PDA

View Full Version : dragonballz fit!

princeofdacosmo
11-17-2010, 09:47 AM
i dunno if its been done before but i think it would be cool to have the body of a saiyan when cosplaying. wanted to know if its been done. I wanna try and go as gogeta and i think im getting some progress. also this is probably the wrong place to ask but how could i make his hair? im no good with wigs w/ hair that goes up. my first post so i hope im not doing it wrong

Kasinator
11-17-2010, 10:31 AM
well it has. :D its in this board's thread directory. :D Be warned, its our expert level workout. At least six months to a year of weight training is recommended.

princeofdacosmo
11-17-2010, 10:40 AM
well it has. :D its in this board's thread directory. :D Be warned, its our expert level workout. At least six months to a year of weight training is recommended.

Oh. it looks ok i know how to work out and just got back from surgery a month ago so i think i may be strong enough by march but i wanted to know if anyone has done it. like does anyone have a picture of themselves as a jacked dbz character? i wouldnt know where to look its my first time using this site. also maybe how to loose weight b/c they have abs... really really bulky abs and ive seen skinny people w/ flat abs b4 but if u do too high a weight w/ abs it isnt really abs moreso one big bulge of ab muscle :(. ooor if anyone else would try it w/ me? like a 5 month montage and see where it goes. no supplements allowed! lol just eat peanut butter and tunafish and lentils mmm lentils that how u get ur protein anyone want to try?

Kasinator
11-17-2010, 11:14 AM
well there are a few DBZ cosplays on this site you can find on the search button above. they range in quality.

HomeDepot
11-17-2010, 10:01 PM
It sounds lame, but all the best DBZ "wigs" that I have seen have been made out of foam (think wisconsin cheese head material). The folks who really know what they're doing can make a decent wig out of hair, but personally I don't think they look any better than the foam ones. good luck

Loplod
11-18-2010, 01:48 AM

Assuming you are already at a normal level and not fat. otherwise It will take longer

princeofdacosmo
11-18-2010, 08:33 PM
It sounds lame, but all the best DBZ "wigs" that I have seen have been made out of foam (think wisconsin cheese head material). The folks who really know what they're doing can make a decent wig out of hair, but personally I don't think they look any better than the foam ones. good luck

I never would of thought it sounds like a great idea/ where would i buy it?

princeofdacosmo
11-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Assuming you are already at a normal level and not fat. otherwise It will take longer

what is normal level? i just came back from surgery a month ago so what would the "normal" be?

Loplod
11-19-2010, 12:04 AM
what is normal level? i just came back from surgery a month ago so what would the "normal" be?

When I say normal I mean along the lines of... Normal xD?

Not fat, around an average weight, If you are fat and want to be going for a DBZ look then you will have to cut (lose fat) before you can bulk (gain muscle) and beccome shredded like a DBZ character this is why it would take longer.

Vai
11-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Its going to be hard to pull off that true Saiyan look without looking something like Hide Yamagishi haha.
http://goldenmuscles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/hideYamagishi1.jpg

princeofdacosmo
11-19-2010, 03:41 AM
Its going to be hard to pull off that true Saiyan look without looking something like Hide Yamagishi haha.
http://goldenmuscles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/hideYamagishi1.jpg

O.o is there any way to not get so veiny? why do they show so much? because he has a low body fat percentage?

Ghai
11-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Its because he's pure man! Lol no he's flexing the !@#$ out himself. Or just worked out. At that size he'd just look freakishly big in regular clothes. His forearms would probably be the only thing that remained the veiny

Loplod
11-19-2010, 08:36 AM
I actully remember reading a thing about those veins.... But I can't remember it.

But you wouldn't get so veiny, and you wouldn't be as tanned so they wouldn't stick out that much even if they did show up.

Vai
11-19-2010, 09:32 AM
O.o is there any way to not get so veiny? why do they show so much? because he has a low body fat percentage?

Vascularity is genetic, but the lower the bodyfat the more they show, yes. Hide isn't really veiny at all...

Check out Branch warren:
http://www.spiderwebx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/branch_warren_021.jpg
:mfg:

princeofdacosmo
11-19-2010, 04:47 PM
EWWWWW god that picture >.< hopefully i dont get veins like that. maybe the two people shown take supplements or steroids? i would never take either so hopefully that doesnt happen b/c thats really gross. Ill try working out and get back to this in 2-3 months w/ part costme and ask for feedback and what i should work on

Vai
11-19-2010, 08:04 PM
EWWWWW god that picture >.< hopefully i dont get veins like that. maybe the two people shown take supplements or steroids? i would never take either so hopefully that doesnt happen b/c thats really gross. Ill try working out and get back to this in 2-3 months w/ part costme and ask for feedback and what i should work on

Yes they take steroids. Theres nothing wrong with supplements though, a staple in most lifters diet is a protein powder. It's really just convenience. Don't forget to lift heavy, and focus on compounds! :)

Selkies
11-21-2010, 03:02 AM
quick question how do you work out your serratus? those seem quite hard to define.

Vai
11-21-2010, 03:20 AM
quick question how do you work out your serratus? those seem quite hard to define.

Pushups. You can also do serratus pushups which look like this:
http://www.crossfitinvictus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Serratus-2.jpg

Pullovers also hit the serratus. The amount they show will also depend on your level of bodyfat.

Selkies
11-21-2010, 03:26 AM
yea ive come to see that abs wont start showing until you have less than 10% bodyfat.

but thanks for the info man ill have to start right away.

HomeDepot
11-21-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't know where to get them personally, but I'm sure you could go through the pictures on this site until you find somebody wearing one and ask.

PhDPepper
11-21-2010, 10:04 PM
You can exercise serratus's by doing a barbell pullover on a decline bench with locked elbows. Those muscles are really hard to target and isolate. Its actually an exercise for a sliver of muscle that goes across the lower pecs but, in my case, the serratus also gets a little bit of a workout to stabilize the body. Link (http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/wide-grip-decline-barbell-pullover)

I actually don't do crunches to keep a smaller waistline, so this is probably the only exercise that i perform that has a secondary effect of working out the serratus, and i guess they're semi visible on me Link (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2632797/)

Hmm, guess as a side comment, i should also add that if you have been overweight at a period of time in your life, you may have a higher number of Adipose(fat) cells in your body. They can shrink down quite a bit, but, once you've reached your capacity with the adipose cells you have, you're body is going to create more, and the extra cells don't really go away even after years of diet and exercise, and for the most part shrink but will stay their. So you really do have to start early when it comes to these things. They shrink to around 1% of their normal size though so, its not really a huge factor unless your trying to get paper thin skin, which i guess a lot of people find weird anyway.

distantarray
12-01-2010, 01:57 PM
The most important thing about building muscle, EAT EAT AND EAT MORE. If your getting fat your over eating, if your losing weight your not eating enough. Try to find a happy medium, to gain a super saiyan body you need to eat a super saiyan amount. My buddy is 300 pounds and still has a 6pack o_O ...... he wakes up 2am just to eat a meal then go back to bed. Intakes 10-15k calories a day on a normal basis. It's good to start out with 3-5k depending on bodytype while hard training.