PDA

View Full Version : Chrome's Midriff Shirt and Outfit!

Kokoro
11-24-2010, 02:19 PM
I have already searched through the "Where to I find___" thread, but I found out that it's mostly just fabric.
Here's a picture of Chrome Dokuro from Katekyo Hitman Reborn:
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/f5136ebc41adf63d20438e08ae3154ac1240376072_full.jp g
Her shirt is supposed to be a bit above her bellybutton and I intend to mirror that. However, even after searching eBay, I can't find a single dark green midriff longsleeve shirt that is usable. Of course, I don't expect it to have the buttons and all, just plain is fine. Does anyone know anywhere trustworthy where I can buy a shirt like that, store or website? As long as it's relatively the same color and long sleeve (I'll deal with the turtleneck thing later) I'll take it~ I'd prefer it would be midriff, but I (might... -_-) be able to cut it...
Also, since I'm already writing this post, I might as well just ask: Does anyone know anywhere where I can by a skirt or skort that, well in the link, similar to that?
I'm pretty hopeless...~ :crylaugh::waaaah:

o01101011
11-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Do you have any experience with sewing? Or know anyone that could do it for you? Your best bet is to make it from scratch if you want the skirt and top to match..

Spshlfx
11-24-2010, 07:06 PM
what you could do is go to a kohls or something and try out their petticoats that are the same color, find out which size shows your belly button, then if you don't find the color you can try
wetseal
hottopic
places like that and order online
and since the arms will be to short you can find material in a fabric store to mimic the same on the petticoat and just sew on new ends to the arms

just round bracellet like cuffs and then to hide that seem make a arm cuff or something decorative there.
you kind fo get the idae :)

Kokoro
11-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Do you have any experience with sewing? Or know anyone that could do it for you? Your best bet is to make it from scratch if you want the skirt and top to match..

Well I could certainly get someone to teach me. It shouldn't be... tHaT hard... right? Ehe... But that sounds reasonable and plus, I have quite some time before I plan on being Chrome Dokuro. Thanks so much!

Kokoro
11-24-2010, 08:33 PM
what you could do is go to a kohls or something and try out their petticoats that are the same color, find out which size shows your belly button, then if you don't find the color you can try
wetseal
hottopic
places like that and order online
and since the arms will be to short you can find material in a fabric store to mimic the same on the petticoat and just sew on new ends to the arms

just round bracellet like cuffs and then to hide that seem make a arm cuff or something decorative there.
you kind fo get the idae :)

This sounds good, too! It's a great idea, and I'm going to hot topic soon, so why not? Thanks~~

ELunamoon
12-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Once you find the perfect shirt, hem it a bit (Involves very basic sewing skills. VERY BASIC.) Just get your perfect shirt and don't worry about how long it is, it can always be fixed (: You can even ask the people at the dry cleaners to do it for you~

DaemonForce
12-12-2010, 07:49 PM
As much as this makes me cringe at the thought of another no-skill trying this...Either build or modify it yourself.
You can even ask the people at the dry cleaners to do it for you~
It's that simple dear. :/

If you want to buy your own, I have nothing against it but chances are the costume isn't going to show a lot of your midsection. Also, the costume (http://www.milanoo.com/Katekyo-Hitman-Reborn-Chrome-Dokuro-Cosplay-Costume-p14439.html) is a bit cheap. I would only be worried about how much it shows if you're a delicious flat chest like the few I've seen trying their luck as Chrome Dokuro. Of course if that isn't the case you'll have absolutely nothing to worry about! <3

:D