned skimpy-arsed costume! :waaaah:
Personally, I think that Cyn should go as Balmung. I mean, if you can pull off Sephiroth, Balmung is just another set of wings and some more armor.... I certainly love those bishounen characters!

Lol fine I'll talk about liquor.

Im thinking mixng Red Bull with any sort of liquor is a bad idea. there'a a LOT of things in RB that dont mix well it liquor...think of it as mixing a downer with an upper.....if anyone is familiar with those fun fun druggie terms.

I'm gonna have to go with Mr. Daniels and MD like Mr. Kaine. The finest liqour mixed with the finest alter ginger ale rocks my socks. But in the end, bear is my misteress...a harsh one, but hey, i like it rough,lol.

And if Cyn's Balmung, can I be Tsucasa? I can whine reallllllll good, Lady S, yup yup ^-^.

No on second though I wann be Sora..yeah...stabbies over whiney any day...then I can have a knife fight with coach Z on a bridge (doubts anyone got that one)

ladysubaru25
10-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Lol fine I'll talk about liquor.

Great!

Im thinking mixng Red Bull with any sort of liquor is a bad idea. there'a a LOT of things in RB that dont mix well it liquor...think of it as mixing a downer with an upper.....

I'm gonna have to go with Mr. Daniels and MD like Mr. Kaine. The finest liqour mixed with the finest alter ginger ale rocks my socks. But in the end, bear is my misteress...a harsh one, but hey, i like it rough,lol.

::Looks down at the beer she is drinking right now::
Hmmm... Mt. Dew and JD souds pretty good right about now if I should say so myself...

RedBull and Stoli is only a really *BAD* thing when you about have 5 or 6 of them in one night... Like I did last week. :reverse:

And if Cyn's Balmung, can I be Tsucasa? I can whine reallllllll good, Lady S, yup yup ^-^.

No on second though I wann be Sora..yeah...stabbies over whiney any day...

Well, Cyn? Whaddaya say?? A player-killer and the wicked, winged angel-posse at AnimeNext '04?
I'm "all up ons"... :bigtu:

Sora's great... he's got the best lines in the series.
"You may be driving this train, but I'm the conductor!!" (Sora to Crim: Episode 13. I think.)

then I can have a knife fight with coach Z on a bridge (doubts anyone got that one)

ROTFLMFAO!!!! :crylaugh:

Yeah. Homestar Runner is my main man. (No, actually, Strong Bad is my main man.) Can't think of any good Coach Z quotes right now.

And you thought no one would get it...

Cyn
10-19-2003, 11:45 PM
If I can get some good reference pics, then it may be possible.

So...If I'm Balmung, does that mean we can create our own fanfic? =P

TheAnarCHris
10-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Great!

::Looks down at the beer she is drinking right now::
Hmmm... Mt. Dew and JD souds pretty good right about now if I should say so myself...

RedBull and Stoli is only a really *BAD* thing when you about have 5 or 6 of them in one night... Like I did last week. :reverse:

Well, Cyn? Whaddaya say?? A player-killer and the wicked, winged angel-posse at AnimeNext '04?
I'm "all up ons"... :bigtu:

Sora's great... he's got the best lines in the series.
"You may be driving this train, but I'm the conductor!!" (Sora to Crim: Episode 13. I think.)

Yeah. Homestar Runner is my main man. (No, actually, Strong Bad is my main man.) Can't think of any good Coach Z quotes right now.

Watch me reply folks!!!

::Zoom!!::

Liquor..um....yeah anything plus Jack equals fun. Also fun, although liquor free, is Mountain Dew and Kool-Aid....any flavor will do, but I went with the classic green dew, and fruit punch kool aid. I was the mother of all sugar highs, ask anyone @ the karaoke room @ shoujocon, who witnessed me showing the differences between prancing and frockling (there is belive you me) and mouth off to a Rinoa who called me a punk (I was dressed as Leon-Squall, her bf was Seifer, it was a long and not too funny story). But yeah :cheers: none the less.

What else.....
Oh yeah. .hack cosplay. As much as I would love to run around as a 10 yr. old P.Ker, I doubt I'm actually gonna make a costume. Far to complex for me, and next aN I have to cut my hair, and dye it blonde for a certain, large sword wielding mercenary from on of them Final Fantasy games......

What else....oh yeah.

My main man=Homstar- he's the orginal ladies man and the captain of the gravy train.......

Quality Coach Z quotes

"Oh no, the king has gone mad with power and is trying to eat the chort!"

"Jareeeeobbbbb."

"Trick or Tort!"

"I'm trying to take a leak here."

Starwind824-I'm ill like that heart attack!

PatrickD
10-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Hmmm- interesting. Never would have thought of that particular use for needlepoint mesh (having used it many times for its *intended* purpose...) Makes sense though. I don't know the first thing about constructing large, fuzzy costumes. Did the head have a harnass or anything to keep it from moving around?? I've seen one too many large, fuzzy costumes with hideous head harnasses. They look SO uncomfortable.

It just rests on my head. There's no harness in side or anything.
Actualy, because Renamon's head is an odd shape, I put a visor inside to help it stay put...but Fox is harness-free. :)

I probably have photos somewhere...
Here's Renamon's head before it was covered:
http://www.adequate.com/images/patrickd/Misc/Renamon/InProgress/Head.jpg

HA HA! Well, you make a great Subaru...and there are always plenty other characters to choose from if you wanted a second costume from the .hack universe. Gardenia, Mistral, Natsume, Rachel ...or even Terajima Ryoko (who looks a lot like Subaru...but more angelic.)

A friend of mine is working on a Grunty costume that she'll (hopefully) have in time for Anime Boston. We'll enter the Anime Expo masquerade when we're out there.
As for my costume, I haven't told many people...but if you consider Renamon and Fox, it shouldn't be hard to figure out what character I'm going to be ambitious enough to attempt next. :rolleyes:

Let's just say that I've got a lot of Purple fabric... ;)

I'm a big Mike's Hard Lemonade fan (regular or cranberry), but I recently discovered Smirnof Twisted Cranberry. It goes down REAL easy. :drink:

cyborg_mermaid
10-20-2003, 06:52 PM

Coach Z: I'm takin' a leak! o.o (Jaerb!) (Joreaerb!! ><)

:D

Hiroe
10-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Hiroe, anime fans are the best- for SO many reasons. Most of which you've mentioned already. We really should organize some sort of singles event at future cons, even if it is just a room party or something like that. Who knows? Other west-coast con's may get word of it, and decide to do 'otaku singles nights' too! It may just start a ::cringe:: TREND!

ugh, don't mention trends. I'm just SO glad that "Chair" thing is finally over with.

But yes, i'd like to throw a singles' party., sometime. I might even give it a whirl at Nekocon, if i can swing the tab for stocking a room-party bar.

JD + Mountain Dew = Antifreeze.
Personally, i'm more fond of sugary mixed drinks, particularly if they pack a wallop that's not noticed. I'm quite good with the blender, and can mix up Daquiris like nobody's business.

Another few faves: Plum wine, and authentic Mead.

--Drew

hikura
10-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Here is an intresting.
Sake+Molson Triple X beer=One hell of a sake bomb that will rock your socks off and plus put you on your ass lol.
Well the good news as genericon is apporaching i was thinking of having a cosplay.com gathering and do a lunch thing.I am going ot look into it so yeah.Plus this way if your single and looking maybe a good way to find someone.
Maybe for those who are going to the next animeboston and maybe next years animenext we should do something like this.

TheAnarCHris
10-20-2003, 09:59 PM
Man O Man, I have no clue what's on ur avatar C_Mermaid, but it rocks my socks but hard.

Well seeing how I'm ai irish man here's sum more drink recipts of mine

Irish Water- 5 parts whiskey, 1 part beer

Irish Beer- 5 parts whiskey, 4 parts guiness

Irish Wine Cooler- 5 parts whiskey, 1 bottle of wine, a strawberry.

Irish Mountain Dew- 5 parts whiskey, 1 can of Dew.

Fun no?

KaineMaxwell
10-20-2003, 10:38 PM
JD and Coke is my father's fav...how'd we turn this from a singles topic to drinking??

hikura
10-21-2003, 02:13 PM
Well it is a singles Bar lmao kaine.

cyborg_mermaid
10-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Man O Man, I have no clue what's on ur avatar C_Mermaid, but it rocks my socks but hard.

Well seeing how I'm ai irish man here's sum more drink recipts of mine

Irish Water- 5 parts whiskey, 1 part beer

Irish Beer- 5 parts whiskey, 4 parts guiness

Irish Wine Cooler- 5 parts whiskey, 1 bottle of wine, a strawberry.

Irish Mountain Dew- 5 parts whiskey, 1 can of Dew.

Fun no?

Wai! ::Fan dance of joy:: It's Tare-Ginji from Get Backers. Just d/l the series, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. xD

And another thing, anyone specialize in Pina Coladas? I feel like getting in touch with the intoxicated side of my heritage. e.e

ladysubaru25
10-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Alright- I dare y'all to try and follow this reply...

If I can get some good reference pics, then it may be possible.

So...If I'm Balmung, does that mean we can create our own fanfic? =P

Hmmm, Cyn... live fanfic? Wouldn't that be a cosplay skit??!?
Yes- I could think of many *ahem* "interesting" fanfics that could be made out of that idea. Cosplay skits have to be PG-13, though.

PG-13! PG-13!!!!!

Liquor..um....yeah anything plus Jack equals fun...

...mouth off to a Rinoa who called me a punk (I was dressed as Leon-Squall, her bf was Seifer, it was a long and not too funny story). But yeah :cheers: none the less.

So, you can tell. I'm sure we're all up for funny con stories.
If not, PM me. I'd be amused to hear it. I could tell you about the weird conversations I got into with some of the guys in the dealers room who stopped to take my picture (which would probably only make sense to those people who are majorly into the .hack series anyway...)

Can't believe I didn't think of that "takin' a whizz" quote.
Jeez, I really need to start sleeping on a regular basis! :snoring:

HA HA! Well, you make a great Subaru...and there are always plenty other characters to choose from if you wanted a second costume from the .hack universe. Gardenia, Mistral, Natsume, Rachel ...or even Terajima Ryoko (who looks a lot like Subaru...but more angelic.)

You know, I've had discussions about this. What's up with all of the .hack Heavy Axemen (er, I mean, Heavy Axe-chicks...) having angel wings???

Actually, If I do another .hack character, it will probably be B.T, but I've thought about doing Terajima already though... as weird as it is, gotta love those angel wings!

As for my costume, I haven't told many people...but if you consider Renamon and Fox, it shouldn't be hard to figure out what character I'm going to be ambitious enough to attempt next. :rolleyes:

Let's just say that I've got a lot of Purple fabric... ;)

OMFG!! I think I know what you're going to do. (I'll PM you my guess just in case I'm right- I don't want to kill your buzz. Would you tell me if I'm correct?) This is going to be hella cool if you're doing what I'm thinking... *Please let me be right!!*

"Malternatives" like Mike's lemonade go down WAY TOO easliy. Ya gotta watch that stuff!

But yes, i'd like to throw a singles' party., sometime. I might even give it a whirl at Nekocon, if i can swing the tab for stocking a room-party bar.

Don't think I'll make it to Neko. Was thinking about going, but I just started this new job, and I'm not sure when my PTO kicks in... We should definitely plan on doing it at AnimeNext next year though. Anyone planning on going to Anime Mid Atlantic? (Memorial Day weekend '04 in Richmond VA.) I'll definitely be there- with bells (um, I mean wings...) on!

Cyn
10-21-2003, 09:47 PM
Yes- I could think of many *ahem* "interesting" fanfics that could be made out of that idea. Cosplay skits have to be PG-13, though.

PG-13! PG-13!!!!!

::Snaps fingers:: Shucks lol PM me about it, and I'll see what I can do.

PatrickD
10-22-2003, 09:29 AM
ugh, don't mention trends. I'm just SO glad that "Chair" thing is finally over with.

Yeah, but those stupid signs that a lot of people are carrying around have replaced it.

I guess a lot of people don't think it's pathetic looking to walk around holding a sign begging for hugs...but it really is. Sad.

PatrickD
10-22-2003, 09:41 AM
You know, I've had discussions about this. What's up with all of the .hack Heavy Axemen (er, I mean, Heavy Axe-chicks...) having angel wings???

I just write it off to the fact that it's supposed to be a game, so I figure everyone's got the same few character models to choose from for their particular class and then can pick different skins. ...so that explains why Bear and Orca look similar, Mimiru and BlackRose, Elk and Tsukasa. Of course, those are carbon copies and Terajima is a bit different from Subaru...so maybe they changed the model design in an upgrade so new characters couldn't pretend to be Lady Subaru. (I'm just guessing here, but Subaru impersonators was something they mentioned in the series.)

Actually, If I do another .hack character, it will probably be B.T, but I've thought about doing Terajima already though... as weird as it is, gotta love those angel wings!

Yeah. I dunno, there seems to be something nice and appealing about characters with wings and big axes. Kind of an "innocent but tough enough to kick some butt" look.

OMFG!! I think I know what you're going to do. (I'll PM you my guess just in case I'm right- I don't want to kill your buzz. Would you tell me if I'm correct?) This is going to be hella cool if you're doing what I'm thinking... *Please let me be right!!*

Oops, I had PM turned off. Fixed that. ...but I think you've guessed it.

"Malternatives" like Mike's lemonade go down WAY TOO easliy. Ya gotta watch that stuff!

Mmmm... Good stuff.

TheAnarCHris
10-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Alright- I dare y'all to try and follow this reply...

PG-13! PG-13!!!!!

So, you can tell. I'm sure we're all up for funny con stories.
If not, PM me. I'd be amused to hear it. I could tell you about the weird conversations I got into with some of the guys in the dealers room who stopped to take my picture (which would probably only make sense to those people who are majorly into the .hack series anyway...)

Can't believe I didn't think of that "takin' a whizz" quote.
Jeez, I really need to start sleeping on a regular basis! :snoring:

Man, I REALLY wanna comment on the fanfic remark, but the last thing I need to get jumped by a bunch of .hack cosplayers.....

As for funny cosplay stories, the karoake incident wasnt too funny, so I'll skip that. For the better ones, you'll have to PM me about those, seeing how their definetly in the NC-17 area, and would get me kicked off of cosplay.com in a heartbeat. :chatah:

And speaking of .hack cosplayers, there was an AMAZING Bear @ Shoujocon this past year (And I mean AMAZING). He was at aN2k3 as well, but not in Bear form. My friend Mel, who goes by Pink Bunnie in these parts, does an awesome Tsucasa.

KaineMaxwell
10-22-2003, 12:06 PM
Actually at BAAF only reason I really had the sign (see my photo gallery) was since my Keitaro was kinda a variation and gheto-ish. Worked through for me.

Hiroe
10-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Yeah, but those stupid signs that a lot of people are carrying around have replaced it. (referring to chair)

Hey........

That doesn't include *MY* sign, does it?

I trust you've seen me at a con, carrying it. It's about 7 foot tall, dry-erase on both sides, with a bunch of my con badges clipped around the outside. (I can provide links to pictures if necessary.)

It's how i advertise the stories i tell. As a Convention Bard, i need *some* way to approach my audience. ^^

--Drew

ladysubaru25
10-22-2003, 10:13 PM
That doesn't include *MY* sign, does it?

I trust you've seen me at a con, carrying it. It's about 7 foot tall, dry-erase on both sides, with a bunch of my con badges clipped around the outside. (I can provide links to pictures if necessary.)

--Drew

Was yours the sign that advertised "How I sold my Soul to Retail" or something like that?? Because I remember seeing a guy with a sign advertising a story about working in Retail, and I absolutely died laughing! :crylaugh: (Both myself and one of the friends I went to ANext with have worked in retail for a WHILE, and we KNOW how it can suck ya dry!!)

I pointed and laughed at that one... just wondering if it was you... If it was, it was a *GREAT* sign!

Hiroe
10-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Was yours the sign that advertised "How I sold my Soul to Retail" or something like that?? Because I remember seeing a guy with a sign advertising a story about working in Retail, and I absolutely died laughing! :crylaugh: (Both myself and one of the friends I went to ANext with have worked in retail for a WHILE, and we KNOW how it can suck ya dry!!)

I pointed and laughed at that one... just wondering if it was you... If it was, it was a *GREAT* sign!

Bingo, that's me. ^_^

Although the way i use to describe my relationship with retail is: it ate my soul.
And to be honest, the stories themselves about my experiences working retail are *Far* more amusing than just the teaser itself. For example, i used to manage a video rental store that had a porn room. Imagine the possible implications, -_-

--Drew

Cyn
10-22-2003, 10:46 PM
I !<3 retail. I worked in a video game store for 3 years. -_-

In other news, I may go as a Sexy .hack//DUSK Balmung next year. It seems a bit more appealing.

ladysubaru25
10-22-2003, 10:47 PM
Bingo, that's me. ^_^

Although the way i use to describe my relationship with retail is: it ate my soul.

A ha! So that's how it was written... and so true it is! :rolleyes:

And to be honest, the stories themselves about my experiences working retail are *Far* more amusing than just the teaser itself. For example, i used to manage a video rental store that had a porn room. Imagine the possible implications, -_-

Porn? :mfg: Whoa... I need to hear this.
Video Store stories are always good. One of my friends worked in a video store AND a gas station. Her stories were great. PM me if you feel the material is "inappropriate", but seriously. I need to hear this story.

I owe you $2 at the next con...

PatrickD
10-22-2003, 11:32 PM

It's how i advertise the stories i tell. As a Convention Bard, i need *some* way to approach my audience. ^^

Nah. That's fine...as are signs that are part of a costume (especially panda costumes) or signs that are necessary to identify obscure characters. ("No, I'm NOT Pikachu! I'm Renamon!")

I'm talking about the "Please Hug Me!" and "Donate to my sad cause" signs that you'd expect to see from beggars on the street.

Hiroe
10-23-2003, 12:15 PM
A ha! So that's how it was written... and so true it is! :rolleyes:

Indeed. I've also worked at Home Depot, Rickels, Haloween Adventure, and i was even a janitor at a dirt mall once. -_-

Porn? :mfg: Whoa... I need to hear this.
Video Store stories are always good. One of my friends worked in a video store AND a gas station. Her stories were great. PM me if you feel the material is "inappropriate", but seriously. I need to hear this story.
I owe you $2 at the next con...

Heh. well, 3 words: "Greasy-Hand Man". If you still want to hear more about that particular collection of humor and disgust, by all means, i'll PM you the whole collection (or as much as i can recall at the moment).

Sweet! ^_^ This is how i make it to so many cons. Entertaining for tuppance makes it a lot more affordable.

Although........ I *CAN* be bribed to share stories for 'alternative motivations'. And once such a deal is struck, i do keep up my end of the bargain. ^_~

Okay, recipie time.

Ecto Cooler: 2 gallons of ecto-green kool-aid, 2 40-oz bottles of 151-proof rum, a 5th of Segrams 7, and a can of OJ concentrate. Mix thoroughly, and chill. (if desired, spoon rainbow sherbert into it before mixing. this gives it more of an Ectoplasmic Slime consistency)

Recommended dosage? Not more than an 8-ounce glass per 50 LBS of body weight. Cheap drunks should also go easy on this, as well.

--Drew

TheAnarCHris
10-23-2003, 10:37 PM
I was a big fan of my "Go F-k yourself" sign @ Otakon....well it wasnt so much of a sign, but something i said to every punk who approached my gf with one of them stupid hug/glomp/sex signs......

And I currently work in a KRU (for a year and a half) After spending a little over a year in Toy's R Us...yay retail

Cyn
10-23-2003, 10:52 PM
::Puts on a cap, with feathers adorning it completely, and looks into a mirror:: Hmm...

Carrot Glace
10-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Hey guys! I finally decided to come in here.

For those who don't know me, I'm from Seaford, Long Island, 26 years old, and I've been watching anime (known the term) for about 12 years.

I haven't had a girlfriend for about two and a half years. It was mostly an online relationship, and she and I only met in person one time. But I suppose that it was than not having a relationship at all. The problem is that I can't seem to forget the love that I once shared with her; I still have the picture of the two of us in my wallet. Sometimes I feel that the only way I can truly forget about her is to find someone who can make me feel the same way I do with her, if not better; that would be the day I could finally tear up that picture and put that memory behind me.

Please forgive for droneing on like that. I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Somebody pass me the stiffest drink you know of!

ladysubaru25
10-25-2003, 12:22 AM
Hey guys! I finally decided to come in here.

Well, then. Welcome to the insanity!
This thread is off the hook... :reverse:

For those who don't know me, I'm from Seaford, Long Island, 26 years old, and I've been watching anime (known the term) for about 12 years.

WooHoo!!! Guys who are close-to-my-age on this thread!
Sweet.
For a while, I thought I was the only old-schooler here...

I...that would be the day I could finally tear up that picture and put that memory behind me.

Please forgive for droneing on like that. I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Somebody pass me the stiffest drink you know of!

Awww... there there...

:: passes Carrot bottle of ice-cold Yukon Jack that was just removed from the freezer ::

Everything will be alright. You're among friends here...
Now Drink Up! :drink:

How about a Kentucky Wildcat to go along with that too?

ladysubaru25
10-25-2003, 12:25 AM
::Puts on a cap, with feathers adorning it completely, and looks into a mirror:: Hmm...

What can I say? It's *YOU*, Cyn... ^_~

Hiroe
10-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Whoa... I need to hear this. PM me if you feel the material is "inappropriate", but seriously. I need to hear this story.

Check your PM inbox. ^_^

TheAnarCHris
10-25-2003, 02:05 PM
:::comes back with a 42oz bottle of jack in one hand, and a smashed Gamecube in ther other::

FRIKKIN PARROTT, I HATED YOU IN STAR FOX AND I HATE WHAT U DID TO MY POOR DEFENSELESS..Ummmm ::checks pokedex:: JIGGLYPUFF LAST NIGHT U JERK!!!!!!!

And for the record folks, nothing is funnier than seeing a giant chrom Jiggypuff with a super scope in SSBM...NOTHING!!!

cyborg_mermaid
10-25-2003, 04:05 PM
:::comes back with a 42oz bottle of jack in one hand, and a smashed Gamecube in ther other::

FRIKKIN PARROTT, I HATED YOU IN STAR FOX AND I HATE WHAT U DID TO MY POOR DEFENSELESS..Ummmm ::checks pokedex:: JIGGLYPUFF LAST NIGHT U JERK!!!!!!!

And for the record folks, nothing is funnier than seeing a giant chrom Jiggypuff with a super scope in SSBM...NOTHING!!!

Somedays you just frighten me. xD

KaineMaxwell
10-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Only sometimes?

cyborg_mermaid
10-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Only sometimes?

....Correction, whenever I think of Starwind wearing my confessional. x.x

TheAnarCHris
10-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Ironically, I attended @ party last night hosted by the same girl who i hit on @ animeNEXT with the confessional on my head...good times, good times.

Carrot Glace
10-26-2003, 10:05 PM
Awww... there there...

:: passes Carrot bottle of ice-cold Yukon Jack that was just removed from the freezer ::

Everything will be alright. You're among friends here...
Now Drink Up! :drink:

Thanks for understanding.

If you know of any women who are single and looking, please let them know I'd be interested in meeting them.

ki kuru kitty
10-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Now I'll do a dance .......... .::Dances:: .. ... .... ... ..

Kasai
10-27-2003, 09:17 PM
Whoa! ::has a revelation:: Hiroe, are you the teller of "THE Morbid Con Story"?! Is that you? I'm not sure, but you mentioned something about a dry erase board and con badges..

Well, anyway, if it is, I love you. That story was definately worth the four dollars I gave you the past two cons in a row. ^^

::wiggles fingers in air:: I am single. Gender not important. ^^; I'm not seriously looking for anyone, but it would be kind of nice.

I like Heineken Special Dark and Asahi beer, even though me nowhere near legal drinking age. Kasai very bad girl. =F

Hiroe
10-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Whoa! ::has a revelation:: Hiroe, are you the teller of "THE Morbid Con Story"?! Is that you? I'm not sure, but you mentioned something about a dry erase board and con badges..

Well, anyway, if it is, I love you. That story was definately worth the four dollars I gave you the past two cons in a row. ^^

That is indeed none other than myself. ^_^
If you continue to love me, and want to hear more stories, i can be bribed. ^_~ (I have a LOT of stuff. I can keep you entertained for hours, if properly motivated.)

::wiggles fingers in air:: I am single. Gender not important. ^^; I'm not seriously looking for anyone, but it would be kind of nice.

I like Heineken Special Dark and Asahi beer, even though me nowhere near legal drinking age. Kasai very bad girl. =F

Mm, Asahi. I'm also partial to Kirin, particularly the ichiban.

And actually, you remind me of something i often wonder about....

If you did indeed find your soulmate, how many of you here would be picky about the form they wear? Do you think that love for your match would transcend your preferred package, if any?

Personally, it doesn't matter to me. If i find someone with that kind of connection, the shape of the puppet is irrelevant. (although having fun with it is a nice bonus! ^_~)

Anyway.
Drinking age, while a legal necessity, is often total crap. I know a lot of not-legal people who are quite capable of knowing their limit, respecting it, and not abusing the opportunity. Unfortunate that the law forbids us from trusting them, ne? (or at least until we get parental consent, i think.)

Kasai
10-28-2003, 07:00 PM
That is indeed none other than myself. ^_^
If you continue to love me, and want to hear more stories, i can be bribed. ^_~ (I have a LOT of stuff. I can keep you entertained for hours, if properly motivated.)

I suppose we'll just have to see how much money I have on me at the next con. ^^~

If you did indeed find your soulmate, how many of you here would be picky about the form they wear? Do you think that love for your match would transcend your preferred package, if any?

Personally, I feel the same way you do. I think that love can transcend gender, and if you really care for someone, their "equipment" matters not. I believe that love itself can be a truly beautiful, wonderful thing, and shouldn't be restrained simply because of the gender of the one you care about. I also feel sad for those who cannot truly express their sexuality, whether because of their religion, location, family or friends. Repression can be a very sad thing.

(Do ya think I might be in the Gay-Straight Alliance at my high school?)

I may not be gay but I have pride oozing out my ears. ^^~

::sits down on a bar stool::

This is the strangest bar I've ever been to.

::slaps fake ID on counter and throws back a shot of sake::

Hee heeeee..... :drunk:

By the way, Hiroe.. I love your innuendoes. ::hic::

Hiroe
10-29-2003, 12:49 PM
Personally, I feel the same way you do. I think that love can transcend gender, and if you really care for someone, their "equipment" matters not. I believe that love itself can be a truly beautiful, wonderful thing, and shouldn't be restrained simply because of the gender of the one you care about.

*nods* Indeed.

I also feel sad for those who cannot truly express their sexuality, whether because of their religion, location, family or friends. Repression can be a very sad thing. (Do ya think I might be in the Gay-Straight Alliance at my high school?) --I may not be gay but I have pride oozing out my ears. ^^~

I abhor repression. People should be free to be themselves, and if anyone doesn't like it, they can go to hell. (or other non-denominational bad place of your choosing.)

By the way, Hiroe.. I love your innuendoes. ::hic::

I suppose we'll just have to see how much money I have on me at the next con. ^^~

Heehee, you're just FULL of the love, aren't you? ^_~

Well, to give you more of what you love (that being innuendoes), i'll mention that i can be bribed in other ways besides cold cash.
(That bribery resulting in another thing you love, more stories. ^_^)

I'm sure there's other things i can do, which you would love, if you knew about them. However, i'll avoid mentioning them here, considering the PG-13 rating that we need to maintain. *waggles eyebrows*

I'm not just a simple storyteller. (I'm also plotting galactic conquest! *Naga Laugh*)

-------------------------------------

Hmm. There's a place around the corner from work, that has Kirin, Asahi, and Sapporro in both 6-pack bottles, and 40-oz cans. I'm tempted to stock up before Neko. ^_~

Kasai
10-29-2003, 09:08 PM
Woo and yay for galactic conquest!

KaineMaxwell
11-01-2003, 04:25 PM
First a con, then the world!

TuxedoKamenXv
06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Just thought I'd drop in and say hey, I guess this is a forum for all the singles in the area coming to the con?

KaineMaxwell
06-15-2007, 11:59 AM
I guess so if Cyn does one this year. *shrug

Jim The Fly
06-16-2007, 12:45 AM
*wanders by, sticks head in and looks around*

"Hey, anyone seen a Yamcha????"

(I'm gonna get stabbed at ANext for that one. XD!)

LadyHawke78
06-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Yo, Cyn!
(How YOU doin'?) XD

I can't believe this thread is still alive. Risen from teh DEAD, apparently. (THREAD NECROMANCY GO LOL!) I remember when this first got started after ANext '03. You know-- when I first met you and Carrie and CHris. :P

Classic, man. I'm almost slightly regretting that I'll be in Florida during ANext this year. This con kind of blows, but cool people go. And party.

Like ROCKSTARS... XD

Jim The Fly
06-16-2007, 06:37 PM
LadyHawke, well said. My friends and I all seem to be of a similar mindset: The con itself isn't that great (for reasons ranging from security issues to harassment on- and off-line by con staff to just the fact that it really can't be set up that well just because of venue) . But it's always one of our favorites because of the people who go there. I don't think that I've ever had a BAD ANext. Not even close.

DaniiChan
06-17-2007, 11:41 PM
haha way to go for reviving a four year old thread Scott..... XD I find it amusing cause Cyn isn't even single!

Ranma Saotome
06-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Holy crap... Who the heck reopened this thread... *looks up* Why doesn't that suprise me. :p

*goes and turns on the lights behind the bar*

TheAnarCHris
06-18-2007, 08:53 AM
WTF? Cyn's had the same gf since...2004.....? I think pretty sure it I got an X-box when he got a gf...sweet deal in IMO.

I'll call him later about this, for this is full of dumb and LOL.

vampricyoda
06-18-2007, 04:00 PM
HEY BABY!

SEXY VAMPRICYODA HERE IS LOOKING FOR LADIES!

HE SHALL BE AT NEXT D OING HIS MATEING CALL!

alone, in the corner, being mocked.

KaineMaxwell
06-19-2007, 11:30 AM
alone, in the corner, being mocked.

By Chistopher Walken.

TheAnarCHris
06-19-2007, 03:50 PM
By Chistopher Walken.

Or by this CHris. Who'll be intoxicated. Which is pretty much the same thing.

Ranma Saotome
06-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Minus the dress.

Chibiko721
06-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Well, i'm single without the guys. But definetly taken by the ladies :3

*orders a Virgin Pina Colada drink* Does that make me a pimp?

dressdragn
06-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Cyn,

Why are you running a singles event when your not even single? Also in addition to drinking there should be games, that usualy helps break the ice.

~Anna

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Well, i'm single without the guys. But definetly taken by the ladies :3

*orders a Virgin Pina Colada drink* Does that make me a pimp?

Yes. Yes it does. XD

TheAnarCHris
06-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Cyn,

Why are you running a singles event when your not even single? Also in addition to drinking there should be games, that usualy helps break the ice.

~Anna

He was like....3/4 years ago? Scott somehow managed to find it from the depth of hell and bring it back, where he's been mocked accordingly.

Also I spoke to said Cyn about this. Here's his stance:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WTF? ARE YOU ( CENSORED) SERIOUS?"

Direct Quote folks.

The only games should be drinking and smoking games. And maybe Mario Kart. Maybe.

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Just thought I'd drop in and say hey, I guess this is a forum for all the singles in the area coming to the con?

Have you noticed the date of the original thread...?

Ranma Saotome
06-21-2007, 11:50 PM

I'm going away now...

Chibiko721
06-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Well if you wanna break the ice, I have a game I bought at Barnes and Nobles, which I'm still going OMG I can't believe they were selling that at a public bookstore, call Dirty Minds.

How dirty can our minds be when we're drunk? or more or less sober even? XD

TuxedoKamenXv
06-22-2007, 11:55 PM
No Kaine I didn't see the date of the last post when I replied.

Ranma Saotome
06-23-2007, 04:23 AM
I'm gonna slap you all. ^_^

Pincer
06-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Dirty old man in the hooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uussssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

**lol**

Evangelos312
06-29-2007, 03:27 AM
yay for Dirty Minds!! I love that game..
It depends who you play with though-the answers my friends gave were just...well, stupid.

p.s. Single and ready for mingling[ithink?]