PDA

View Full Version : delivery delays from Australia to North America

playmysitardemy
11-24-2010, 12:43 PM
I don't know if this actually fits here.....

I don't usually buy costumes off the marketplace (though a few times I came close), but I pretty much fell for this one. It was moderately priced in my opinion for a used costume so I decided to get it. The girl seemed nice and answered all my questions on the costume.

This is where I get concerned. I paid for it on the 18th or 19th of October and she said she sent it out the 22nd. She lives in Australia and I live in the States. She told me it'd be about three weeks max to get here......it's now been over a month and still nothing. I asked her about two weeks into the wait if there was a tracking number and she said only express packages get one.

I sent another PM two days ago but her profile says she hasn't been on since the 12th, when I last sent a PM to her and received an answer. I also emailed her but still my inbox is empty.

Should I be worried? I've never had a package come from Australia but the ones from China or Japan only took a month since they would occasionally get stuck in customs. Also I noticed she only has 10 posts and has been a user for about a year, plus only 4 pictures (and no pics of the costume she sold me). I'm not accusing her but I am getting very worried about the situation.

Lovelychristina
11-24-2010, 03:48 PM
All I can suggest is give her until Dec 1st to contact you. If she doesn't File a report with Paypal. (I would Think you used)

Customs Is a Funny thing they can hold items for a long while and it get annoying. China usually gets away with it since most of them mark the product as gifts. (Which I've noticed the few times I've ordered from China)

Kitsoru
11-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Apparently, Customs is being very careful these days with international packages due to the recent airmail bomb attempts, so it may just be that it's being held up in Customs- but I'd definitely still file a chargeback with Paypal if it doesn't come in by the time the 45 days limit is about to be up (like said above).

playmysitardemy
11-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Apparently, Customs is being very careful these days with international packages due to the recent airmail bomb attempts, so it may just be that it's being held up in Customs- but I'd definitely still file a chargeback with Paypal if it doesn't come in by the time the 45 days limit is about to be up (like said above).

Yes, I knew about that....but I think she sent it out (if thats true) before it happened, so I'm not sure if it would exactly affect it. The longest they've held a package that I know of is two weeks (my fiance's package). It still should have been here by now.

However, I am ready to open a dispute soon, that money I used could be used for other things if she isn't going to send me the costume. :miffed:

playmysitardemy
11-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Still no word and my 45 days were almost up so I went ahead and filed a dispute. Still no word from her, so I think she was a scammer....darn.

Edit: I got an email today saying she promises she sent it and will check in a week with the post office where it is. We'll see how this goes.

playmysitardemy
12-27-2010, 12:10 AM
The final email she sent me was December 13th, with this as the context:

"The package was delayed on it's way out of Australia, and it's flight was interfered with by bad weather. It's been forwarded through sea mail, which is why it's taking so long, now. It wasn't with express, so... they couldn't give me a good enough period of time, the best I got was 'a few more weeks'. So, whatever happens from here I have no control of. I had no control over it once I sent it off. I'd appreciate it if the dispute could be lifted, as the delay is not my fault. You told me you didn't need it immediately anyway.
Thanks. x"

So....to recap, it's been 9 weeks since she said the package has been sent, no way to track it, but it has been sent out, according to her. I had expected this costume ready for ALA, which I leave January 6th for. I have this big feeling it's not going to arrive, if she actually HAS sent it out.

I'd advise in being wary of buying anything from Zi from here on Cosplay.com. There are just too many red flags, not to mention she seems to suddenly be very defensive when an actual dispute came forth. This costume has become too much of a headache now that if she IS telling the truth and it arrives, I'd rather send it back and get my money back.

dizzylizzy
12-27-2010, 01:05 AM
I've had a package take 2 months before from Australia. : ( It was from my pen-pal so she shipped the cheaper way and with no tracking. I just thought I'd chime in with a similar shipping mishap from the same country.

Hopefully, it really was shipping and nothing else! Best of luck!

playmysitardemy
12-27-2010, 09:53 PM
I've had a package take 2 months before from Australia. : ( It was from my pen-pal so she shipped the cheaper way and with no tracking. I just thought I'd chime in with a similar shipping mishap from the same country.

Hopefully, it really was shipping and nothing else! Best of luck!

Two months? I wonder why it takes so long and why they don't track the packages either. It's been three for me.

Thanks, I hope it won't have to get to such extreme measures.

angelbabycakes
12-28-2010, 03:42 AM
Just read on eBay that there is bad weather interfering with shipping and such in Australia currently. I'm not sure if it should or would pertain to your order, but it's possible. Seems everything is working against this order. :(

Thought I might add that bit of information as well.

Best of luck with your order!

DaemonForce
12-28-2010, 03:48 AM
I would rather forefeit the one month wait from Hong Kong than to waste 3 months of my year waiting for anything from Australia. Any time me or my friends have ordered anything, the shipping was delayed by everything but customs. You aren't going to see any different.

playmysitardemy
12-29-2010, 11:49 PM
I would rather forefeit the one month wait from Hong Kong than to waste 3 months of my year waiting for anything from Australia. Any time me or my friends have ordered anything, the shipping was delayed by everything but customs. You aren't going to see any different.

I figured as much now. I've never received anything from Aussieland, but I never want to try again.

Eau de Decus
01-01-2011, 04:47 AM
I've ordered something from Australia, which took about three weeks (I'm in California). However, when people don't respond or seem to be reluctant to reply back, I always become suspicious. I just have an inherit distrust of a lot of sellers in the cosplay field I guess. Honestly, it sounds like you might have been scammed, but hopefully I am wrong and you get your item.

playmysitardemy
01-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I've ordered something from Australia, which took about three weeks (I'm in California). However, when people don't respond or seem to be reluctant to reply back, I always become suspicious. I just have an inherit distrust of a lot of sellers in the cosplay field I guess. Honestly, it sounds like you might have been scammed, but hopefully I am wrong and you get your item.

You're in Cali too huh? And three weeks to boot. Sheesh.

Yeah, she's stopped replying to my emails after the last one she sent about it "not being her problem".

lollydove
01-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Yes, currently here in Australia there are some bad floods.
By bad, I mean whole communities evacuated and the water levels covering homes, and people going around in boats.
So that might explain the slight delay... However, it depends on which part of Australia the seller was from. Right now this problem is mostly in Queensland.
If she is in Queensland and she's not replying, she may have had to evacuate a home or something similar. There's really no way to know.

playmysitardemy
01-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Yes, currently here in Australia there are some bad floods.
By bad, I mean whole communities evacuated and the water levels covering homes, and people going around in boats.
So that might explain the slight delay... However, it depends on which part of Australia the seller was from. Right now this problem is mostly in Queensland.
If she is in Queensland and she's not replying, she may have had to evacuate a home or something similar. There's really no way to know.

According to her page she lives in Sydney. I have no idea where Queensland is or if it's even close.

dizzylizzy
01-03-2011, 09:30 PM
So, no luck eh? : ( Even with weather, customs and mail service it should be here by now. I don't know if there is a way to contact customs (that is, if it was ever sent at all). I'm assuming it's way too late for PP refund too. I wonder if you can talk about the issue to them and see what they can do, even if it's a partial refund.

Seriously blows, man. : /

playmysitardemy
01-03-2011, 10:14 PM
So, no luck eh? : ( Even with weather, customs and mail service it should be here by now. I don't know if there is a way to contact customs (that is, if it was ever sent at all). I'm assuming it's way too late for PP refund too. I wonder if you can talk about the issue to them and see what they can do, even if it's a partial refund.

Seriously blows, man. : /

My fiance is trying to reopen the dispute about it, I haven't asked her if she has or not. The girl called her post office and all she could tell me was 'wait a couple weeks'. That was before Christmas if I remember correctly. Either way, I'm seriously wondering if she actually sent it too. She hasn't been on this website since the 12th of November and she never replied to my email a few weeks ago. It wouldn't have been so bad if she gave me some sort of proof she sent it...as well as a better attitude than "not my problem anymore, so shut up". :angry:

EDIT: Apparently you can't reopen a dispute (which is dumb since they auto-closed it due to "lack of response" from this girl)....SO we're probably going to call Paypal. If they won't help, I'm issuing a chargeback.

lollydove
01-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Nope, Sydney is in New South Wales.
Take action. ^_^ Paypal is convenient but it's crap.

playmysitardemy
01-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Nope, Sydney is in New South Wales.
Take action. ^_^ Paypal is convenient but it's crap.

Tell me about it.

playmysitardemy
01-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Okay, so I'm having a shitty day and driving home from work when my fiance tells me I have a package.

Turns out the girl really did send it, but for some reason it took four months to get here. Go figure. I'm going to write an apology email to her right now. Man I kinda feel bad.

Guess it's a good thing I'm a procrastinator.

dizzylizzy
01-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Oh wow! That is the longest I've ever seen mail take. At least it's here!!!! I'm happy for you!!

playmysitardemy
01-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh wow! That is the longest I've ever seen mail take. At least it's here!!!! I'm happy for you!!

Same here. I've realized a couple pieces need major work that didn't show in the pictures but at least i have it.

Sakura Efreet
01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Same here. I've realized a couple pieces need major work that didn't show in the pictures but at least i have it.

Does it say on the package when it was sent? Don't apologize until you find out it was sent in a timely manner.

playmysitardemy
01-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Does it say on the package when it was sent? Don't apologize until you find out it was sent in a timely manner.

I didn't exactly check the date but there is a sea mail tag on it. I will do that tonight when I get off work. That's a good idea though!

Eau de Decus
01-10-2011, 12:39 AM
I didn't exactly check the date but there is a sea mail tag on it. I will do that tonight when I get off work. That's a good idea though! Yeah, I wouldn't apologize until you know the shipping time frame. Four months is asinine for anything unless there are special circumstances, or because of something tailor-made to your person and that was the expected window needed to make it, but I know Australia is experiencing massive flooding, so that could be the reason I suppose.

playmysitardemy
01-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't apologize until you know the shipping time frame. Four months is asinine for anything unless there are special circumstances, or because of something tailor-made to your person and that was the expected window needed to make it, but I know Australia is experiencing massive flooding, so that could be the reason I suppose.

The costume was pre-made since it was one of her old ones.

She also supposedly lives in Sydney, which the flooding isn't happening.

Eau de Decus
01-10-2011, 01:13 AM
The costume was pre-made since it was one of her old ones.

She also supposedly lives in Sydney, which the flooding isn't happening. Hmmm, then I don't know.

At least you got your item. :3

Nakia
12-07-2011, 07:13 PM
-post removed-

SparrowRayne
12-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I have a boyfriend who lives in Australia and he has told me some...l rather horrible stories about the postal system there.

It could in fact been stuck in the postal system because they suspected something in them that's not allowed to be shipped. For example, he tried to send me a package of little mementos that mean a lot to both of us or would, they held that package for 3 months, before calling him down to the post office to question him on "something suspicious inside." Come to find out, it was only a fuckin' ring. A ring guys. XD

I've also been sending him a bunch of letters as of late, and they held my letters from him for a good 3 weeks after they got there to make sure there was nothing in them. 2 were opened. -_-

Australia is weird about their post man. And I can't speak about sea mail or anything like that but, it definitely coulda been the post.